Tim v. Big Nog

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Tim v. Big Nog
Muay-Thai
11/7/07 5:00:57PM
Just saw that Tim vs. Big Nog was placed on the Fantasy Pics page...

I also noticed it is for 5 rounds... is there any source that can confirm this..??? and Confirm that randy turned down the fight...
tepid55
11/7/07 5:29:48PM
This is a championship fight and Nogueira is going to own Sylvia.
hammerhead1
11/7/07 6:27:17PM
no its not a championship fight none of them r champions its bc they r heavyweights and it will be a good fight

TIM SYLVIA DECISION OR (T)KO
Muay-Thai
11/7/07 9:24:33PM
Okay, neither are answering the question...

Is their a source that this fight IS actually happening.

they were going to offer Randy Couture a fight against Nog... If Tim is fighting him that means randy turned down this fight and thn this fight would be for the interm title.

BUT...

IS THERE A SOURCE... I have heard nowhere that this fight is happening ecept for seeing it here, but i'm wondering where its coming from.
thepunisher
11/8/07 10:07:09AM
I predict Nog coming home with the belt and Timmay's arm
DCRage
11/8/07 10:26:08AM

Posted by Muay-Thai

Okay, neither are answering the question...

Is their a source that this fight IS actually happening.

they were going to offer Randy Couture a fight against Nog... If Tim is fighting him that means randy turned down this fight and thn this fight would be for the interm title.

BUT...

IS THERE A SOURCE... I have heard nowhere that this fight is happening ecept for seeing it here, but i'm wondering where its coming from.

I can confirm that the fight is NOT official yet.

Source
stock
11/9/07 1:39:00PM
Latest I have read is that since Randy has not accepted the fight with Big Nog to deffend his HW title, that it will be given to Tim Sylvia for an interim title.

It is a 5 round fight, because (if it happens), it will be for the interim title.
It is not 5 rounds just because it is a heavyweight fight.

Everyone is seems to think that NOG is going to just walk thru Sylvia.
I think this fight is 50/50. It is a tough call since both fighters have a very difficult time finishing anyone.

Nog has not looked good as of late. IMO the first round of the Herring/Nog fight should have been 10-8; thus the fight being a draw.

Let's just look at what these guys have been up to in the past 3 years.
NOG
Fights finished: Nastula, Tamura, Martins
Fights won by Dec: Wedum, Barnett, Herring
Lost: Barnett/Fedor

So, Nog's biggest 2 wins were against Werdum who is 0-1 in the UFC and 3-3 in his last six fights, and Barnett (who could not hack it in the UFC w/o steroids and is 5-4 in the last 3 years).

Sylvia
Fights finished: Sims, Block, Telligman, & Arlovski
Fights won by Dec: Silva, Arlovski, Monson, & Vera
Lost: Couture/Arlovski

So, Sylvias 2 biggest wins were against Arlovski who is 5-2 in the last 3 year; only losing to Sylvia, and Monson? who was 3-1 in the UFC.

All-in-all, neither really look that impressive to me.
However, I am giving the edge to Sylvia at this point.
I think we can all agree that it is really tough to call since they do not have any like opponents other than Rodriguez. Nog won by dec and Sylvia won via KO. However, both these fights happened a long time ago.
jgtribbett
11/10/07 9:09:01AM

Posted by thepunisher

I predict Nog coming home with the belt and Timmay's arm

haha very well spoken.. I say Nog in the 3rd with a sub
The_Ho_Bag
11/11/07 10:28:07PM
Nog 2nd round tap =]
jgtribbett
11/13/07 10:01:23AM

Posted by tepid55

This is a championship fight and Nogueira is going to own Sylvia.

word... i'm a ll about seeing nog take out sylvia
Muay-Thai
11/15/07 2:48:43PM
Well I read that Dana offered Randy the fight officially... so i guess it is not on yet.
CornishMMA
11/16/07 7:31:13AM
The admin/mods on this site just add fights like that when they early rumors, it could change at any time but its most likely, im not confident in Randy and Dana sorting it out at their dinner date
atlas777
11/18/07 12:13:20AM
If this is true i hope tim loses
tylerlee123
12/1/07 1:41:41PM
No matter who the victor is , I cant see this fight ending anyway else than desicon
JuggaloWarrior878
12/4/07 1:46:39AM
I see tim takin it by another decision