Tim Sylvia and Ben Rothwell Sign with Adrenaline MMA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tim Sylvia and Ben Rothwell Sign with Adrenaline MMA
Next Page »
telnights
3/28/08 10:34:46PM
Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia (24-4), a longtime UFC fighter whose relationship with the organization was oftentimes rocky, has left the organization and signed with Adrenaline MMA -- the promotion previously known as M-1 Global.

Adrenaline MMA CEO Monte Cox announced that former IFL stand-out heavyweight Ben Rothwell (29-5) has also signed with the organization, which is working toward a June 14 show in Chicago

LINK
telnights
3/28/08 10:45:32PM
I think this is a big mistake by both fighters. I think Cox is using his influence on these guys to get them to sign and will just hurt his fighters in the long run. I think UFC should have keep Tim around but I not sure the could have last time I checked M-1 was offering way more money than they could afford to pay and this was admitted by Cox not just 2 days ago. When he said they don't have near the money to offer as the UFC and they were taking a huge loss on Fedor. I use to think very highly of Cox but now not so much as this is a huge conflict of interest.
tuvok500
3/28/08 11:11:36PM

Posted by telnights

I think this is a big mistake by both fighters. I think Cox is using his influence on these guys to get them to sign and will just hurt his fighters in the long run. I think UFC should have keep Tim around but I not sure the could have last time I checked M-1 was offering way more money than they could afford to pay and this was admitted by Cox not just 2 days ago. When he said they don't have near the money to offer as the UFC and they were taking a huge loss on Fedor. I use to think very highly of Cox but now not so much as this is a huge conflict of interest.

bullettdodger
3/28/08 11:41:07PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by telnights

Porch28
3/28/08 11:54:21PM
I can just see it now Monte Cox announcing" And in May's main event it will be Tim Sylvia vs Ben Rothwell" and then 2 month's later it will be "In july's Main event it will be The Champ Tim Sylvia vs Ben Rothwell" and then In September This Month's main event will be The Champ Ben Rothwell vs Tim Sylvia Can he win his belt back as I try to build this organization around these 2 cast offs and totally f**k their careers. I hope you get my point.
Porch28
3/28/08 11:58:57PM
We have two of the best heavyweights in the world to start off," Cox said of Adrenaline MMA. "There are a lot of organizations that would like to be in our shoes."
Kracker_Jap
3/29/08 12:34:50AM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by telnights

juanez13
3/29/08 12:52:34AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by telnights

juanez13
3/29/08 1:05:14AM
you can check tim sylvia nearly barfs on Inside MMA

LINK (video)

Notable Tim quote #1: “I’m out of the UFC for a couple years, and maybe I go back. I want to end my career in the UFC…Right now, this is the best thing for me.”

— Notable Tim quote #2: “There’s a guy out there named Fedor who I’d like to fight, and I think the only way that’s gonna happen is by me leaving the UFC.”

Holy crap! Can you imagine if Tim got a crack at Fedor before Randy Couture? It seems a little shocking that Dana White would let Tim leave the UFC without putting up a fight (Sylvia had one match left on his current contract), but maybe this is just an elaborate scheme to screw Randy. Dana, you brilliant asshole!
Pookie
3/29/08 1:18:07AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by telnights

cmill21
3/29/08 1:20:44AM
I have no idea what the UFC is planning for their HW div, this is the div that ruined boxing with the boring fighters and lack of talent. We were trying to come up with interesting fights at the bar tonight...we don't have much lol. I'm not sure what this means for Adrenaline or the UFC but I have no idea what they're planning...either of them.
Kpro
3/29/08 1:56:23AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by telnights

jakeiceman
3/29/08 2:14:14AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Pookie

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by telnights

what the hell
prozacnation1978
3/29/08 2:20:06AM
ufc needsa to sign a big name like barnett or someone else right now
jae_1833
3/29/08 2:28:07AM
UFC needs at least 5 Top HW fighters right now. They need to make sure they still have AA, need to gain Barnett, Fedor, resign Randy, pick up a couple of others too while they are at it. Monson, Aleks, Pedro, Ricko....I don't care what but they have a serious lack in just plain numbers right now. Talent would help a lot too. Of course they could just not show the HW div for a while.... I don't know how to unf*$k it!!!
McBee
3/29/08 2:40:56AM

Posted by jae_1833

UFC needs at least 5 Top HW fighters right now. They need to make sure they still have AA, need to gain Barnett, Fedor, resign Randy, pick up a couple of others too while they are at it. Monson, Aleks, Pedro, Ricko....I don't care what but they have a serious lack in just plain numbers right now. Talent would help a lot too. Of course they could just not show the HW div for a while.... I don't know how to unf*$k it!!!

