Tim Sylvia calls out...... Ken Shamrock

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Tim Sylvia calls out...... Ken Shamrock
Next Page »
Franklinfan47
12/2/08 12:22:03PM
link

I found this hilarious. Atleast Sylvia still wants to face top competition .

Thoughts?
seanfu
12/2/08 12:27:03PM
Respect, Sylvia.... Respect, you've definantly earned it now. anyone agreeing with me yet?
ohiostate1016
12/2/08 12:47:09PM
Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

(I got Ken in this one).
Aaronno9
12/2/08 12:49:12PM
It really makes me laugh seeing people trying to mock Tim. He fought AA when he looked unstoppable and then again even though AA beat Tim already and looked better with every fight after, Ricco when he looked unstoppable and was on an 11 fight streak, Monson when he was on a 16 fight win steak, an unbeaten Brandon Vera. Then he fought an on top of his game Fedor. Hes fought a whos who of HWs.

Question his talent all you want, but trying to mock him for who he fights is plain stupid and disrespectful. How about you step in the cage with the best p4p fighter in the world, then come on the internet and start mocking Tim, and i might not laugh at you quite so much.
MALICE
12/2/08 12:53:53PM

Posted by Aaronno9

It really makes me laugh seeing people trying to mock Tim. He fought AA when he looked unstoppable and then again even though AA beat Tim and looked better with every fight, Ricco when he looked unstoppable and was on an 11 fight streak, Monson when he was on a 16 fight win steak, an unbeaten Brandon Vera. Then he fought an on top of his game Fedor. Hes fought a whos who of HWs.

Question his talent all you want, but trying to mock him for who he fights is plain stupid and disrespectful. How about you step in the cage with the best p4p fighter in the world, then come on the internet and start mocking Tim, and i might not laugh at you quite so much.

Well....No need for me to post now. Well Said.
Franklinfan47
12/2/08 1:09:05PM

Posted by Aaronno9

It really makes me laugh seeing people trying to mock Tim. He fought AA when he looked unstoppable and then again even though AA beat Tim already and looked better with every fight after, Ricco when he looked unstoppable and was on an 11 fight streak, Monson when he was on a 16 fight win steak, an unbeaten Brandon Vera. Then he fought an on top of his game Fedor. Hes fought a whos who of HWs.

I think you need to read my post again. I know he's faced tough competition. I mocked the fact that he actually called out Ken Shamrock...thats all. Relax.
MALICE
12/2/08 1:17:30PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Aaronno9

I think you need to read my post again. I know he's faced tough competition. I mocked the fact that he actually called out Ken Shamrock...thats all. Relax.

So basically you're mocking Ken Shamrock...........and Tim Sylvia.
Aaronno9
12/2/08 1:17:37PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Aaronno9

C'mon, you obviously started the thread to give people an exuse to have their say on Tim, otherwise you wouldnt of started a thread that was already created a couple of hours ago. Anyways, my response was more directed at the comment below yours talking about Tim still needing to earn respect. I guess fighting the best competition available to you all your career doesnt get you respect anymore.......
Gipper
12/2/08 1:37:06PM
why in the hell would sylvia call out ken shamrock? he has nothing to gain from beating shamrock these days. maybe 5-10 years ago i could see but not now.
breakdown5
12/2/08 2:08:24PM
This would probably be a pretty big fight in Japan. I'm not a huge fan of Big Tim, but I don't know why he would take this fight. What good would it do for Tim to destroy Shamrock (which is exactly what will happen)?

He could build a sweet career fighting legends years past their prime. After he beats Ken, he could fight Sakuraba, or Don Frye, or Dan Severn, etc. How about a mega fight between Sylvia and Royce Gracie? A true legends match!

He's on the road to being the future YAMMA heavyweight champion.
Khaos
12/2/08 3:43:17PM
Ken's Rebutle(sp?): Yeah, this isn't ballet dancing, monkey!
copcopps
12/2/08 3:43:21PM
Tim's got this aura about him that make Japanese people love him and well, Ken got tooled by Sakuraba so it's gonna be a pretty good fight marketing wise
cowcatcher
12/2/08 3:51:03PM

Posted by Gipper

why in the hell would sylvia call out ken shamrock? he has nothing to gain from beating shamrock these days. maybe 5-10 years ago i could see but not now.

he will have a big paycheck to gain because known HWs make top dollar. still though im surprised that ken is the guy he wants but he needs to build himself up a little i guess and sadly ken is a W for just about every solid HW these days.
postman
12/2/08 3:51:47PM
I am no Big Tim fan But more and more I find myself defending him. I saw him fight Randy at 68 and the Booing for Tim was unreal. I will never Boo a fighter unless he pulls something like Coleman or fights like Starnes. Tim is Ugly and wins fights with his size and for some reason gets shit on for it an it is not right.

Now I didn;t read the article but I see no reason for him to call out Shamrock unless Ken was talking himself. Tim is lightyears better then Ken.
Franklinfan47
12/2/08 4:26:32PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Aaronno9

So basically you're mocking Ken Shamrock...........and Tim Sylvia.

