What If Thompson Ruins The Party?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » What If Thompson Ruins The Party?
MMAcca
5/27/08 12:36:51AM
Listening to the Elite XC Kimbo-Thompson press conference, it was amusing to me how Thompson got like 2-3 questions and the rest of the time was Kimbo and Gary Shaw. Thompson is a complete afterthought in the promotion of this fight, but it sounds like he is taking it very seriously:

LINK
Mchubb316
5/27/08 12:39:13AM
I would like to see Thompson go in there and knock Kimbo out. I would be better yet if he shot in and took him down and submitted him, but I highly doubt that will happen. The only problem with Kimbo losing is Gary Shaw will then find guys with no serious threat to Kimbo just to get him more wins, and try to hype him back up.
bullettdodger
5/27/08 12:52:42AM
yeah well the media only cares about what they think the general populace cares about so they obviously get it wrong almost EVERY time... but ya know Thompson has been around i doubt the lack of media exposure is effecting him mentally, so i don't really see how it matters
hodge
5/27/08 11:03:47AM
Come on Thompson do us Brits proud and shut up Gray Shaw.
rabbit915
5/27/08 12:01:32PM
The previous post should have read:

Come on Thompson, do humanity proud and shut up Gary Shaw.
silverbullet
5/27/08 12:25:00PM
JT FTW
tylerlee123
5/27/08 12:32:40PM
I would cry for sure I love Thompson man he's hilarious, I hope he does so what he did to Alexander
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/08 12:59:47PM
i wouldnt mind if thompson beat kimbo, i mean im not picking thompson but still it would be nice to kill the hype of kimbo.
gartface
5/27/08 1:06:13PM
I dunno man, I'm just really hoping that Ferguson is the real deal. It's going to take a long time. Like I said before it's not his fault he got all this hype, he's a victim of others' expectations.
coldchillin
5/27/08 1:34:09PM
I hope Kimbo knocks Thompson's head off his shoulders.

jakeiceman
5/27/08 3:19:05PM

Posted by silverbullet

JT FTW

Ha ha good hell silverbullet, I have been wondering where you have been all this time, but you just have a new avatar! ha ha nothing like a dancing banana showing his advocacy for penis ha ha!
bls1919
5/27/08 4:58:09PM
If Thompson does beat Kimbo it will do more to hurt EXC, than Kimbo. EXC has put most of their eggs in Kimbo basket. Its only Fergusons 3rd fight and losing to JT in your 3rd MMA fight is not that huge of an upset. JT is a game fighter with good all around skills. i would like to see JT get Kimbo to the ground, just to get a look at how well "el guapo" has prepared him for that.
silverbullet
5/27/08 5:37:59PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Ha ha good hell silverbullet, I have been wondering where you have been all this time, but you just have a new avatar! ha ha nothing like a dancing banana showing his advocacy for penis ha ha!

heed my advice and make dumbass avatar bets
JimiMak
5/27/08 6:48:03PM
Can't wait! WAR mutha effin JT!!!!
jiujitsufreak74
5/27/08 7:02:54PM
This thread should be titled "WHEN Thompson Ruins the Party". can we honestly say that Kimbo has a chin? can we say he has a ground game? in all honesty we cannot say either way, and it is those uncertainties mixed with the experience of JT that makes me believe JT will win.
wrona666
5/27/08 7:42:04PM
Well for Thompson to ruin the party i think hes going to have to fill his chin with cement.
Raykill
5/27/08 8:35:35PM

Posted by wrona666

Well for Thompson to ruin the party i think hes going to have to fill his chin with cement.

I like JT, and I dont like Kimbo, but your right
McBee
5/27/08 11:31:25PM
whose party I think it is retarded, I hope Kimbo loses, every one needs a few, especially if they are over rated teach dumb promotions a lesson.
coldchillin
5/28/08 12:55:46AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

This thread should be titled "WHEN Thompson Ruins the Party". can we honestly say that Kimbo has a chin? can we say he has a ground game? in all honesty we cannot say either way, and it is those uncertainties mixed with the experience of JT that makes me believe JT will win.

