Tim Kennedy - Open Letter

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tim Kennedy - Open Letter
icarus4321
2/7/08 10:15:59AM
To the IFL and fans of MMA,

It is with regret that I must announce I will have an assignment with the United States Army that will prevent me from fighting on the 29th of February, 2008. I serve my country with great honor and I am proud of my service.

I would like to thank the MMA, IFL fans, and media that have rallied to my support.

I am sorry I will be unable to provide another exciting fight. Your support over the MMA forums and articles has been extremely humbling and kind.

This fight with Matt Horwich would have been an excellent match up for me and for the fans, as our styles would have made a great fight.

This assignment will not prevent me from other fights this year. As many of you know, I had four IFL and HDNet fights along with five US Army fights in 2007. This is the first fight in 7 years of fighting I will have to miss.

Fighting is what I enjoy and I will return this year!

I would like to specifically thank Kurt Otto and the IFL for their continued support of me and my commitments to the United States Army.

The IFL is a great organization that truly supports its fighters and provides an excellent show for the fans in attendance. I wish them the best and I hope they will give me another chance to win the IFL belt this year.

All the best,

Tim Kennedy

http://ifl.tv/News-08Feb06-Tim-Kennedy-letter.html
Vendetta
2/7/08 10:24:33AM
I hope Tim Kennedy realizes that the fans aren't the least bit pissed off at him for this. Quality guy, quality fighter. I wish him the best of luck.
zephead
2/7/08 10:28:34AM
Thank you for your service Tim. Your sacrifice is what makes this country a better place
emfleek
2/7/08 10:32:02AM

Posted by zephead

Thank you for your service Tim. Your sacrifice is what makes this country a better place

DustinT
2/7/08 5:14:31PM
Tim's a bad ass....that much is certain.
while i was looking forward to this fight, i respect him more for doing what he's doin'. I'm sure everyone wish's him the best in whatever he does. Mad ******' props.