I'm not mocking Shamrock or Tim. I find the fact that Tim called out Ken Shamrock is hilarious BECAUSE of the fact that Tim is still a top hw whether people like it or not and for a guy of his calibre to call out a guy who is way past his prime and hasn't won a fight in close to 5 years, but is still a legend none the less whether people like it or not, is mockable. I'm sorry, but if BJ Penn called out Andy Wang, or if Anderson Silva called out Rory Singer, they'd get the exact same response. So deal with it.
MALICE
12/2/08 4:33:04PM

Posted by Franklinfan47
I'm not mocking Shamrock or Tim. I find the fact that Tim called out Ken Shamrock is hilarious BECAUSE of the fact that Tim is still a top hw whether people like it or not and for a guy of his calibre to call out a guy who is way past his prime and hasn't won a fight in close to 5 years, but is still a legend none the less whether people like it or not, is mockable. I'm sorry, but if BJ Penn called out Andy Wang, or if Anderson Silva called out Rory Singer, they'd get the exact same response. So deal with it.

So now you're mocking Andy Wang and Rory Singer too.
Franklinfan47
12/2/08 6:38:04PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by Franklinfan47

So now you're mocking Andy Wang and Rory Singer too.

StorminYourman
12/3/08 12:05:50AM
these guys have no business fighting each other
Shamrock should fight some one like James Thomson or Travis Fulton
Meanwhile Tim Should fight someone like Overreem,Fugita,or Semmy

These guys are on two different levels.There is no need for this match up~!
Rush
12/3/08 7:20:56AM
I think it would make more sense calling out Dan Severn than Ken Shamrock. IMO you don't call guys out for a paycheque. You call them out because you have something to prove. I don't see how Time Sylvia has anythign to prove against Ken unless Ken said something about him critical. I don't get this because it just makes Sylvia look like he wants an easy win.
4u2nv
12/3/08 10:45:31AM

Posted by Rush

I think it would make more sense calling out Dan Severn than Ken Shamrock. IMO you don't call guys out for a paycheque. You call them out because you have something to prove. I don't see how Time Sylvia has anythign to prove against Ken unless Ken said something about him critical. I don't get this because it just makes Sylvia look like he wants an easy win.

Agreed! i can't see any reason for him to call out Ken. It should be a easy win since he's washed up.
RhythmAndStyle
12/3/08 3:28:59PM

Posted by seanfu

Respect, Sylvia.... Respect, you've definantly earned it now. anyone agreeing with me yet?

oh yea..thats one way of gettin respect..callin out a out-dated fighter..good move...
mentalcase
12/4/08 2:18:12AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cameron
12/4/08 7:58:10AM
they both need to fight it would be a good fight they are both washed up i think it would be entertaining.
bobbydoomocculta
12/4/08 10:44:40PM

This thread is hillarious... Settle down dudes...

I agree with everyone that's said "Tim has nothing to gain from this fight"...

It might be a good fight but If he's doing it because he thinks it's an "easy win" I hope he gets leg-locked for his troubles...
Mungooch
12/5/08 10:21:30PM
Ken Should fight this guy The prince of Leglocks
Aaronno9
12/5/08 10:25:00PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by Aaronno9

Frankie say, suck my balls.
The-Don
12/9/08 7:07:18PM

Posted by Khaos

Ken's Rebutle(sp?): Yeah, this isn't ballet dancing, monkey!

Actually Ken knew nothing of this until just a few nights ago when my jits instructor Emailed him after I mentioned it to my instructor.. Ken though it was funny and said he has no interest in the match at this time..
tooly236
12/11/08 10:55:30PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Tim wants the spotlight, with the spotlight comes us. Tim is always complaining that nobody ever takes him serious, no ******* kidding Tim. You are calling out Ken Shamrock. Time to hang up the gloves, or move on from Pat's camp. They are a dying breed.
cmill21
12/12/08 12:19:07AM

Posted by tooly236

Posted by Aaronno9

Tim wants the spotlight, with the spotlight comes us. Tim is always complaining that nobody ever takes him serious, no ******* kidding Tim. You are calling out Ken Shamrock. Time to hang up the gloves, or move on from Pat's camp. They are a dying breed.

He just took on Fedor and Nog, he earned a washed up can so he can get a W.
Aaronno9
12/12/08 12:27:50AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tooly236

Posted by Aaronno9

He just took on Fedor and Nog, he earned a washed up can so he can get a W.

He just fought the number 1 and 2 heavyweights in the world and lost. It makes absolutely no sense for him to be fighting a top guy at this point. Who else looses 3/4 fights, then goes on to fight another guy at the top of the division??? Id still be willing to bet any money i have Tim would accept a fight with any top 10 guy if it was offered to him, but when youve fought the guys Tim has, most of the time when his opponents are in the forms of their lives, you can afford to take a break every once in a while.
Pages: [1] 2