THQ Announces Launch of UFC Undisputed Fight Nation Interactive Facebook Game

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » THQ Announces Launch of UFC Undisputed Fight Nation Interactive Facebook Game
grappler0000
2/3/11 1:19:22PM
THQ Inc. and Zuffa, LLC today announced the latest edition to the prominent UFC® UndisputedTM sports videogame franchise with the launch of UFC Undisputed Fight NationTM, the first official Facebook game based on the world's leading mixed martial arts (MMA) organization, the Ultimate Fighting Championship®.

The interactive experience, developed by Embassy Interactive and available on Facebook at apps.facebook.com/ufcfightnation, allows players to take control of their virtual UFC careers in a fun and engaging environment by training moves, competing against others and sharing their results on Facebook, as well as enabling them to successfully manage their progress for the opportunity to compete against many of the UFC's most renowned fighters.

"We understand the power of Facebook and this is a great way for fans to connect to the UFC."

"We are excited about the tremendous opportunities available in the social networking space to deliver key franchises to our core audiences in unique and compelling ways," said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. "UFC Undisputed Fight Nation delivers a great combination of gameplay, competitive spirit and replay value, making it the perfect fit for millions around the world to enjoy on Facebook."

Full Story
FastKnockout
2/3/11 1:51:43PM
I think they announced this a while back. lol
grappler0000
2/3/11 2:08:56PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I think they announced this a while back. lol

I believe anything previously would have been a beta release.
machodog76
2/3/11 3:39:41PM
I don't get it, is this going to be a click and wait for the page to refresh type of game like mobsters on myspace? Do you guys think it will take any skill?
grappler0000
2/3/11 3:53:15PM

Posted by machodog76

I don't get it, is this going to be a click and wait for the page to refresh type of game like mobsters on myspace? Do you guys think it will take any skill?

Strategy will be the skill...if you're expecting something similar to the 360/PS3 game, you'll be disappointed.
machodog76
2/3/11 5:19:55PM
No, I was just hoping for something better than most app "games" that are really nothing more than glorified Monopoly. If it takes some skill I'll probably get into it.
BlueSkiesBurn
2/3/11 6:23:59PM

Posted by machodog76

No, I was just hoping for something better than most app "games" that are really nothing more than glorified Monopoly. If it takes some skill I'll probably get into it.

You obviously are unaware of the skill and strategy involved in Monopoly. It's not just a roll the dice and buy game. Man, I used to own 4 or 5 books on Monopoly strategy when I was a kid. I could tell you the percentage of times that you're likely to land on a property and which properties would bankrupt your opponent quicker.

I laughed at the morons that wasted their money on Park Place & Boardwalk.
papercut
2/3/11 7:39:57PM
I started playing like a month ago. I wouldn't say its a game that takes skill I've just been mastering moves and making the games version of cash to unlock more camps and equipment. its really just a point and click game. and the moves you use in a "fight" are randomized so you don't know what you will get or when. its a good way to waste time if you need to but theres really no skill involved.
TeamDEY
2/3/11 9:18:53PM
I can't get it on my mac
emfleek
2/3/11 10:35:54PM
Awesome. Another annoying game/app to block.
machodog76
2/4/11 12:59:08AM
Who the hell finishes a game of monopoly? I'm sure there's strategy involved with buying the properties that people are more likely to land on and there's probably a formula for how many houses and hotels to build on a given property for the greatest chance of winning, but none of these things change the fact that the game is a long, boring battle of attrition. By the way I just played the game and it seems like basic resource allocation with really no play involved where the fights are concerned, so for now I must say but I'll play it a few more times before panning completely.
RhythmAndStyle
2/4/11 1:08:32AM
facebook already has a mma app calld mma pro fighter..n the sad part is that i'm pretty deep into it..lol..
machodog76
2/4/11 1:14:30AM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

facebook already has a mma app calld mma pro fighter..n the sad part is that i'm pretty deep into it..lol..

What do you think of it?