I do not know first of all Cox released Fedor to pick up Rothwell and Sylvia so, it is possible the UFC might be able to bet Fedor and if they do Randy, but they still have Nog, Werdum, AA, Gonzaga, Cro Cop if he comes back and a lot more fighter that could mature into great fighters or are one or two good fight to being there, Vera, Mir, Lesner, Kongo and Herring. That is a lot more even without Fedor and Randy that any other promotion and even deeper than the UFC was in any weightclass besides WW a few years back.

And someone has to say it Sylvia was going for the points to win instead of finishing or even winning decisively which really screwed a lot of main events up, AA 3, Monson, and Vera, Iam not glad the gentle giant is gone because I still want to see CC beat him via HLK.
Ordep
3/29/08 3:15:26AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Pookie

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by telnights

what the hell

>

BTW.... money talks
RMFG_187
3/29/08 5:20:15AM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Pookie

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by telnights

what the hell

>

BTW.... money talks

telnights
3/29/08 5:50:02AM
Its nice to see so many agree with me but for my sanity please stop the quoting.
bls1919
3/29/08 8:35:54AM
I think this is a bad move for both fighters. Adrenaline/M-1 for sure cant put the money together that the UFC can, and how many fights do they put on in a year. I just hope these guys dont waste their prime waiting for M-1 to put on fights.
emfleek
3/29/08 9:44:41AM
Well, Tim hasn't actually fought in the UFC for a long time.

I'm personally not disappointed about him leaving the organization.
rabbit915
3/29/08 12:06:00PM
Just read the sherdog article and apparantly both of sylvia and rothwells contracts allow them to fight in other organizations. They specifically talk about fighting people in japan. I think this might not have been the worst move by them actually because they might end up fighting more and fighting some pretty good talent too.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/29/08 12:43:53PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by telnights

they r perty dumb if u ask me
gartface
3/29/08 2:38:04PM

Posted by emfleek

Well, Tim hasn't actually fought in the UFC for a long time.

I'm personally not disappointed about him leaving the organization.

Manak
3/29/08 2:47:46PM
i think this could be more of a plan the ufc has. cause if they let randy go head and fight outside they lose but tim is not as big of a name as randy, so maybe send him out see wut happens. but ufc does need to get some more HW, cause right now no one really has a true HW div
ncordless
3/29/08 2:58:56PM

Posted by telnights

Its nice to see so many agree with me but for my sanity please stop the quoting.

CornishMMA
3/29/08 4:15:21PM

On a thread with so much agreement i should really use this for the 1st time its like we are 1 brain

I really wanted to quote that again but resisted, that many bananas is unhealthy i think

Tim is scared of the competition in the UFC now, Vera would have beaten him in a rematch i think minus a borken hand, but its funny cos now Arlovski cant really go to AMMA (yeah thats the new abbreviation we will all use!) cos nobody wants to see them fight again! Wonder if that long dreamed of match with Fedor will happen then? he would be destroyed
grappler0000
3/29/08 4:32:52PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Tim is scared of the competition in the UFC now, Vera would have beaten him in a rematch i think minus a borken hand, but its funny cos now Arlovski cant really go to AMMA (yeah thats the new abbreviation we will all use!) cos nobody wants to see them fight again! Wonder if that long dreamed of match with Fedor will happen then? he would be destroyed

AMMA...not to be confused with WAMMA or YAMMA!
tuvok500
3/29/08 5:06:42PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by telnights

with that too !!
grappler0000
3/29/08 6:36:28PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by ncordless

Posted by telnights

with that too !!

me three
Pages: [1] 2