I'm willing to do an avatar bet with you on this fight. Kimbo is not losing to James Thompson.
MMAcca
5/28/08 1:19:06AM

Posted by wrona666

...and not fall over on his way to the ring.......
jiujitsufreak74
5/28/08 2:18:31AM

Posted by coldchillin

I'm willing to do an avatar bet with you on this fight. Kimbo is not losing to James Thompson.

sorry man, can't risk the Aoki avatar...if i did lose then no one could fear the stretchy pants...
telnights
5/28/08 3:26:43AM
I really hope Kimbo does loss and I never wished anyone would loss. I really think he is a the wrong image we want people to see for MMA and Shaw is pretending he is the greatest things since Fedor. It bothered me even more when I went to blockbuster the other day and the guy next to me had a Tapout hat on and guy behind the counter asked him if he was MMA fan. He replied very much so. I kid you not he said have you seen that guy with those YouTube fights Kimbo he is going to own all the fighters at HW he has already beat 2 of the best they had to offer. So I stopped and said he hasn't fought anyone even ranked in the top 40 of MMA HWs. Its known he doesn't have a ground game and his chin is untested. My bet is there are a lot of people in lower weight classes that would not only beat him but destroy him so you can only image what a good HW MMA fighter would do. You shouldnt buy in to the BS Shaw is putting out there and do some research yourself before making others around you stupid of the truth. (let me say ahead of time I a bigger guy and a x-cop so I have this look about me) The guy looks at me and doesn't know what to say then out of no where he ask me if I didnt mind telling him who are the best fighters in MMA. I spent 30 mins explaining MMA, who is at the top, and why Kimbo and Shaw are bad for the sport to this guy in the front of blockbuster.

jiujitsufreak74
5/28/08 3:34:14AM

Posted by telnights

I really hope Kimbo does loss and I never wished anyone would loss. I really think he is a the wrong image we want people to see for MMA and Shaw is pretending he is the greatest things since Fedor. It bothered me even more when I went to blockbuster the other day and the guy next to me had a Tapout hat on and guy behind the counter asked him if he was MMA fan. He replied very much so. I kid you not he said have you seen that guy with those YouTube fights Kimbo he is going to own all the fighters at HW he has already beat 2 of the best they had to offer. So I stopped and said he hasn't fought anyone even ranked in the top 40 of MMA HWs. Its known he doesn't have a ground game and his chin is untested. My bet is there are a lot of people in lower weight classes that would not only beat him but destroy him so you can only image what a good HW MMA fighter would do. You shouldnt buy in to the BS Shaw is putting out there and do some research yourself before making others around you stupid of the truth. (let me say ahead of time I a bigger guy and a x-cop) The guy looks at me and doesn't know what to say then out of no where he ask me if I didnt mind telling him who are the best fighters in MMA. I spent 30 mins explaining MMA, who is at the top, and why Kimbo and Shaw are bad for the sport to this guy in the front of blockbuster.

1 person at a time telnights...we'll get them all eventually. i once stayed after school for 30 min to explain MMA to 3 teachers.
telnights
5/28/08 3:37:42AM

1 person at a time telnights...we'll get them all eventually. i once stayed after school for 30 min to explain MMA to 3 teachers.

LOL yeah it makes it really hard when you have people like Gary Shaw that have access to large number of people.
DonHagliatelli
5/28/08 4:45:05AM
JT is gonna kick his arse.

Bigstyle.
silverbullet
5/28/08 12:10:24PM

Posted by telnights

I really hope Kimbo does loss and I never wished anyone would loss. I really think he is a the wrong image we want people to see for MMA and Shaw is pretending he is the greatest things since Fedor. It bothered me even more when I went to blockbuster the other day and the guy next to me had a Tapout hat on and guy behind the counter asked him if he was MMA fan. He replied very much so. I kid you not he said have you seen that guy with those YouTube fights Kimbo he is going to own all the fighters at HW he has already beat 2 of the best they had to offer. So I stopped and said he hasn't fought anyone even ranked in the top 40 of MMA HWs. Its known he doesn't have a ground game and his chin is untested. My bet is there are a lot of people in lower weight classes that would not only beat him but destroy him so you can only image what a good HW MMA fighter would do. You shouldnt buy in to the BS Shaw is putting out there and do some research yourself before making others around you stupid of the truth. (let me say ahead of time I a bigger guy and a x-cop so I have this look about me) The guy looks at me and doesn't know what to say then out of no where he ask me if I didnt mind telling him who are the best fighters in MMA. I spent 30 mins explaining MMA, who is at the top, and why Kimbo and Shaw are bad for the sport to this guy in the front of blockbuster.

you speak the truth brotha
tibbs420
5/28/08 12:17:58PM
Is Everyone Ignoring The Fact Kimbos Train With Bas Rutton And Randy Coutoure....Whoever This JT Is...Better Get Kimbo Off His Feet Quick...Or Its Gonna Be A Quick Night For JT.... JT's seein stars via 1st round knock out
coldchillin
5/28/08 2:19:49PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by telnights

you speak the truth brotha