My thoughts on last nights episode

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » My thoughts on last nights episode
Sam_Rothstein
10/16/08 5:15:45PM
So I could not find the TUF 8 Discussion thread that we usually have, I see there is a discussion thread about rumored fighters that hasnt been touched in a month but it doesnt seem like anyone is discussing the actual show in there. So If I did post this in the wrong thread/section I apologize and don't mind it being moved.

What I say might sound ignorant or stupid but I feel I have to say it. If you feel the same way I do though post, or if you don't you can just tell me why im dumb or wrong but here I go.

Dana White and TUF 8 is driving me crazy. I know why Dana isn't kicking off Junie and I completely understand it but he does not need to make it so obvious!

Watching last night's episode seriously disappointed me. I mean after Junie Brown jumped over the fence Big Nog and his trainers had to stop Junie from attacking Efrain. While Dana White just looked like the host of reality show on VH1. "He's lucky keith kizer wasn't here". WHAT?!?!? Keith Kizer is running the shots now for the UFC? You just threatened to kick this guy off the show less than 24 hours ago and now he tries to attack a fight after he wins a fight for no obvious reason besides "his smirk". It wasn't like Tito Ortiz flipping off frank shamrock after he beat Guy Mezgar. All he did to piss Junie Brown off enough to make him do that was win and smile!

I mean I know you don't want to kick Junie off but can you at least attempt to yell at him? Then after Big Nog is desperately pleading with his own team and Mir's team to stop the house hold pranks dana says something to the extent of "Well Big Nog seems pretty worried about the household pranks, let's see if he can get em to stop! haha".

That is another thing that made me mad about this episode. Team Mir completely ignoring Big Nog when he was trying to ask them to stop with the pranks.

Im sorry but consider if fight bashing if you must, Most of these guys will not make it into the UFC after the house and even less will be UFC fighters 2 years from now. Pay a man Like Nogueira RESPECT when he talks to you. It's one thing for Mir to shrug him off, which I still found disrespectful but can understand simply for the fact that they are going to be fighting soon. It just makes me crazy to see these guys completely disrespect one of the best heavyweights in the world.

Okay well I got that off my chest, if you made it through this far you deserve a cookie. All I can offer is props though. Cheers
dannyfrank
10/16/08 5:32:01PM
as far as dana not kicking junie off, i agree with you. he should be gone, thats one too many incidents. the only reason i think dana is keeping him is in the hope that someone beats his ass instead of just letting him go. it honestly didn't bother me too much though seeing as (other than the cage jumping thing) junie didn't do anything wrong this episode. i don't know, maybe he's gonna lay off the alcohol and chill, but we'll see.

as far as the prank situation, it was pretty disrespectful for team mir to blow off nog like that, but come on. they're just pranks. no one was hurt or anything. granted, the itching powder did go a little too far. and that one guy pissing all over the other dude's bed was pretty f*cked up.
Poohbah
10/16/08 5:50:38PM
My wife watched that episode, and I was pretty embarrassed by it (being the MMA fan trying to get her interested). I don't think they are putting UFC and MMA in a positive light like how Dana White is usually preaching. TUF seems to be the exception to that rule.

And yes, the pissing was gross.
postman
10/16/08 6:07:52PM
He didn't say Keith would have kicked him off the show he said he would have revoked his license to fight in NV. If he dosn't have the license to fight then he can't be on the show. Now concidering he was already warned I do think Dana should have said something. As fart as Mir and his team not taking Nog seriously, well thats their mistake they will never gain anything by that but you never know if they had shown some respect it may have been good for them later in theie careers.
Sam_Rothstein
10/16/08 6:38:01PM

Posted by Poohbah

My wife watched that episode, and I was pretty embarrassed by it (being the MMA fan trying to get her interested). I don't think they are putting UFC and MMA in a positive light like how Dana White is usually preaching. TUF seems to be the exception to that rule.

And yes, the pissing was gross.

Posted by dannyfrank

as far as dana not kicking junie off, i agree with you. he should be gone, thats one too many incidents. the only reason i think dana is keeping him is in the hope that someone beats his ass instead of just letting him go. it honestly didn't bother me too much though seeing as (other than the cage jumping thing) junie didn't do anything wrong this episode. i don't know, maybe he's gonna lay off the alcohol and chill, but we'll see.

as far as the prank situation, it was pretty disrespectful for team mir to blow off nog like that, but come on. they're just pranks. no one was hurt or anything. granted, the itching powder did go a little too far. and that one guy pissing all over the other dude's bed was pretty f*cked up.

