Why does Tim Sylvia think he deserves a fight with Fedor?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Why does Tim Sylvia think he deserves a fight with Fedor?
joshjr
4/2/08 4:50:27AM
Dont get me wrong I think Tim is a talented fighter but as far as I think most MMA fans would rather see Fedor fight Randy, Josh Barnett, rematch Cro Cop or Mark Hunt before fighting Sylvia. Not sure where I think Tim fits in the HW division or who I would like to see him fight. I suppose that a fight with him and Josh Barnett would be interesting or maybe Aleksander Emelianenko. What are everyone elses thoughts? Does tim deserve a shot at Fedor before Randy, Josh Barnett, or Nog?
chubbud22
4/2/08 6:11:58AM
at least Fedor will have to fight someone thats not a comlete can
waylon_o
4/2/08 9:01:13AM
Tim is top 5, so him fighting Fedor or any other top 5 HW is a legitimate match-up
sinister_16
4/2/08 9:25:33AM
if Fedor ever fought Tim that fight would not make it second round Fedor would snap his arm just like Frank did
postman
4/2/08 10:06:48AM
What made Choi think he deserved a fight with Fedor?
Aaronno9
4/2/08 11:08:17AM
Hes basically the best competition fedor can get. Then general idea is that hes the 4th-5th best heavyweight in the world right now. Fedor cant fight nog becouse hes in the ufc, randy apparantly cant fight at this point becouse of the mess hes in the with ufc, nobody knows what the hell is going on with barnett, who doesnt seem to interested in a fight with fedor anyways.

I think the question is, who do you think deserves to fight fedor more than tim, who is logically available? Mabeys arlovski if he leaves the ufc, but id say tim should be first in line against andrei. Tbh, even if nog was available id rather see him fight tim anyways since hes pretty much dominated nog twice already anyways. I definatly think i fight with josh would be interesting, but like i say, he seems generally disinterested in fighting feder, and ive got no idea who hes signed with at the moment. I did a poll on where people ranked hunt not to long ago, and the majority was top 20 max, so i think sylvia warrents a shot more than him, plus hes been pretty inactive for a while now. Cro cop, at this point, just doesnt deserve a shot. He needs to work his way up again. Then you've got guys on the outside like werdum and gabe, but there obviously tied to the ufc.

To me, tim is the best option for fedor now anyways, whether he deserves it or not. I think he does though.
Mchubb316
4/2/08 11:37:03AM
Sylvia deserves to fight Fedor. He's been the champ in the UFC. He has a good record. He is a game heavyweight and would have a strong chance of beating Fedor.
pv3Hpv3p
4/2/08 2:11:57PM
Well the Randy fight won't happen because of the Zuffa contract...

The two sides can't seem to come to an agreement when it comes to the Barnett situation...

Mirko and Hunt would be rematches....

People have been screaming for Fedor to fight top level comp... Tim is top level comp... What's the problem really?

The only other fight I see worth putting on right now would be Fedor vs Kharitonov or Junior Silva, and neither of them are really any more deserving than Sylvia...

Imagine what the promoters for Adrenaline MMA are thinking... We can have an ex champ from the UFC, who just had a title shot and has a recognizable face/name... To validate this monster of a guy we have, that's been slipping down the rankings even though all he's been doing is winning... No brainer if you ask me
joshjr
4/2/08 7:20:38PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Nobody knows what the hell is going on with Barnett. Who dosent seem to be interested in a fight with fedor anyways.

I definatly think i fight with josh would be interesting, but like i say, he seems generally disinterested in fighting feder, and ive got no idea who hes signed with at the moment.

Josh has signed with Worled Victory Road and had a fight recently. What makes you think he is not interested. The guy was waiting for a long time ot even sign with anyone to see where Fedor was going. Not to mention that he said alot of times in Pride especially in the open weight tourny that he wanted to fight Fedor. He was glad that Fedor was in his brothers corner when he beat him to send a message of whats coming. Josh deserves a shot at Fedor. My question was not meant to sound like Tim does not deserve a shot just that there are more deserving before him.
Aaronno9
4/2/08 7:44:43PM

Posted by joshjr

Posted by Aaronno9

Nobody knows what the hell is going on with Barnett. Who dosent seem to be interested in a fight with fedor anyways.

I definatly think i fight with josh would be interesting, but like i say, he seems generally disinterested in fighting feder, and ive got no idea who hes signed with at the moment.

Josh has signed with Worled Victory Road and had a fight recently. What makes you think he is not interested. The guy was waiting for a long time ot even sign with anyone to see where Fedor was going. Not to mention that he said alot of times in Pride especially in the open weight tourny that he wanted to fight Fedor. He was glad that Fedor was in his brothers corner when he beat him to send a message of whats coming. Josh deserves a shot at Fedor. My question was not meant to sound like Tim does not deserve a shot just that there are more deserving before him.

I just read an interview with him not long ago where he was saying something along the lines of wanting to sign with an org where he can pretty much do what he wants, and it theres no top competition there so be it, so i just figured hes not really fussed about fighting fedor at this point.
joshjr
4/2/08 8:09:32PM
You got to understand that the guy was more then ready to get back into competation. A fight with Yoshida was a good one for his first fight back. Josh is not one to like setteling for lower competation. I bet we will see him in the near future with better opponets.
mrliquid
4/3/08 9:34:12AM
I think Fedor should fight Tim cause it actually might be a challenging fight unlike his last couple I don't think Tim deserves it more than Randy but who knows when or even if Randy and Fedor will ever fight its been debating back and forth forever now why not have a fight or 2 untill it happens.
Jipper
4/4/08 11:42:09AM
Timmy's better than anyone Fedor's fought in Years, and years, and years, and years and years and years.
IriShame
4/4/08 8:35:56PM
Tim Sylvia deserves a fight with Fedor in the sense that people have heard of him. It would be a welcome change to see the supposed best fighter in the world fighting something other than circus freaks and novelty acts. At the end of the day Fedor was, and is, the best in his division but occasionally even the best need to prove it. A win against Tim Sylvia would help us all sleep a little easier and we get to see Tim take another beating and let me tell you, I never get tired of that. In a perfect world we could see Fedor vs. Arlovski for Sambo expert bragging rights but let's face it. It's never gonna happen.
bls1919
4/4/08 8:58:31PM
I think Tim does deserve a fight with Fedor. He is a top 10 HW in the world, some say top 5 (not me). Unless Fedor is going to fight Randy or Barnett, i think Timmmaahh should get the nod. But Fedor did just cut ties with the org Tim just signed with, so that might pose a problem