Who thinks Tim Sylvia is gunna win?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who thinks Tim Sylvia is gunna win?
Next Page »
Taylor8766
7/12/08 10:25:32PM
Fo you think that Tim Sylvia has what it takes to beat Fedor, I personally think he's gunna beat him.
Twenty20Dollars
7/12/08 10:42:54PM
I do, I do. Im thinking by decision. Go Timmy!
The_Ho_Bag
7/12/08 10:52:15PM
idk i have fedor wining but i put lots of money on timmy, i dont like either of them but i think timmy could pull the upset
Naturaldisaster
7/12/08 10:53:58PM
I think Tim will win.
Scott_Revels
7/12/08 10:55:23PM
I don't think he'll win. I personally dislike Fedor with an undescribable passion, and hope Tim wins. I would be willing to sacrifice a win, just to see Fedor get taken down a notch. Let's go Timmy.
loller90278
7/12/08 11:14:04PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

I don't think he'll win. I personally dislike Fedor with an undescribable passion, and hope Tim wins. I would be willing to sacrifice a win, just to see Fedor get taken down a notch. Let's go Timmy.



can i ask why you dislike fedor so much ?
KYGUY07
7/12/08 11:21:52PM
definetely taking tim in this one
holt8081
7/12/08 11:26:00PM
tim by UD
jkdskinhead
7/12/08 11:29:00PM
Im pulling for Fedor, he is 100x the fighter Tim is... hes just better on so many levels. Tim.. I hate him.. hes boring and untalented.. and he will hold guys against the fence once he knows he won the round.

However, that being said.. I think Tim has a real chance at winning. Id say he has about a 60% chance of winning and Fedor only 40%. From what I seen with Hong Man Choi.. Fedor has some serious troubles with big dudes.. Fedor did put him away rather quickly.. but Choi is IMO one of the worste fighters ever to be allowed to fight professionally. Fedor tried to throw him and he ended up bringing a ton of bricks down on himself instead... he seemed over whelmed at times by the big man. If you put an experienced fighter like Tim in there things could go sour for the last emporer. Hes gonna have a very very hard time taking Tim down, and standing up he may find himself getting rocked like he did against Fujita. If Tim doesnt feel like fighting tho, Tim could very well pick his shots, get some points on the outside, then just drag the fight on for a decision. I think Fedors real chance is flurrying with his wild heavy hands, then grabbing a quick take down.. I think if Fedor can get Tim on his back with at least 45 seconds on the clock, the fight can be his.
RNC
7/12/08 11:41:50PM
If Fedor loses to Tim, he has no chance with Couture.
Boo_Radley21
7/12/08 11:48:25PM
I'm takin Tim fo sho.
backalley101
7/12/08 11:50:13PM
Fedor will sub him in the 2 round
jkdskinhead
7/12/08 11:50:34PM

Posted by RNC

If Fedor loses to Tim, he has no chance with Couture.



Now that is just silly and wrong.. thats a completely diffrent fight.. Fedor would destroy Randy.. Randy has never done that good in that devision despite being the "champion". Randy couldnt even beat Ricco.. now your giving him a win over Fedor?? Randy would move to 16-9, and make his horrible record even worse.
juanez13
7/12/08 11:59:43PM

Posted by jkdskinhead

Im pulling for Fedor, he is 100x the fighter Tim is... hes just better on so many levels. Tim.. I hate him.. hes boring and untalented.. and he will hold guys against the fence once he knows he won the round.

However, that being said.. I think Tim has a real chance at winning. Id say he has about a 60% chance of winning and Fedor only 40%. From what I seen with Hong Man Choi.. Fedor has some serious troubles with big dudes.. Fedor did put him away rather quickly.. but Choi is IMO one of the worste fighters ever to be allowed to fight professionally. Fedor tried to throw him and he ended up bringing a ton of bricks down on himself instead... he seemed over whelmed at times by the big man. If you put an experienced fighter like Tim in there things could go sour for the last emporer. Hes gonna have a very very hard time taking Tim down, and standing up he may find himself getting rocked like he did against Fujita. If Tim doesnt feel like fighting tho, Tim could very well pick his shots, get some points on the outside, then just drag the fight on for a decision. I think Fedors real chance is flurrying with his wild heavy hands, then grabbing a quick take down.. I think if Fedor can get Tim on his back with at least 45 seconds on the clock, the fight can be his.



