Things you did when you were younger that you're embarrassed to admit.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Things you did when you were younger that you're embarrassed to admit.
Next Page »
emfleek
10/12/11 12:56:11PM
Go!

I used to be a HUUUUUUUUUGE pro wrestling fan. So much, in fact, that I decided to venture into the world of "e-feds". If you don't know what it is, I'll just say that it's basically the pro wrestling equivalent of Dungeons and Dragons. You "create" a wrestler (it was all text-based) and then you submit roleplays to the e-fed owner (fake "interviews") who would then A.) use a simulator to decide who won or B.) use his own judgement and decide who won based on things such as the quality of the roleplay, how often you roleplay, storylines, etc. My buddy and I did this for a few years from the time we were about 15 until we were 17 or 18. It was around that time that I stopped watching wrestling. Looking back, it was lame as can be but it did provide a creative outlet to...nevermind. There's no justification for it. I need to go shoot a gun or fix a car or something now.

EDIT: Oh, God...I just found it and I was older than what I thought when I was still playing.

LINK

cowcatcher
10/12/11 1:14:48PM
Does crossing streams with your cousin while you pee when you are 6 or 7 qualify? It was called a lightsaber fight in those days.

I played a little D&D way back when too, some Magic the Gathering as well.

Duran Duran was my favorite group as a kid in the early-mid 80's.

Got caught peeking into my buddy's sister's room a couple times when she was changing to get into the pool.

During swimming in gym class in middle school we would do the occasional backstroke race into whatever girls weren't having their Aunt Flo for a visit and once in awhile I grabbed a bouy.
cowcatcher
10/12/11 1:16:02PM
We may learn a little more than we want to about each other here...
gartface
10/12/11 1:17:11PM
Yikes. I never got into text-based RPGs. It wasn't because it was too dorky or anything, but because I was just too lazy to read and use my imagination.

My birthday in 7th grade, my parents got me a Gameboy Pocket and Pokemon Blue. I'm not embarrassed at all to admit that I was addicted to that because I still play the new games they come out with. Aside from all the kiddy bullshit in them, they're still pretty awesome RPGs.

The thing that I'm embarrassed about is that a few months later, when everyone was all about the Pokemon cards, I used to make fun of them for it because it wasn't anything like the video game. I used to say "I'd never play with those, or collect them, or whatever." Low and behold, a few months later, a friend gave me a couple free cards and that's all it took. I was addicted for a while. I'd spend all the money I got, which wasn't much at that age, on packs of cards. I remember having my best friend come over, we'd set up a blanket on the floor in the living room and battle all day. I had all the most valuable cards, and held on to them like a stock broker who just doesn't know when to sell. I was like "man this is worth $100 now!? Imagine what it'll be worth in a few years!"....
gartface
10/12/11 1:19:37PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Does crossing streams with your cousin while you pee when you are 6 or 7 qualify? It was called a lightsaber fight in those days.

We called them sword fights. I used to do it with my best friend growing up. I think we were about 5 or 6. One time we went to go take a pee in my upstairs bathroom and the door got jammed. My mom came and got the door open, ordered him to go home, and I was on the receiving end of a bare-butt spanking. Not my brightest moment.
emfleek
10/12/11 1:20:09PM

Posted by gartface

I remember having my best friend come over, we'd set up a blanket on the floor in the living room and battle all day.

LMAO @ the image in my head right now

emfleek
10/12/11 1:21:41PM

Posted by cowcatcher

My sister was a hardcore DD fan and I basically idolized her for a while so I'm pretty sure I probably know more than the "average" fan.
cowcatcher
10/12/11 1:23:53PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

My sister was a hardcore DD fan and I basically idolized her for a while so I'm pretty sure I probably know more than the "average" fan.

I still like them a lot, and listen to them, but I don't usually go public with that.
gartface
10/12/11 1:25:05PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

I remember having my best friend come over, we'd set up a blanket on the floor in the living room and battle all day.

LMAO @ the image in my head right now

Hahahahaha it was sad. Very very sad.
emfleek
10/12/11 1:25:18PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

I still like them a lot, and listen to them, but I don't usually go public with that.

LINK
cowcatcher
10/12/11 1:28:27PM
I've got two stories from when I was a kid about girls.

In kindergarten this girl kissed my hand in the "book nook" and I immediately hit her in the face then began to ball uncontrollably. The teacher was consoling me while she was yelling at the girl for doing that.

