Thoughts on IFL Battleground Last Night?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Thoughts on IFL Battleground Last Night?
Gogoplata
3/20/07 1:40:11PM
Anyone have any thoughts?

The one thing that stuck out to me was Horodecki falling through the ropes to get out of a guillotine that was cinched in about as tight as it could possibly have been. What a vagina. Had that been a cage, Horodecki passes out.

Nice to see Bas' crew give Miletich's boys their first IFL loss. Is it just me or are the Miletich guys a bunch of pricks? Not just the guys in the IFL, either. I'm talkin' Hughes, Sylvia, the whole gang.

Much better step up from last show, seeing as how they didn't advertise a call to 911 this time.
themmachamp
3/20/07 2:10:18PM
i thought it was great. I'm really glad that Kurt Otto came through and changed the focus of the show after so many people complained (his interview on mmaweekly).
I'll definitely be watching this show each week and i can't wait to start seeing Tiffany Fallon (former playmate of the year)
pv3Hpv3p
3/20/07 5:02:32PM
I thought it was better as well...

Horodecki falling inbetween the ropes was kinda wussy... But everytime I looked at it I was like "Hey man, quite beating up on that 19 year old..."

Whatever... I'll chalk it up to experience... Can you imagine if that kid keeps getting better and better, what he's going to be like when he's 25?
Gogoplata
3/20/07 9:17:39PM
I completely agree, Horodecki has tremendous, tremendous upside. Apparently Greg Tompkins, the new coach of the post-Bas Rutten Anacondas, has been working with Horodecki for a good while now. His first pro fight, according to Sherdog, took place when he was 17. That is just ridunkulous.
loller90278
3/21/07 1:28:07AM
i like the interview with palazecksi (wrong sp, i know) where he cried for 5 minutes and ending it with "im gonna beat the sh#t out of him next time"
migo
3/21/07 2:36:59AM

Posted by Gogoplata

I completely agree, Horodecki has tremendous, tremendous upside. Apparently Greg Tompkins, the new coach of the post-Bas Rutten Anacondas, has been working with Horodecki for a good while now. His first pro fight, according to Sherdog, took place when he was 17. That is just ridunkulous.

Shawn Tompkins, not Greg. The Greg is Greg Jackson.
Svartorm
3/21/07 4:53:02AM

Posted by Gogoplata

The one thing that stuck out to me was Horodecki falling through the ropes to get out of a guillotine that was cinched in about as tight as it could possibly have been. What a vagina. Had that been a cage, Horodecki passes out.

I actually thought they should have deducted a point for that at the least, because it was a blatant rope escape. Hel, most orgs will DQ you for doing it more than once, a-la Mark Kerr vs. Hugo Duarte.
themmachamp
3/21/07 10:15:21AM
i really want to see Bart P. fight Horodecki again at the end of the season grand prix
Gogoplata
3/21/07 1:19:37PM

Posted by migo

Posted by Gogoplata

Shawn Tompkins, not Greg. The Greg is Greg Jackson.

Thank you, sir.
Gogoplata
3/21/07 1:23:33PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Gogoplata

I actually thought they should have deducted a point for that at the least, because it was a blatant rope escape. Hel, most orgs will DQ you for doing it more than once, a-la Mark Kerr vs. Hugo Duarte.

I completely agree, sir. This isn't the first time that I have seen Horodecki use the ropes to his advantage either.

Another fight he had a guy in the corner, stepped back, used the ropes to gain balance and then delivered two knockout kicks to the guy's dome while holding the ropes. The ref did yell: "Get your hand off the ropes!" but it was too late, as the damage had already been done.

Oh well, he's young, a lot to learn obviously, just needs to get his attitude and ring etiquette in check.
pv3Hpv3p
3/21/07 2:05:27PM

Posted by Gogoplata

the only other fighter I can think of that has started that early was Joe Stevenson... I remember watching his KOTC fights when he was like 17 or 18... The only thing was that he was a GnP guy(or even LnP at that point in his career), where as Horodecki seems to be vert comfortable standing, and showed that he has decent TD's as well...

I think he will mature into a great fighter by the age of 22...
Svartorm
3/21/07 5:32:44PM
Yeah, I actually think Horodecki looks better at 19 than Stevenson did at that age.
Gogoplata
3/21/07 5:49:39PM
Karo Parisyan started at a very young age as well.
pv3Hpv3p
3/23/07 2:00:53PM

Posted by Svartorm

Yeah, I actually think Horodecki looks better at 19 than Stevenson did at that age.

I agree, but since Joe was basically a wrestler when he started and Chris is the standup type it's hard to tell... Horodecki is def the more exciting of the two...
pv3Hpv3p
3/23/07 2:02:33PM

Posted by Gogoplata

Karo Parisyan started at a very young age as well.

Good call, I remember Joe Rogan saying something like he was competeing against grown men in Judo comp's when he was in his early teens...

God that makes me feel old...