Who thinks Cro Cop should go to light heavie?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who thinks Cro Cop should go to light heavie?
clintjack
9/14/07 10:27:16PM
In the Heavy weight division he's considered small. If he was to drop down I think he would be dominant once again!
nubby
9/14/07 10:34:09PM
Would he really be able to cut that much weight and still maintain effective striking? I think if anything LHW would give him more trouble as you will find more wrestlers and ground game experts, where CC is more likely to lose.
clintjack
9/14/07 10:37:17PM
I don't think it would be very hard, he fights at what... like 230? He should go to Coutures camp and learn to cut weight with him.
loonytnt
9/14/07 11:01:48PM
he can make the weight, i would like to see him try to fight at that weight to see what he can do
DJDark41
9/14/07 11:40:46PM
I think if CroCop moved down to LHW, he would be sort of like Chuck Liddell. They would keep giving him top grapplers in the division to try and pad his wins stats and make him seem like the best in the world, then fight for the belt against a decent striker and (maybe) lose.
Lay_N_Pray
9/15/07 12:37:20AM
Absolutely not...no way. There is no need for Cro Cop to move divisions, he didnt have to in Pride and just cause he has lost two in a row, it does not make it necessary to make that move in UFC.

Cro Cop really has nothing left to prove in my eyes...I dont know if his heart is in it and honestly I really dont think the UFC was something he ever thought he would have to do. The guy loved fighting in Pride and I think he needs that fight against Fedor, Nog, or Couture to get his heart back in it...Kongo, Sanchez, and Gonzaga were probably aftertoughts when he walked in the cage and he paid for that mistake.

So going to 205 wont solve the problem...getting a marquee fight would solve his problem i think...unfortunately he does not deserve that match up right now...everyone else has to work for it, and you cant make an exception.
Twenty20Dollars
9/15/07 8:59:34AM
Hes about 220, and with like 1 fight left on his contract cro cop was already talking about retiring awhile back after this contract was up, so no point in dropping for his last fight. Too old to cut weight most likely.
HulkRage
9/15/07 10:36:42AM
I would love to see CC in the LHW division, just to see what he can do, it could not hurt at this point in the game.
I belive he still has three fights on his contract left.
texuspete00
9/15/07 12:17:23PM
He has too much pride for that. He wanted to be the best HW. I see him retiring before he would.
johny_rotten
9/15/07 12:35:27PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Hes about 220, and with like 1 fight left on his contract cro cop was already talking about retiring awhile back after this contract was up, so no point in dropping for his last fight. Too old to cut weight most likely.

Wasn't it said that Cro Cop signed a 6 fight deal not a 4 fight deal? 205 is where he needs to be. I have always thought that. Between 220-225 is the biggest he has ever been in a fight. His last fight against Wand he weighed less than Silva. The size affects him so much because he strikes from the out side not in the pocket. He could never get in range with Kongo because of the reach advantage. I hope Cro Cop moves down to LHW. If he doesn't expect him to retire.
cmill21
9/15/07 2:31:17PM
He'll never move down. He's beaten giant HW's, his size is not the problem with how he's fighting. If he wants to continue to fight he will at HW, if he doesn't he will retire. Fighting is his second career and he does it for the glory and competition, not much glory in beating the B fighters he's seen in the UFC thus far, he doesn't seem like he's got any motivation.
DJDark41
9/15/07 2:36:48PM

Posted by cmill21

He'll never move down. He's beaten giant HW's, his size is not the problem with how he's fighting. If he wants to continue to fight he will at HW, if he doesn't he will retire. Fighting is his second career and he does it for the glory and competition, not much glory in beating the B fighters he's seen in the UFC thus far, he doesn't seem like he's got any motivation.