In 1st grade a girl asked if I wanted to go behind the big weeping willow we had on the corner of the playground and see her hoo ha(I don't remember what she called it). I said only if my friend Stevie could come too, and she said yes, so we went back there, she pulled up her skirt and dropped her underwear, and we ran off screaming.
cowcatcher
10/12/11 1:29:15PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

LINK

The link is taking me to the site map.
gartface
10/12/11 1:29:40PM

Posted by cowcatcher

In kindergarten this girl kissed my hand in the "book nook" and I immediately hit her in the face then began to ball uncontrollably. The teacher was consoling me while she was yelling at the girl for doing that.

In 1st grade a girl asked if I wanted to go behind the big weeping willow we had on the corner of the playground and see her hoo ha(I don't remember what she called it). I said only if my friend Stevie could come too, and she said yes, so we went back there, she pulled up her skirt and dropped her underwear, and we ran off screaming.

Never in my life have I been so disappointed to not be able to give someone props.
emfleek
10/12/11 1:35:19PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Weird.

Try this one, maybe.

LINK
cowcatcher
10/12/11 1:36:12PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

Weird.

Try this one, maybe.

LINK

Clearly I do.
emfleek
10/12/11 1:37:34PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I remember playing Spin the Bottle with a group of kids at a birthday party when we were 4th graders. I remember the girl I liked at the time (Angie Bush...she had a lazy eye - no joke) spinning the bottle. It landed on me and rather than letting her kiss me, I ran to the back yard and cried behind the shed.

Kpro
10/12/11 1:49:21PM
I used to play a play by mail wrestling game (IWA), and olllld wrestling card game (Champions of the Galaxy, i think?).

I don't feel any better after having said that. No weight was lifted, just embarrassment added.
cowcatcher
10/12/11 1:57:07PM

Posted by emfleek

Go!

I used to be a HUUUUUUUUUGE pro wrestling fan. So much, in fact, that I decided to venture into the world of "e-feds". If you don't know what it is, I'll just say that it's basically the pro wrestling equivalent of Dungeons and Dragons. You "create" a wrestler (it was all text-based) and then you submit roleplays to the e-fed owner (fake "interviews") who would then A.) use a simulator to decide who won or B.) use his own judgement and decide who won based on things such as the quality of the roleplay, how often you roleplay, storylines, etc. My buddy and I did this for a few years from the time we were about 15 until we were 17 or 18. It was around that time that I stopped watching wrestling. Looking back, it was lame as can be but it did provide a creative outlet to...nevermind. There's no justification for it. I need to go shoot a gun or fix a car or something now.

EDIT: Oh, God...I just found it and I was older than what I thought when I was still playing.

LINK

T-N-T, you're dynamite! I really hate using an AC/DC quote for anything, but I just checked the HOF there.
Budgellism
10/12/11 2:02:38PM

Posted by emfleek

Go!

LINK

I used to be a big pro wrestling fan as well Fleek. I never played that game you're talking about but I'm sure I would have loved it. As soon as I started watching mma, pro wrestling just seemed so ridiculous and lame.
prophecy033
10/12/11 2:02:53PM
I played with G.I. Joes till I was 12. Doesn't sound that weird now but it sure as hell was then. That was around 94-95
gartface
10/12/11 2:04:03PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

Go!

LINK

T-N-T, you're dynamite! I really hate using an AC/DC quote for anything, but I just checked the HOF there.

Hahahahahahaha oh man!
emfleek
10/12/11 2:10:30PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by cowcatcher

Hahahahahahaha oh man!

cowcatcher
10/12/11 2:33:41PM
Hendo67
10/12/11 2:38:16PM
I have had a few embarrassing moments, here are a few!

Age 7ish
I crapped my pants one time when i was sliding with my grade 2 class, when i realized i did, i went into the bushes in -20 and stripped down and threw my drawers out and acted like nothing happened, luckily nobody noticed!

Age 9ish
There was this kind in my class towards the end of grade 4 that i absolutely hated, he was such a butthole to everyone... anyways, one day i just had it and i climbed onto one of those cement picnic tables outside during recess and jumped on him elbow first a-la Randy Savage and ended up getting caught by the teacher and sent home for 3 days, when i came back to school everyone was laughing at me and thought i was the baddest kid ever, no one really talked to me for a week or so... not really embarrassing, more less funny.

