Tim Kennedy softens stance against UFC fighter pay

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tim Kennedy softens stance against UFC fighter pay
FastKnockout
6/28/13 12:21:56AM
In an interview earlier this week, Kennedy took a hard stance against fighter pay at the highest level of the sport. He spoke harshly saying he could make more money "emptying garbage cans" than he does as a fighter. However, today he released a statement with a much more optimistic view.

Link
frizzzlecake
6/28/13 2:56:53AM
Seem's like the UFC gave him a call.

Dana: YOU WANT TO BE A BEELPING FIGHTER IN THE UFC TIM, SHUT THE BLEEP UP!!!

Tim: Yes, sir

that's how i see the conversation.
pmoney
6/28/13 10:52:04AM

Posted by frizzzlecake

I'll second that, and I'd also like to think the phrase "fall in line" was thrown around there somewhere
BillsNewAccount
6/28/13 12:54:36PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by frizzzlecake

I'll second that, and I'd also like to think the phrase "fall in line" was thrown around there somewhere

As long as we're adding Dana dialog: 'If you want to get paid start banging like your Leonard Garcia. No one likes faggy submissions.'
prozacnation1978
6/28/13 1:25:50PM
He is on a short leash
If he losses next week he could be cut
machodog76
6/28/13 1:47:15PM
The world needs garbage men. I hate it when people from a higher social/economic strata shit on people who work boring everyman jobs. Sombody needs to take the trash away, serve you your food and clean your hotel rooms. Those people are needed Mr. Kennedy is not.
Sir_Karl
6/28/13 2:40:29PM
He opened his mouth without thinking and now he is backtracking to save his ass.
BillsNewAccount
6/28/13 4:34:45PM

Posted by machodog76

The world needs garbage men. I hate it when people from a higher social/economic strata shit on people who work boring everyman jobs. Sombody needs to take the trash away, serve you your food and clean your hotel rooms. Those people are needed Mr. Kennedy is not.

Mr. Kennedy is an Army man. I think he knows about thankless jobs and was just trying to make the point that some fighters are making too little.
machodog76
6/28/13 7:15:59PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by machodog76

Mr. Kennedy is an Army man. I think he knows about thankless jobs and was just trying to make the point that some fighters are making too little.

I know he was, but he's not in the Army anymore and he's implying that a garbage man is not a worthy profession. The fact that he was a soldier makes it crappier to me. I would also argue that while soldiers are probably the most underpaid people in our country (considering the importance of the job and the risk assumed) it isn't exactly thankless most people I know have a great respect for those who serve I certainly do.