True. I'm sure if Fedor signs in the UFC, CroCop is gonna get a huge kick in the ass, start training hard and hope to get a rematch with Fedor before he retires. Fedor vs CroCop in a cage=interesting.
cmill21
9/15/07 4:13:20PM
Ummmm yeah? I just know Mirko wants to fight fedor more then any fighters ever wanted to fight anyone. He like most others see's fedor as the best ever, and figures if he beats him he'll be the best ever, everything he's ever wanted. To him the UFC without fedor is just a pay check. I don't know why he see's everything the way he does but beating fedor is #1 to him. Thats acctually why he left pride, they kept putting off him and fedor #2.
Kastro
9/15/07 4:13:42PM

Posted by cmill21

Well said... hopefully CC can rebound from these back to back losses and show the casual UFC fan what he is really made out of.
pschott44
9/15/07 4:14:31PM
I think it's the only way for him to win meaningful fights...I can't think of one top10 HW he could beat right now. In LHW I think he could be very good,
cmill21
9/15/07 4:18:11PM

Posted by pschott44

I think it's the only way for him to win meaningful fights...I can't think of one top10 HW he could beat right now. In LHW I think he could be very good,

Well it really depends, if he's motivated he can beat any top 10 HW. If he's not he can't beat any top 10 LHW. Point is doesn't matter where he fights, if he doesn't want it he's not winning. If he's in there to fight he'll most likely win. He will not go to LHW, he has said he won't cut weight and he likes not worrying about what he eats and can focus on training not making 205.
kevinmitchell300
9/15/07 5:44:11PM
Cro cop is a natural light heavy I think and would suit his striking style alot better. I honestly don't know why he fights at heavy weight but after two losses in the UFC he needs to do something drastic or be casted into obscurity because the heavy weight division is starting to become thick and rich and if you're not winning in that division right now you're dying.
postman
9/15/07 5:56:52PM
If he would have came out like a ball of fire and got the KO on Kongo then he probley would have got Randy or at least the winner of Randy and Big Nog. By then Fedor would have signed and he could have been the champ defending his belt aginst Fedor. That of course is saying he won the title. But he came out flat, at first he was stalking and looking good but the shot to the groin was the turnig point. Goldberg was on the Bubba the love sponge show and he said Cro Cop told big John he was "getting too old for this shit". I don't think he wants to fight anyone any more. Its sad its going to end this way . Maybe they will sign Fedor and give him Cro Cop as Fedors first and Cro Cops last in the UFC.
cmill21
9/15/07 6:27:32PM

Posted by kevinmitchell300

Cro cop is a natural light heavy I think and would suit his striking style alot better. I honestly don't know why he fights at heavy weight but after two losses in the UFC he needs to do something drastic or be casted into obscurity because the heavy weight division is starting to become thick and rich and if you're not winning in that division right now you're dying.

When you dominate a div for years the problem doesn't suddenly become the div. He's beat bigger and better opponenets then both gg and kongo, problems not anything to do with the div.
NatedawgThaM
9/15/07 7:15:31PM
He could make it but it would be a bad move. He could knock out mostly everybody except Rampage & Shogun. I could see him stopping everybody else except maybe Nakamura & Machida but Rampage would brawl and get in close and would wrestle and slam him and probably stop him. Shogun would rebreak his ribs and stop him too...

I say stick to HW and be the gate keeper for the next 3 or 4 fights yuo have left and get your convidence back by beating no names and then your last match go out with a bang against Mark Hunt. But it would be hard to give him no names sinc ethe division is so stacked but it would also be difficult to put him against someone good because if he loses again it could tarnish his legacy and plus im pretty sure Dana White does not trust him yet with anybody good...
loonytnt
9/15/07 11:39:35PM
i like watchin CC fight and he did good his first fight, do you think because he fought in the UK it was a lil different for him because his last two loses where in the UK, maybe if he fought in USA it be a lil different? just a thought because im not sure why CCcomes into the fight looking like he doesnt wanna be there. not sure if i said that right..
cmill21
9/16/07 2:54:38AM
No he's said he doesn't like fighting in the US, the crowd bothers him, doesn't like when they boo. The problems just that he doesn't know if he wants to fight anymore.
matthughes23
9/16/07 3:51:50AM
Maybe he can, but if he keeps putting on performances like the 1 he put on against kongo, he is a gonner
HulkRage
9/16/07 8:57:18PM
IMO he would have a better time.
jocksmall
9/16/07 9:57:03PM
this exact thread is on this same page y start a new one?