wow dude you need to get your facts straighten up, Hong Man choi worst fighter ever?..just cus you've never seen him fight before doesnt mean he sucks, in K1 he has done well, and even defeated semmy schilt, which not many people can say that fight now. Also, there is no comparison between Choi and Sylvia, Choi is 350lbs while Tim is 265lbs, BIG weight + height difference (choi is like a bigger version of sylvia, standing wise, but with much better standup), which makes it all that much harder to take him down. If you want to compare Fedor's past opponents to Sylvia, Semmy Schilt its the closest, which fedor took down, mounted and beat on from 3 rounds.

I do think Sylvia has a reasonable chance of pulling the upset , but the comments you made to back up for opinion have no truth behind them.

the ways most likely ways i see Sylvia winning this fight are by a cut, or by decision. But still taking Fedor to win.
murphy_16
7/13/08 12:02:00AM
i hate em both
ncordless
7/13/08 12:06:25AM
I dunna think he will win
seanfu
7/13/08 12:09:40AM
I say this with pure confidence, and about as much respect as I can even though I say this, TIMMY HAS NO SHOT IN HELL. Why? He's really not even a great striker. Good, yes, one of the best at (lol) heavyweight, yes. Why does Tim win? size. His style is also made much more for cagefighting. I think there is a very real possibility Fedor beats him standing before he initiates armabar lol.
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 12:24:09AM

Posted by juanez13

wow dude you need to get your facts straighten up, Hong Man choi worst fighter ever?..just cus you've never seen him fight before doesnt mean he sucks, in K1 he has done well, and even defeated semmy schilt, which not many people can say that fight now. Also, there is no comparison between Choi and Sylvia, Choi is 350lbs while Tim is 265lbs, BIG weight + height difference (choi is like a bigger version of sylvia, standing wise, but with much better standup), which makes it all that much harder to take him down. If you want to compare Fedor's past opponents to Sylvia, Semmy Schilt its the closest, which fedor took down, mounted and beat on from 3 rounds.

I do think Sylvia has a reasonable chance of pulling the upset , but the comments you made to back up for opinion have no truth behind them.

the ways most likely ways i see Sylvia winning this fight are by a cut, or by decision. But still taking Fedor to win.



I have seen alot of Choi fights.. they are mostly all spectacle fights like, godzilla vs mothra. The dude throws sloppy, extremely slow punches.. they are however hard as hell and could knock anyone out. Hong could beat a ton of great heavyweights.. but its not cause hes a great fighter.. its because hes a giant, and a powerhouse. Dont jump to conclusion and start lieing, you dont know anything about me or what fights ive seen. This is why they need to have a superheavyweight division. Tim is a huge guy.. tho not nearly as big as Choi.. I was jsut saying Fedor would have trouble with big guys. Theres no "facts" I got wrong here.. mostly because i wasnt listing a set of facts.. but other then that.. Tim is a huge guy Choi is bigger but also huge.. so nothing wrong with what I said.. If you think Choi is a grat fighter thats obviously an opinoin.. anyone could watch his tapes an laugh for hours.. Even english fight commentators make fun of the bouts hes been in.

I suppose Bob Sapp is good too, because he took Jerome LeBanner to a draw?

Speaking of Sapp did you see the Choi fight.. yea that showed how skilled Choi is.. half of the fight was them huffing and puffing around the ring.. the other half was them standing face to face flat footed, waving their arms at each other like they were trying to swim or something. Punching doesnt involve raising your arms up and down in a verticle motion.. sorry Choi.
Boo_Radley21
7/13/08 12:29:00AM
I'm goin Tim all the way.
SpiderSilva
7/13/08 12:38:49AM
well I could see Tim rock Fedor like Fujita did he does have good stand up but it still seems Fedor suprizes fighters with his explosive stand up I don't know if Fedor can take Tim down that big guy has pretty good takedown defense right now I see Tim losing by a dumb mistake like vs Big Nog Tim has it in him to win with his KO power DO NOT FORGET THE FUJITA FIGHT FEDOR WAS OUT ON HIS FEET Tim can KO well the old Tim could and I think he seems hungry enough Im going with Fedor but the Money is on Tim
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 12:46:58AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

well I could see Tim rock Fedor like Fujita did he does have good stand up but it still seems Fedor suprizes fighters with his explosive stand up I don't know if Fedor can take Tim down that big guy has pretty good takedown defense right now I see Tim losing by a dumb mistake like vs Big Nog Tim has it in him to win with his KO power DO NOT FORGET THE FUJITA FIGHT FEDOR WAS OUT ON HIS FEET Tim can KO well the old Tim could and I think he seems hungry enough Im going with Fedor but the Money is on Tim



