Just a thought on diffrent style of ranking

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Just a thought on diffrent style of ranking
puppettamer
10/1/07 11:28:22PM
i dont liek number rankings cause no one can agree with it ever and i was woundering what i you just ranked fighters in divison instead heres a short version on the 205 ranking i quickly put togethr tell me what you think the idea is the higher ranked peopel will be a better solid bet if the fought other people and if in teh same rank its a tough call.

Divison 1
tier 1
Quinton jackson...wanderlei silva

tier 2
chuck liddell, shogun, dan henderson,

Divison 2
tier 1
Renato Sobral, Forrest Griffin, Ryoto Machida, Tito Ortiz

tier 2
Keith Jardine,Ricardo Arona,

Divison 3
tier 1
Sokojoujou, Rasad Evens

tier 2
jason lambert, dong sik yoon, melvin manhoef, overeem

well that was very rough but the tier 1's in each divison will be the ones who with a win or two more can bump up to the next division while tier two is either falling or being bumped up again. I dunno thought id share my idea of ranking without numbers. could add more but why waste time without seeing what peopel think. just a quick outline. trie to place them with the thought of talent and recent fights in mind but what you think!?

spikerman19
10/1/07 11:34:27PM
I would put Jardine in division 1
only because he did beat liddel and he could sho gun
puppettamer
10/1/07 11:42:55PM
yeah i was woundering how t put him but i dont belive he has what it takes to beat guys who dont want to stand with godo takedown i.e evens and tito i belive if he proves him self again i would rank him there its liek well i never ranked aleksander cause well id have to add another divison and would rank him with hammill and bisping cause there still unproven i belive
jgtribbett
10/2/07 8:45:15AM

Posted by puppettamer

yeah i was woundering how t put him but i dont belive he has what it takes to beat guys who dont want to stand with godo takedown i.e evens and tito i belive if he proves him self again i would rank him there its liek well i never ranked aleksander cause well id have to add another divison and would rank him with hammill and bisping cause there still unproven i belive

i like what you are doing but it would be too much for everyone else... everybody would bitch haha
HulkRage
10/2/07 10:22:19AM

Posted by spikerman19

I would put Jardine in division 1
only because he did beat liddel and he could sho gun

I really don't see Jardine beating Shogun.
I know Griffin beat Shogun and Jardine beat Griffin, bu t that was Shoguns first fight in the Octagon. I think his second match is going to be much differant than the first.
hathcock32
10/2/07 10:34:23AM
HUH??
Chuteboxer
10/2/07 11:18:50AM
This looks good to me...I don't know who needs to really be where...I thought you placed everyone pretty well..maybe Jardine should be higher, but at the same time I'm not sure about that..who knows. It looks good right now.
ButterBalls
10/2/07 7:44:36PM
this thread is giving me a headache....