Tibau by sub 48% (21)
Tibau by (t)ko 0% (0)
Tibau by decision 11% (5)
Stephens by sub 0% (0)
Stephens by (t)ko 36% (16)
Stephens by decision 5% (2)
Franklinfan47
3/27/09 11:27:00AM
Should be a great fight. Im a fan of both fighters.

Was wondering what everyone thought about who is going to win. I think the striking and KO power advantage definately goes to Stephens, while I give the edge on the ground to Tibau who has a definate size and strength advantage and who just subbed Rich Clementi. I don't think it will be a factor, but Tibau is also coming in on slightly short notice.

All that said, I'm taking Tibau by a submission in the 2nd. I think Stephens got exposed by Lauzon in his last fight and I think Tibau will definately use his size advantage to take it to the ground and look for the submission. If he submitted a game rich clementi I think he should be able to catch lil heathen. If he cant take Stephens down, he is in some serious trouble.

Thoughts?
copcopps
3/27/09 1:58:05PM
Picking Stephens but mainly because I've been more impressed by Stephens and not Tibau. I'll most likely change my pick though soon
chickmagnet
3/27/09 6:12:06PM
Ok...Jeremy's takedown defense isnt that bad..he works with great wrestlers, and im sure he is going to be prepared for that. Tibau's stand-up is very basic...we saw him get dropped against Joe Daddy and get absolutely dominated on the feet against Tyson Griffin. Jeremy has got some of the biggest power at 155. I think he will KO Tibau in round 1 or 2.
Pookie
3/27/09 7:19:35PM
Tibau, by mauling first round.
bls1919
3/27/09 7:55:51PM
I have Stevens taking it in a pounding. Going to be a long night for Tibau.
prozacnation1978
3/28/09 11:50:38AM
tibau is too strong and big for jeremy
look what tibau did to clementi he subbed him
i think stevens will lose if it hits the ground
bls1919
3/28/09 9:20:15PM
i dont see this fight making it to the ground. Stevens is going to come in like a buzzsaw and tear Tibau up.
101proof
3/29/09 2:39:27AM
I got Stephens this kids wicked and gets better every time he fights Tibeu is a good fighter but his striking is weak and in most other areas he seems very basic I think the only reason hes had some success at LW is the fact that hes huge for that wieghtclass.Stephens will come in with a good game plan and if he can control his emotions and stick to it I think he will win
NatedawgThaM
3/29/09 11:00:55PM
I actually think Stephens will stay in his face and KO him in the 2nd. I don't think Tibau is as good as some people think he is. He has great BJJ but everywhere else I don't think he stands a chance. I think Stephens will stay on him and KO him.
Pookie
3/29/09 11:23:13PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Ok...Jeremy's takedown defense isnt that bad..he works with great wrestlers, and im sure he is going to be prepared for that. Tibau's stand-up is very basic...we saw him get dropped against Joe Daddy and get absolutely dominated on the feet against Tyson Griffin. Jeremy has got some of the biggest power at 155. I think he will KO Tibau in round 1 or 2.

he also was dominating Joe stevenson before getting caught in that guillotine.
ToeZup
3/31/09 12:44:07PM
Jeremy, TKO, round 2.
I just don't think Tibau is on the same stand up level. This definitely has FOTN written all over it though.
bls1919
3/31/09 7:11:54PM
I asm not so sure now, Stevens didnt make weight!?!?!?! I wonder y? hopfully he isnt injured. I still have him picked but took him out of my parlay
Franklinfan47
3/31/09 8:00:38PM
The fight is still on. Both have agreed to a catchweight of 158 pounds as Gleison also came in a half pound over.
NatedawgThaM
3/31/09 8:35:35PM
Since he didn't make weight, I think the best thing to do is to challenge his cardio now. Now I definitely think Stephens will stay and his face, gas em, and then finish him. He can definitely take him on the feet and I think he could definitely out wrestle him, as long as he stays out of subs which I think he can for a round til he tires, I definitely believe Stephens stops him!
Mayhem13
3/31/09 11:35:27PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Since he didn't make weight, I think the best thing to do is to challenge his cardio now. Now I definitely think Stephens will stay and his face, gas em, and then finish him. He can definitely take him on the feet and I think he could definitely out wrestle him, as long as he stays out of subs which I think he can for a round til he tires, I definitely believe Stephens stops him!

Stephens came in more overweight then Tibau...so he may not have the cardio either if his cut was tough on him
kaskd
4/1/09 12:30:56AM
The not making weight shows how scared Stephens is about Tibau's size. Everyone knows Stephens is going to lose if this gets to the ground where Tibau is just too strong and too skilled. Stephens tried to come in big to help him cope, but it didn't work, luckily for him Tibau always has a hard time making weight as well.

Either way Stephens take down defense isn't good enough to beat Tibau. If Stephens can avoid a sub and drag it out to 3 rounds he might get a decision over a tired Tibau. But, I have it early sub, or easy UD for Tibau
Pookie
4/1/09 4:16:08AM

Posted by kaskd

The not making weight shows how scared Stephens is about Tibau's size. Everyone knows Stephens is going to lose if this gets to the ground where Tibau is just too strong and too skilled. Stephens tried to come in big to help him cope, but it didn't work, luckily for him Tibau always has a hard time making weight as well.

Either way Stephens take down defense isn't good enough to beat Tibau. If Stephens can avoid a sub and drag it out to 3 rounds he might get a decision over a tired Tibau. But, I have it early sub, or easy UD for Tibau

ssshhh dont tell the outsiders these things