Thoughts on Big Ben Rothwell

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Thoughts on Big Ben Rothwell
gimmper
3/21/07 6:05:23PM
Ben Rothwell seems to be finding his calling...how do you see him matching up with Pride and UFC fighters?
Ydoc
3/21/07 6:45:29PM
Well, he's lost to Sylvia, Whitehead, and Christion, so I think he's exactly where he needs to be for now, big fish in a small pond. In the bigger two he'd be gatekeeper if he were lucky, but hopefully he is still improving. Maybe if he gets another match with Dan we could see where he's at right now in his fight career.
gimmper
3/21/07 10:05:51PM
True...but a 9 fight winning streak builds the self esteem...and his loss to sylvia was years ago by decision
madmarck
3/22/07 7:38:12AM

Posted by gimmper

True...but a 9 fight winning streak builds the self esteem...and his loss to sylvia was years ago by decision

Not to mention Sylvia is top fighter. Lost of top guys have lost to him. back in the day he beat Lamber, Whitehead, and Ben all at one event in 2 days.

Ben is right where he needs to be. constantly getting better and showing his stuff.
I think he would do good int he UFC/Pride but not great, yet. He is a big tough guy and he will improve enouhg to be top tier soon.
themmachamp
3/22/07 9:51:35AM
Sylvia was on roids back then anway....Rothwell keeps improving and would be a top ten heavyweight in the UFC
cant_hit_bombz
3/22/07 2:32:27PM
he sure looked out of shape in that last fight, kind of suprizing to me coming from MFS
pv3Hpv3p
3/23/07 1:52:11PM
He seems to be in that awkward spot where he is the top of the food chain in the IFL, but wouldn't be to effective against the world's 'A' level fighters...

If he keeps improving and adds some better cardio, he could make a name for himself in the bigger orgs...

I guess I haven't seen that much of him, anyone seen him on the ground? Off his back? Got any jits?