Exactly.. Tim is a faster puncher than Fujita, and he puts punches together alot better.. their powere is probly around the same level.. Tim can knock Fedor out.. it may be hard but he certainly has the skills.
Ordep
7/13/08 9:42:32AM
since they announce this match I had the vision.... Fedor wins, UD or Sub by using his speed.

Overhead right, while Tim is "evading" the strike Fedor is already inside taking him down, once on the floor, working til' the end or the round or submission.

Yep, about the same thing Randy did, but for Fedor should be easier since he's faster.
Purge
7/13/08 1:08:17PM
I think Fedor will win, I HOPE Sylvia win's, because then the HW division will become interesting again and Fedor won't be able to charge people 2 mill a fight.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/13/08 1:29:15PM
i got Timmay
JimiMak
7/13/08 2:11:10PM
I love underdogs and won't be surprised no matter how this turns out. I will pick Fedor and prob'ly bet on Tim.
masodd
7/13/08 2:23:11PM
Big tim by decision
Pookie
7/13/08 2:54:54PM

Posted by jkdskinhead

From what I seen with Hong Man Choi.. Fedor has some serious troubles with big dudes.. Fedor did put him away rather quickly.. but Choi is IMO one of the worste fighters ever to be allowed to fight professionally.



You do know that Hong Man CHoi was k-1 champ right?
iwannabesedated
7/13/08 3:07:14PM

Posted by Pookie


Posted by jkdskinhead

From what I seen with Hong Man Choi.. Fedor has some serious troubles with big dudes.. Fedor did put him away rather quickly.. but Choi is IMO one of the worste fighters ever to be allowed to fight professionally.



You do know that Hong Man CHoi was k-1 champ right?



Yeah but but being a champ in K-1 doesnt make you a legit MMA fighter IMO.YOu need to win MMA fights before i consider someone legit...I mean seriously you have to Bring up that this Choi was a legit fight for Fedor because of his K1 Credentials....Maybe if Brock Lesnar or Kimbo beat Choi it would be legit for them but for Fedor he was pretty much a can that he knew he would armbar just like most people.
DevonFoxy
7/13/08 3:09:13PM

Posted by Pookie


Posted by jkdskinhead

From what I seen with Hong Man Choi.. Fedor has some serious troubles with big dudes.. Fedor did put him away rather quickly.. but Choi is IMO one of the worste fighters ever to be allowed to fight professionally.



You do know that Hong Man CHoi was k-1 champ right?



No he's just a "freak" and thats all Fedor fights

I honestly hope Fedor destroys Tim and then we can see all the people saying Fedor has fought no competition change to say "Fedor is P4P the best fighter ever!!!!!!" I just want all the talk to stop and them to fight so we can put this behind us.
Pookie
7/13/08 3:14:03PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom


Posted by Pookie


Posted by jkdskinhead

From what I seen with Hong Man Choi.. Fedor has some serious troubles with big dudes.. Fedor did put him away rather quickly.. but Choi is IMO one of the worste fighters ever to be allowed to fight professionally.



You do know that Hong Man CHoi was k-1 champ right?



Yeah but but being a champ in K-1 doesnt make you a legit MMA fighter IMO.YOu need to win MMA fights before i consider someone legit...I mean seriously you have to Bring up that this Choi was a legit fight for Fedor because of his K1 Credentials....Maybe if Brock Lesnar or Kimbo beat Choi it would be legit for them but for Fedor he was pretty much a can that he knew he would armbar just like most people.



It was just in responce to him being one of the worst fighters to ever be allowed to fight.

As far as completely one dimensional opponents go... he is one of the toughest fights out there for any heavyweight.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Related Topics