Thinking about going to a UFC event-92 or 94?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Thinking about going to a UFC event-92 or 94?
POLL: Which UFC more worth/want to go to?
UFC 92 73% (16)
UFC 94 27% (6)
JackHammerXXX
10/8/08 6:40:22PM
I've never been to a UFC event before. I started considering making the trip when I first heard of the Randy/Brock UFC in Nov., especially when originally it was set with the Rampage/Silva fight as well. Now, that that was moved to UFC 92, that makes it the frontrunner. But then it was only Mir/Nog, Silva/Jackson 3...then they rumored it for 94, along with the Penn/St.Pierre, and that would've been ideal. SuperBowl weekend, watch and bet on the UFC, then wake up and stay to watch, and bet on the SupereBowl!!! Plus they added the Thiago/Lyoto fight!!!! Oh, now it's 92 with the Silva/Jackson fight, and they added Griffin/Evans which does change it alot....
UFC 92-Mir/Nog, Griffin/Evans, JACKSON/SILVA 3!!!!!!, New Year's Weekend
UFC 94-Penn/St.Pierre, Silva/Machida, SuperBowl
Give me your thoughts, both in Vegas, only a month separates them. Christmas will make 92 a squeeze, and 94 is around tax time!!! Never been to one, and want a bang for my buck, but who am I kidding, this will prolly start a binge where I want to go to every UFC!!!
Jackelope
10/8/08 6:44:32PM
92 sounds like a better bet to me. You know Jackson vs. Silva will have some fireworks, and with Mir vs. Nog you'll get to see some top level jits. Add on to that Griffin vs. Evans and you'll likely see some good fights since Griffin always brings it.
Nitrus
10/8/08 7:08:03PM
Win a prize in some gamble, and go both!

If you don't do that, i think you should go UFC92, maybe you can have some money till UFC94, never know
Naturaldisaster
10/8/08 7:14:41PM
definitly 92! its stacked and is gonna be great. their havent been any fights announced for 94 yet, so id say 92 is the best bet for you right now. plus its only like 3 months away
Ordep
10/8/08 7:39:25PM
Taken from your profile, your Fav Fighters....

#1 Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva
#2 Anderson "The Spider" Silva
#3 Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
#4 Fedor Emelianenko
#5 Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
#6 BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
#7 Nick "Diablo" Diaz
#8 Thiago Silva
#9 Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
#10 Jon Fitch

Your #1 and #5 will fight at 92
and #6 and #8 at 94

In that sense 92 is the event for you, however there could be other good matches announced later for 94.

I already started a bank account for my 2nd live event (1st was 88) and I wanted it to be Silva Vs Henderson 2 (2009? 2010?) but now Hendo's back at 205 so hopefully is just for the Franklin fight
JackHammerXXX
10/8/08 8:02:36PM
you mean Hendo vs. Silva 3?! Silva took that first fight, so he didn't just get KTFO by Danny. Both fights Hendo was rocked, the second fight Wandy claimed he had the flu, so....The third fight will be just as exciting, I'm sure of it.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/8/08 10:14:33PM
im curious how come you didnt go to UFN in omaha ?
Ordep
10/8/08 11:22:11PM

Posted by JackHammerXXX you mean Hendo vs. Silva 3?! Silva took that first fight, so he didn't just get KTFO by Danny. Both fights Hendo was rocked, the second fight Wandy claimed he had the flu, so....The third fight will be just as exciting, I'm sure of it.
I mean Anderson
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/9/08 1:58:33AM

Posted by JackHammerXXX

Never been to one, and want a bang for my buck, but who am I kidding, this will prolly start a binge where I want to go to every UFC!!!

You have no idea. I went to UFC 84 and will probably be going to 92. I say go with 92 because your fav. fighter is fighting. I'm telling you if I was rich I would go to all of them and just be a UFC groupie .
ChokeUout
10/9/08 3:47:52AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by JackHammerXXX

Never been to one, and want a bang for my buck, but who am I kidding, this will prolly start a binge where I want to go to every UFC!!!

You have no idea. I went to UFC 84 and will probably be going to 92. I say go with 92 because your fav. fighter is fighting. I'm telling you if I was rich I would go to all of them and just be a UFC groupie .

Yeah, this guy hit the nail right on the head...

I went to UFC 68 because at 700 mile away, it was the closest it got to wisconsin, and by the time I made it to UFC 87 too much time went by. Being there REALLY adds a new element to it, and whichever one you choose,you'll be happy with the expierience.

As of now 92 looks like the better bet, but I wouldn't be surprized if hughes/serra got added to the super bowl card, not to mention the possibilities of other fights. FInd out as much as you can about UFC 94 before tickets become available for 92, and you should have a decent idea to go from. BUT 82 looks hard to pass up, so if 94 doesn't grab you, 92 will still be awesome.

Either that or win the lottery and go to all of them like I would
JackHammerXXX
10/9/08 5:08:02PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

im curious how come you didnt go to UFN14 in omaha ?

Great question!!!
To be honest, I put it off at first, In my mind, I knew I HAD to go. The tickets were expensive for the floor, and in the auditorium it was at, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th set of tickets were all pretty much the same view. The tickets went fast for all the floor, and 2nd 3rd, so when my money was lookin alright, only crap seats were left. OKAY....so why didn't I still go just to be live in person? I dont know, I'm F#$%%# stupid!
Also, week up to the fights, my girl asked if I wanted to go, and of course I had to tell the dumb B#$$% that, Yeah, duh I wanna go to the UFC!!!!, Anyways, I'm stubborn, hard headed, whatever, I just don't like asking someone to do something for me, especially when they insist they will, or are going to do it. I didn't say anything, until the night of the fights, she said "you didn't seem excited about going, so I didn't think you wanted to" Are you Kidding ME!!!???
the night of the fights, my buddy called me about tickets, it was too late, and he offered to give me VIP at the after party, but I didn't feel like rubbin elbows with anyone, I love MMA, but unless it's Wandy or something, I'm not jockin or being a groupie to these guys, ya know. All respects....

All in all, bills, my family, etc. Priorities really is what it was my friend, plus the fact that it was on t.v. comforted me alittle bit.
prozacnation1978
10/11/08 11:34:20AM
i am going alone to ufc 92

i shelled out 2 grand in aug
bought flight tickets to chicago and vegas in dec
bought hotels as well as rental cars
bought my ufc ticket in chicago am two rows up from the floor
and just waiting to buy my ticket to vegas one

i try to go 3 times a year
last year i only went twice
anaheim which is only 120 miles away and went to vegas in dec
i went to the rampage vs griffin fight already so chicago and vegas is the second and third. that would be 5 live events for me.
i am already planning going in the spring, summer when it goes to vegas then dec next year in vegas and if it goes to la again next year which i would be shocked if it doesn't might just be a 4th event

all i can say is go,, live events are so much fun to go, i think every mma fan or ufc fan should go to at least one and i am not talking fight nights or tuf finales.
start saving up if money is a factor than go in jan st pierre vs penn
and even possible the serra vs hughes added with silva vs machida is worth another month's wait