Age 12ish
Young Ryan was in the whole dating fling, you know, the whole love notes in the desk, the awkward looks and silence when the hot girl passes... anyways, there was this girl i was "hooked up" with because my friend was "dating" her best friend, so as a fellow 12 year old wingman, i had to go on a double date which consisted of McDonalds and a movie (nothing but class) - anyways, long story short, during the movie she was all up on me and i had a 3/4 chub on and i'm 90 percent she saw or felt it as she brushed up on it like the sleezebag she was... hopefully it scared her rather than her thinking i was hung like a baby rabbit.

Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen
Basically i got drunk at the bar, there were so many nuthuggers there riding Anderson, and when Chael started beating on him i got more and more confident... I was basically chirping the entire bar, and i mean entire bar... all in fun (I'm not a serious guy) anyways, during the final round i said "GET READY FOR THE SONNEN ERA!" just as Anderson locked in the Triangle, then Sonnen tapped and everyone chirped me... i just put my head down and took like 7 jager shots (a bet) and staggered home...

emfleek
10/12/11 2:51:27PM

Posted by Hendo67

during the movie she was all up on me and i had a 3/4 chub on and i'm 90 percent she saw or felt it as she brushed up on it like the sleezebag she was... hopefully it scared her rather than her thinking i was hung like a baby rabbit.

LMAO @ "i'm 90 percent"

cowcatcher
10/12/11 2:51:47PM
Pant crapping might require it's own thread, but I digress.

Here's another gem, although it didn't happen to me.

My buddy started a new job painting(he was about 24) and they were working at this condo complex doing exteriors. Since we were kids we called him Nick Danger because we knew the stray bullet would always find him because he's got that black cloud of bad luck over him. So anyways, his boss asks him to go up a ladder first thing in the morning and start painting window frames. He gets up there and there's a wasp nest and the things are buzzing around him. He mentions it to his boss and the guy says, "Well hurry up and get it done then!" and Danger continues on. Minutes later he realizes one of these things is up his shirt. He hops off the ladder, drops to his knees and starts screaming while he rips his shirt off as the rest of the crew is standing there looking at him wondering who this crazy new bastard is. He got the shirt off ran around for a minute then just started cracking up because the other 3 guys' jaws were on the ground because they had no clue what was going on.

The same guy got sent home from a job at a pizza place where he was a cook in college because customers coming in the door of the place complained that the dirty hippy smelled. The boss actually had to pull him aside and say, "You smell too bad to work here. Go home, shower or don't come back!" He didn't tell us about this for about 8 years because he didn't want the ridicule, and it only came up as we were passing a, ahem, collection plate around and telling stupid stories about our jobs.
Poor_Franklin
10/12/11 2:53:36PM
i was pressured into asking this ugly chick to a dance in 7th grade since we both didnt have dates. i faked sick & left her.

when i was 7, i danced to vanilla ice & mc hammer cassette tapes for hours

i used to make myself throw up when i was 12 so i could get out of swim team practice. i didnt mind the swim team, but was too bashful to wear speedos.

also when i was in junior high, i used to harass girls I had crushes on on ICQ

also when i was 12, me & my friend used to smoke paper bc we wanted to smoke cigarettes, but didnt know anyone to buy them for us

this thread is reminding me how awful i was when i was younger & reminding me that from the age of 11-14, i didnt know shit
cowcatcher
10/12/11 2:57:04PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i was pressured into asking this ugly chick to a dance in 7th grade since we both didnt have dates. i faked sick & left her.

when i was 7, i danced to vanilla ice & mc hammer cassette tapes for hours

i used to make myself throw up when i was 12 so i could get out of swim team practice. i didnt mind the swim team, but was too bashful to wear speedos.

also when i was in junior high, i used to harass girls I had crushes on on ICQ

this thread is reminding me how awful i was when i was younger

That's some good stuff there. My cousin was into Michael Jackson, and danced to that shit for hours while watching a tape my aunt made of every video Jack-o had out at the time. He's 13 years younger than me so as an 18 year old kid it was pretty entertaining to watch this 5 year old go move for move with MJ on the VCR, but I'm sure he doesn't tell people about it now.
emfleek
10/12/11 2:57:06PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

on ICQ

Wow...talk about a blast from the past. How sad is it that I still remember my ICQ#?

Poor_Franklin
10/12/11 3:01:06PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Poor_Franklin

on ICQ

Wow...talk about a blast from the past. How sad is it that I still remember my ICQ#?

im good w/ remembering numbers, but that my friend is amazing you remember that
Pages: [1] 2 3