Thomas Denny speaks on the postponed GFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Thomas Denny speaks on the postponed GFC
ffforgottenx
2/21/07 9:23:16AM
link

thomas denny was supposed to fight nick diaz in the gracie fighting championships last month, but the event got cancelled at the last minute.. pretty good read.. not the best, but a good read.. i dont know if he was being serious in the beginning or not..

but one thing i got from this, is apparently erik apple signed a UFC contract.. thats good news.. its about time.. i mean.. the dude is a solid middleweight, trains with ruas vale tudo, and he is 9-0..
nate22
2/21/07 11:12:54AM
Erik Apple in UFC, although I wouldn't say about time, it's good to see him there, I would of thought he would of been a perfect candidate for the WEC, but meh, no complaints, nice to add even more depth to the MW division.
ffforgottenx
2/21/07 11:34:59AM

Posted by nate22

Erik Apple in UFC, although I wouldn't say about time, it's good to see him there, I would of thought he would of been a perfect candidate for the WEC, but meh, no complaints, nice to add even more depth to the MW division.

hm.. i didnt even think of that.. the WEC would seem like the better place for him to go and build his career up even more before stepping into the bigtime.. but no complaints here either.. i think he will be a solid ufc middleweight..

this could just be a rumor though, i dont know how credible thomas denny is.. but it wouldnt surprise me if he did sign
nate22
2/21/07 11:42:59AM
He is a great fighter, easy to market to people and has a record to go with it. He may actually be able to win a few fights when he first comes into the UFC and then there would be plenty of fights I would like to see in the run up to the title shots.

hippysmacker
2/21/07 11:12:58PM

Posted by nate22

He is a great fighter, easy to market to people and has a record to go with it. He may actually be able to win a few fights when he first comes into the UFC and then there would be plenty of fights I would like to see in the run up to the title shots.

I agree. Apple could pull a Mcdonald and win his first couple before he fought top competiton. He may even improved enough by the time he had to face a top guy to do something.
ffforgottenx
2/23/07 8:59:42AM
Erik Apple HL

random.. but heres a sweet HL i found of apple.. its of his first 7 fights in the total combat, gladiator challenge, and kotc events.. for those who havent seen or heard of him