Thoughts on The Natural and Fedor

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Thoughts on The Natural and Fedor
VanellaL47
4/12/07 2:54:30PM
What's everyone's thoughts on this possible match up. Will it ever happen?
BerndRealBad
4/12/07 3:17:56PM
I think it will. The one thing the Fertittas and Dana White are good about are giving the fans (or trying to) a chance to see dream matches, because most of the ones they want to see are the ones that fans would like to see also. I don't see it happening for a title, but rather an exhibition, or maybe Couture's 'last' professional match before he retires.
nubby
4/12/07 4:26:53PM
Fedor is bigger, stronger, faster, and more talented. He is the closest thing to invicible. But I would bet all of my cash on Captain America winning if they can get this fight going before Randy is 45. Somehow, he finds a way.
methodman_90
4/12/07 4:45:08PM
I would take Randy if it happened in the UFC octagon. Randy is so dangerous in the clinch and can use the cage as an advantage. It would be a mega fight but Fedor has to sign a contract to be under Zuffa management first before everyone gets excited
ncordless
4/12/07 5:03:20PM
The biggest obstacle to this fight is whether Zuffa will pay Fedor what he is gonna want. And who can blame Fedor? He almost universally known as the top fighter in the world.

If it happens, Fedor by TKO rnd 2
shawneth
4/12/07 5:09:33PM
I dont see it happening caz by the time they make a mega event, Cro Cop will have the title (IMO). Even if he doesnt have the title, Cro Cop vs Fedor 2 would be a wise choice as it would make a sh*tload of cash.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
4/12/07 5:12:12PM
Fedor would beat him probably really easily I would love to see them two fight.
If Mirko,Big Nog,Mark Hunt,and the list goes on couldnt beat him how is Randy gonna do it?

Fedor by 1st RD TKO
Northrend
4/12/07 5:19:11PM
Fedor would suprise Randy with his clinch game, get the Judo takedown and GnP him or just do what Chuck did and keep it standing for the KO.
keith-hackney1
4/12/07 5:32:26PM
I dont see it happening if crocop beats couture, like i have always said though, couture could take fedor down. His wrestling is second to none, and unlike coleman, randy would controll fedor better on the ground whilst always being aware of a submission attempt by the pride heavyweight champ. I do believe we will see my favourite Nogueira vs crocop 2, but this time in the octagon, and a possible fedor vs Nogueira 3 (or 4 if you count the nc).
I see couture going to fight in a heavyweight tournament in pride, amongst the likes of barnett, fujita, monsoon and a few other top heavyweights like these guys.
mrsmiley
4/12/07 6:13:59PM
I think Couture had definently got a shot at winning the fight but I would put it in favor of Fedor.
Spiderman
4/12/07 6:25:40PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

I dont see it happening if crocop beats couture, like i have always said though, couture could take fedor down. His wrestling is second to none, and unlike coleman, randy would controll fedor better on the ground whilst always being aware of a submission attempt by the pride heavyweight champ. I do believe we will see my favourite Nogueira vs crocop 2, but this time in the octagon, and a possible fedor vs Nogueira 3 (or 4 if you count the nc).
I see couture going to fight in a heavyweight tournament in pride, amongst the likes of barnett, fujita, monsoon and a few other top heavyweights like these guys.

Yup if Mirko gets past Gonzaga he should have no problem destroying Randy then If Nog gets a shot at Mirko I think Nog will win a 5 rd fight , then we see Nog vs Fedor again .
The_Metal_Maniac
4/12/07 6:28:23PM
The mystique around Fedor will dwindle whenever he loses to the Law.
Mastodon2
4/12/07 6:35:58PM

Posted by roncomanjason

Which wont happen.

Fedor is as close as we'll se to invincible for a long time. He would destroy Randy if they ever fought, but its unlikely they ever will.
The_Metal_Maniac
4/12/07 7:20:15PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by roncomanjason

Which wont happen.

Fedor is as close as we'll se to invincible for a long time. He would destroy Randy if they ever fought, but its unlikely they ever will.

Everyone has to lose, it's inevitable in a sport like this.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
liddel4prez
4/12/07 8:44:58PM
There is no way that anyone can say that fedor or cro cop will DESTROY randy. A lot of people said that Randy had no chance against Tim, and then Randy went out and destroyed him. Anyone that doesnt give Randy a chance against anyone is an idiot, he will come up with a gameplan for both cro cop and fedor, stick to it and give himself a chance to win, he may not win against those two fighters but he would not get destroyed.
Buddharox
4/12/07 9:23:20PM
Tim isn't Fedor or CC.
liddel4prez
4/12/07 9:37:53PM
so your saying that Randy is going to get destroyed if he fights cro cop or fedor????
I think Randy matches up very well with Cro Cop and i would give him a 50/50 shot of winning it. Its a matter of whether or not Cro Cop catches him or not.
roadking95th
4/13/07 1:09:08AM
Why would Fedor fight Randy? Isn't he too close to the upper level of HW's?
ncordless
4/13/07 1:37:09AM

Posted by roadking95th

Umm... not to be mean cause the girl in your pic is hot... but why would fedor have a problem fighting a slightly undersized heavyweight like randy if he's fighting Matt Lindland.
roadking95th
4/13/07 12:02:57PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by roadking95th

Umm... not to be mean cause the girl in your pic is hot... but why would fedor have a problem fighting a slightly undersized heavyweight like randy if he's fighting Matt Lindland.

True, true...might have to rethink that one.

Maybe Fedor will accept such a fight on that line of thinking, though Randy is much better than the Law is at HW.
cowcatcher
4/13/07 12:35:10PM
fedor isnt exactly a huge hw either, so i think he and randy will be about the same size going into a fight with each other. ill never bet against randy again, any fight hes in, he'll get no lower than a 40% chance to win in my book.
keith-hackney1
4/13/07 3:27:55PM
Randy is defenately capable of pulling off the upset.
Fedor is beatable, fujita rocked him, Nog took him the distance twice, hunt controlled him on the ground and a has been withering champion in mark coleman went nearly two rounds before walking into another arm bar. He wont get randy in an arm bar. CC on the other hand has been submitted by nog, k.o'd by randleman and out struck to a decision by hunt. Dont ever write couture off, its been said so many times. This guy studdies fighters like no other mma fighter. If he fought CC or Fedor the night he beat Sylvia he would of won, because he would of been ready and have a full stratigised attack ready for the fight. If i was CC or Fedor putting it all on the line against a champion in couture who despite the odds has come up trumps so many times when he has been dubbed too old or past it, i'd be scared. It should be on the other hand, although couture will still be the underdog. Thats probebly better as randy likes to be the underdog, and that way if he wins, it will be sweeter and more applausable to all haters who doubted him.
Fedor hasnt fought the best for my money, the likes of zulu, schilt, herring and goodridge arnt exactly top competion. On the other hand couture has fought rizzo twice, liddell twice, belfort once at his prime, silvia when holding the belt, ortiz when was in line for title shot, barnett and rodriguez when they were at their prime, then when retired fought brazils best grappler to a draw. And the funny part is at the age of 43 he looks to be in amazing shape !!!!
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/13/07 6:57:18PM
Randy is a phenominal greco roman wrestler and his striking against Tim was tight. IMO he could go the distance with fedor