Three New Fights Added to Sengoku's January Card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Three New Fights Added to Sengoku's January Card
MMAcca
12/19/08 12:18:57PM
Per Nightmare of Battle, three new fights were added today to the Sengoku No Ran 2009(or Sengoku: Rebellion 2009 in English if you like) event which is going to be held on January 4th, 2009 in the famous Saitama Super Arena in Japan. Of the three announced fights from today only one will be on the main card of the event and that is a fight between up start Muhammed ‘King Mo’ Lawal versus Yukiya Naito.

The other two fights announced today were a lightweight fight between Maximo Blanco and Seigo Inoue and a light heavyweight fight between Hidetada Irie and Minoru Kato. Both fights are going to be held on the under card portion of the event. Blanco will be making his Sengoku debut against Inoue, who fought almost a week ago, along with Naito, at DEEP 39. Both fighters were victorious in their last fights.

Card so far:

SENGOKU Lightweight Championship

* Takanori Gomi vs. Satoru Kitaoka

SENGOKU Middleweight Championship

* Kazuo Misaki vs. Jorge Santiago

* Hidehiko Yoshida vs. Sanae Kikuta
* King Mo vs. Yukiya Naito
* Hidetada Irie vs. Minoru Kato
* Antonio Silva vs. Yoshihiro "KISS" Nakao
* Dave Herman vs. Choi Mu Bae
* Eiji Mitsuoka vs. Sergey Golyaev
* Maximo Blanco vs. Seigo Inoue

LINK
pv3Hpv3p
12/19/08 2:08:56PM
I like watching Gomi fight as much as the next guy, but how he gets a title shot I'm not sure... NC or not, he lost to Diaz, then two umconvincing wins against mediocre opponents and a loss to a virtual unknown... Just makes you scratch your head a little...

I am really excited for the MW championship though.. Santiago's been steadily inproving and Misaki is one of the most "under-the-radar" MW out there... Should be a good fight.... Wanna see how PeeWee does too..

Shaping up to be a pretty solid card
loller90278
12/19/08 3:21:40PM
im excited to see king mo, he seems to be a prospect to loook for in the future
MikeyG
12/19/08 4:44:53PM
kitaoka will put gomi to sleep
misaki ko's santiago
herman and king mo get impressive wins

i like how this card is lookin up