thoughts on the Anderson/Sonnen fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » thoughts on the Anderson/Sonnen fight?
« Previous Page
POLL: does this fight change how you see GSP vs Anderson would go down?
always thought and always will think Anderson would win 29% (15)
always thought and always will think GSP would win 25% (13)
I think GSP takes the fight now, if it ever goes down 33% (17)
other 12% (6)
mrsmiley
8/8/10 7:12:34PM

If i'm not mistaken PRIDE was the org with the 3 tap rule.
Or at least it was the rule when Saku fought Royce.

But back to the topic at hand, it diffenently does pose some interesting possiblities for Silva vs GSP or I dare even say Silva vs Shields.
warglory
8/8/10 7:18:37PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by MisterFreeze

Sonnen NEVER tapped!
Check the rules people. The official mma rules require MULTIPLE taps to submit.
This rule is in place to distinguish between a legitimate submission and accidental slaps of the hand (Which this clearly was.)
Sonnens hand brushed against Silvas thigh lightly, and only once, all while Sonnen was clearly defending against the submission attempt.
The trigger happy ref jumped the gun and now we have what we have.

But Sonnen is the champ in my eyes.

I'm sorry after watching the replay it looked like to me he tapped. But hey its your opinion.

And please don't start this. The fight is over. Anderson won. Sonnen isn't the champ.

Anderson won nothing about that fight. He got his ass beat for 4 complete rounds and then by a controversial fluke ending, he retained the belt. Sonnen is the champ in my eyes.

Sonnen clearly tapped, he didn't contest it at all. Sonnen isn't the champ, sorry.
jocksmall
8/10/10 5:03:06PM
i agree that the ref caused some confusion the way he stopped the fight. the triangle looked tight and chael tapped. dont know how many times and dont care he tapped because he couldnt breathe. anderson won no doubt about it. all of you anderson fans dont have to get defensive now but he was very lucky to win that fight. chael was tougher during the stand-up exchanges and knocked anderson down twice. He was able to take anderson down at will and keep him down. chael was very busy on the ground leaving no room for judgement on who was winning round after round. Even when anderson was able to take chael down chael quickly reversed to top position and again was busy. Chael was constantly trying to improve position and damage anderson. Anderson was very quick with the triangle extemely fast and i believe that chael had become too comfortable in the top position because he had spent so much time there. it was a great fight and since anderson is hurt i would like to see vitor fight chael and the winner fight anderson in the spring 2011.
Rush
8/16/10 5:29:41PM

Posted by mrsmiley

If i'm not mistaken PRIDE was the org with the 3 tap rule.
Or at least it was the rule when Saku fought Royce.

But back to the topic at hand, it diffenently does pose some interesting possiblities for Silva vs GSP or I dare even say Silva vs Shields.

Ncordless was correct. The three tap rule was in effect a while ago and that rule has been redefined. It used to be open hand 3-taps on body, but it isn't now (as stated above).

Pages: 1 [2]