Tim Boetsch – From Part-Time to Prime Time

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tim Boetsch – From Part-Time to Prime Time
RMFG_187
2/21/08 6:56:03PM
Tim Boetsch has heard the snide remarks before, the snickers when he tells people that he’s a strong proponent (and practitioner) of Bruce Lee’s Jeet Kune Do style. They’re remarks borne in ignorance, of not being able to separate Lee’s teachings on actual fighting with his on-screen persona as one of the first true action heroes.

Link
RMFG_187
2/21/08 6:57:36PM
Boetsch has great potential in the UFC. trouble is, he fights at arguably the hardest UFC Division (LHW). Only time will tell about his success in the UFC, but he is One Bad Dude.
buryyourdead
2/21/08 8:30:02PM
He put a serious beatdown on Heath with some real crisp standup. I don't think his wrestling will be up to par with Hammill though. The guy definetly makes a great matchup for a guy like Machida or even Liddell down the road. We''ll see what happens I ******* love 205 in the UFC though. If they would only stop dragging out a title defense. I know Page had hand surgery but WTF? they had an interim title fight when Serra got hurt so ?
silverbullet
2/21/08 10:20:40PM
Am I the only one who cannot get enough of Tim Boetsch Kool-Aid? I mean the guy is 7-1 and lost to the only decent fighter he faced. LHW title shot next?!
godofdixie
2/21/08 11:44:13PM

Posted by silverbullet

Am I the only one who cannot get enough of Tim Boetsch Kool-Aid? I mean the guy is 7-1 and lost to the only decent fighter he faced. LHW title shot next?!

i'm diggin' the barbarian flavored kool-aid after his performance against heath. i think he has the tools to beat hamill.
Shawn17
2/22/08 11:31:13AM
I think Matt will beat him into a living death.
Jackelope
2/22/08 1:14:45PM

Posted by buryyourdead

He put a serious beatdown on Heath with some real crisp standup. I don't think his wrestling will be up to par with Hammill though. The guy definetly makes a great matchup for a guy like Machida or even Liddell down the road. We''ll see what happens I ******* love 205 in the UFC though. If they would only stop dragging out a title defense. I know Page had hand surgery but WTF? they had an interim title fight when Serra got hurt so ?

Boetsch has his own wrestling credentials for sure, though. It will be interesting.