Posted by postman

He didn't say Keith would have kicked him off the show he said he would have revoked his license to fight in NV. If he dosn't have the license to fight then he can't be on the show. Now concidering he was already warned I do think Dana should have said something. As fart as Mir and his team not taking Nog seriously, well thats their mistake they will never gain anything by that but you never know if they had shown some respect it may have been good for them later in theie careers.

thanks for your guys comments, props to each of you. Glad to see I wasn't the only one a little upset/disappointed
jiujitsufreak74
10/16/08 6:46:11PM
well i don't know what it is with this season of TUF, but i absolutely love it. i haven't been this excited for a season of TUF since TUF 2. there are legitimate fighters, two amazing coaches and some fiery personalities that, while rubbing you the wrong way, provide a sense of entertainment. there is some intangible that separates this TUF with the other seasons of TUF because in the other seasons i hated when the fighters got crazy. but in this season i actually like it for some unknown reason. i can't put my finger on it...but i love it
the_01
10/16/08 7:25:19PM
To be honest, I agree with Sam. This show is suppose to concentrate on mma and its fighters, suddenly its an afternoon drama. The fighting got a small percentage of the show, whereas drinking, arguing, pranks and disrespectful acts get the most part. I find more mma in The Contender than TUF. Whats happening at the moment is appealing to those not very familiar with mma as a sport, those that watch the sport for the violence and action. Otherwise, its kind of frustrating for experience veiwers, which I guess are the minority. Just an Openion.
jiujitsufreak74
10/16/08 7:39:30PM

Posted by the_01

To be honest, I agree with Sam. This show is suppose to concentrate on mma and its fighters, suddenly its an afternoon drama. The fighting got a small percentage of the show, whereas drinking, arguing, pranks and disrespectful acts get the most part. I find more mma in The Contender than TUF. Whats happening at the moment is appealing to those not very familiar with mma as a sport, those that watch the sport for the violence and action. Otherwise, its kind of frustrating for experience veiwers, which I guess are the minority. Just an Openion.

i disagree. it is still a show which is supposed to produce entertainment. if i wanted to watch a bunch of guys train i would just go down to my gym..but i'm there too much as it is. i don't think it is fair to label everyone who finds the drama of this season appealing to be not very familiar with MMA because i for one am very familiar with MM, i am an experienced viewer, and find technique more gratifying to watch than the violence.
kaskd
10/16/08 7:52:28PM
What pissed me off is the guy who peed on Efrain's bed. That was totally uncalled for, and he obviously can't take a joke. When they were joking in the end about how he wouldn't make it to the finals he got all pissed off. Those are the types of guys I can't stand. I seriously hope someone beats him off the show, so he can stop thinking he's so much better than everyone else.

Also, Junie looks like he's going to get an easy win against his next opponent. I'm just waiting for one of the LHWs to get pissed off and break Junie already. I want Junie to punch someone, and a LHW claim self defense and slam him through the floor.

I love watching the show right now just because of the Nog team.
dannyfrank
10/16/08 7:58:32PM

Posted by kaskd

What pissed me off is the guy who peed on Efrain's bed. That was totally uncalled for, and he obviously can't take a joke. When they were joking in the end about how he wouldn't make it to the finals he got all pissed off. Those are the types of guys I can't stand. I seriously hope someone beats him off the show, so he can stop thinking he's so much better than everyone else.

Also, Junie looks like he's going to get an easy win against his next opponent. I'm just waiting for one of the LHWs to get pissed off and break Junie already. I want Junie to punch someone, and a LHW claim self defense and slam him through the floor.

I love watching the show right now just because of the Nog team.

not gonna happen. junie already punched bader right in the face and he didn't do anything. props for bader too. i definitely don't have that much self control
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/16/08 10:17:00PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well i don't know what it is with this season of TUF, but i absolutely love it. i haven't been this excited for a season of TUF since TUF 2. there are legitimate fighters, two amazing coaches and some fiery personalities that, while rubbing you the wrong way, provide a sense of entertainment. there is some intangible that separates this TUF with the other seasons of TUF because in the other seasons i hated when the fighters got crazy. but in this season i actually like it for some unknown reason. i can't put my finger on it...but i love it

I recall you saying you never saw season 2 in a marcus davis discussion when i brought up his loss on the show

I dont know how you wern't excited for season 5 , the best season other then the first one imo .

ts: i also was irritated at the lack of respect for the legend that is big nog
Matimus
10/16/08 10:39:24PM
TUF= WWE raw

I cant take TUF seriously anymore, its pretty much 2 or 3 serious fighters, and a bunch of ass clowns. These idiots are supposed to be professionals, or at the very least, they want to be, but every time I watch an episod, I feel like Im watching a bunch of 13 year olds screwing round at summer camp.
copcopps
10/16/08 11:03:28PM
Loved this season so far, but the guys are getting very unoriginal with pranks and Vinny's not that nice pissing in a bed.
jiujitsufreak74
10/16/08 11:13:26PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

I recall you saying you never saw season 2 in a marcus davis discussion when i brought up his loss on the show

I dont know how you wern't excited for season 5 , the best season other then the first one imo .

ts: i also was irritated at the lack of respect for the legend that is big nog

season 5 didn't do much for me as i didn't like the cast. as for season 2, i did see it, just not some of the beginning episodes so i missed Marcus. i started watching at episode 6 and was immediately hooked.
Kracker_Jap
10/16/08 11:41:34PM
Honestly I TiVo most of the last episodes and fast foward though all the drama and stop on the training scenes and the fight at the end

This year i am cheering on junie
Sam_Rothstein
10/17/08 5:18:07AM
Oh wow glad to see this thread got so many responses. I gave props to everyone that threw in their two cents except to jiujitsu freak because it said I had to spread the love. I guess I must of propped something you did recently? Anyway thanks for your thoughts about it. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who felt certain ways about certain stuff.
Pookie
10/17/08 7:00:38AM

Posted by kaskd
I seriously hope someone beats him off... the show

emfleek
10/17/08 9:50:42AM
I've already stated my dislike for Junie numerous times. That being said...I don't want to see him get the boot. In the end, these guys are on the show to fight and I'm on my couch to watch them fight. If there's a chance that Junie can get KTFO and I can be in front of my TV cheesin' when it happens, right on! I want to see that.

As for the whole disrespect thing in regards to Mir and Nog...remember, the producers let you see what they want you to see. They're grasping at straws to hype this fight up because both fighters ARE respectful and neither fighter talks trash about the other. Don't let them fool you into thinking Mir doesn't respect Nog. That's ridiculous.

Do you honestly think less of Mir now because he didn't say something to his guys about playing pranks on each other? What's he supposed to do? He's not their babysitter. In the end, THEY are the ones that are going to be affected. Not him.
GrizzlyChadams
10/17/08 2:33:52PM
Junie brings the entertainment value to this season, and thats exactly why he's still in the house. Like i've said before, he's one of the most memorable characters the show has had since Leben and for that reason, they'll do just about anything to keep him on the show.
Jackelope
10/17/08 3:57:02PM
I totally understand Junie being kept on the show for his entertainment value.

I'll tell you where I draw the line, though-

Junie busted a glass on a dude. He cut the guy. That guy's opportunity to fight and make a career in the UFC through TUF could have been GONE. There is absolutely NO way you could convince me to keep him in the house after pulling some crap like that. That is way over the line. Way, way, way over the line. He'd have been sent packing with a size 10 up his ass if I were Dana.

The pranks they are pulling and all of that are stupid. I know what it's like to be cooped up in a house full of a bunch of guys like that. I spent 15 months in Iraq in a room no bigger than your living room along with 30 other guys. No air conditioning, no showers, hardly any food and definitely no booze. Sleeping nut to butt... literally. I don't say that to talk up my experiences, but I say it to end this bullshit they spread around saying how "tough" it is to be in the house. We pranked each other, but the things you don't mess with are people's health and their sleep. We pulled a lot funnier pranks IMO without messing with that stuff. Putting itching powder in my bed would have pissed me off, and pissing on my pillow would have driven me over the edge. (where did they get the powder from, anyway??? Obviously the producers want them to have stuff like that for pranks)

They definitely disrespected Nog when he came to the house, but that's because most of them are obviously a little immature. Whatever the case... my main point is that Junie should have been kicked off when he threw a glass at the dude and you don't have to mess with people's health or sleep to be funny.

DevonFoxy
10/17/08 4:52:48PM

Posted by Jackelope

Junie busted a glass on a dude. He cut the guy. That guy's opportunity to fight and make a career in the UFC through TUF could have been GONE. There is absolutely NO way you could convince me to keep him in the house after pulling some crap like that. That is way over the line. Way, way, way over the line. He'd have been sent packing with a size 10 up his ass if I were Dana.

The pranks they are pulling and all of that are stupid. I know what it's like to be cooped up in a house full of a bunch of guys like that. I spent 15 months in Iraq in a room no bigger than your living room along with 30 other guys. No air conditioning, no showers, hardly any food and definitely no booze. Sleeping nut to butt... literally. I don't say that to talk up my experiences, but I say it to end this bullshit they spread around saying how "tough" it is to be in the house. We pranked each other, but the things you don't mess with are people's health and their sleep. We pulled a lot funnier pranks IMO without messing with that stuff. Putting itching powder in my bed would have pissed me off, and pissing on my pillow would have driven me over the edge. (where did they get the powder from, anyway??? Obviously the producers want them to have stuff like that for pranks)

They definitely disrespected Nog when he came to the house, but that's because most of them are obviously a little immature. Whatever the case... my main point is that Junie should have been kicked off when he threw a glass at the dude and you don't have to mess with people's health or sleep to be funny.

Exactly I mean Junie should have been booted for the lone reason he could have ened a person's experience on the show. You don't throw a glass at some one thats just stupid. If it catches him pretty anywhere it can end his show right there.

But then again I love Dana White and if he kept him on who am I to argue hes got millions i got jack crap.

Was i the only one who found Elliot Marshall to be incredibly disrespectful in this episode. I felt he was worse then Junie on this episode. The way he disresepcted Nog and then went on to jump the cage and talk crap to Bader who has been nothing but class this entire show. You would think getting back into the house would humble him but clearly not. Then the story in Bader's blog about him pleading with the Nog guys not to pick him because he was still bandged upfrom his first fight then they said he was suspended and couldnt fight. Then Elliot says that Team Nog is lucky they can't pick him!! Arrogant Prick alert. The dude is super talented and has everything going for him and its a shame he acted that way.
Sam_Rothstein
10/17/08 5:46:26PM

Posted by Jackelope

Well put man, well put!