3 things about WEC 40

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 3 things about WEC 40
The_Metal_Maniac
4/5/09 11:52:53PM
1. Referee Bobby Long could have possibly been on To Catch a Predator.

2. RAPHAEL ASSUNCAO does 1500 sit ups a day, that's pretty impressive.

3. Frank Mir should consult Chuch Whoolery and have him make a love connection between him and Miguel Torres.

lol
Twenty20Dollars
4/6/09 12:26:24AM
Good thing Frank Mir didnt do the interviews with the winners of the fight. Because Mir would have had a huge hard on if he interviewed torres.
kopower
4/6/09 12:31:39AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Good thing Frank Mir didnt do the interviews with the winners of the fight. Because Mir would have had a huge hard on if he interviewed torres.

You got that right Is that a banana in your pants?
Svartorm
4/6/09 12:41:11AM
I thought Mir's eternal props to Curran was worse. Anytime Benevidez landed, he wouldn't say anything about it, but the second Curran landed a jab, he'd hype his "amazing boxing". The fact he thought Curran won that shows how diluted he is. He just always goes for the BJJ guy, like how if someone uses the rubber guard, they're Joe Rogan's favorite fighter.
ncordless
4/6/09 12:47:31AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Yeah, I do not think MMA fans are ready for a man on man makeout session like that. Frank does a great job commentating when he doesn't really know either fighter. But he is probably the most one-sided commentator out there.
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/6/09 6:53:34AM

Posted by Svartorm

I thought Mir's eternal props to Curran was worse. Anytime Benevidez landed, he wouldn't say anything about it, but the second Curran landed a jab, he'd hype his "amazing boxing". The fact he thought Curran won that shows how diluted he is. He just always goes for the BJJ guy, like how if someone uses the rubber guard, they're Joe Rogan's favorite fighter.

100% agree, it was just disturbing to hear. Another thing about WEC is that there's a shitload of decisions, and ima start picking fights accordingly now.
Jackelope
4/6/09 9:30:06AM
Yeah, even being a big Frank Mir fan I found myself disturbed by his man love. I thought for the first 2 rounds of Torres/Mizugaki he was being way too partial. Mizugaki was clearly getting the better of several combinations, but he got no love.
The_Italian_Stallion
4/6/09 9:37:22AM
I think Mir does that for any fighter he likes or cares about he hugs there nuts so tight they almost explode...

It wouldn't bother when he compliments another fighter but every time the other guy does something impressive it's either he's silent or he says that was part of the plan for the fighter he likes.

But hey I like WEC's commentators better than the UFC's
lohmann
4/6/09 9:47:01AM
I was annoyed by Mir to the point I muted the television in the later rounds. After he mentioned offhandedly that he wanted to see Torres fatigue so he was sure he wasn't perfect, it became painful to listen to his fetishizing any further.
The_Metal_Maniac
4/6/09 10:37:52AM
I thought his dude love of Torres and Curran was incredibly funny, and found it very amusing.Not only did I get to watch two awesome fights, but I got a good laugh out of it as well. Joe Rogan, Bas Rutten Frank Mir, with a drunk Goldberg would be a great group of commentators.
The_Ho_Bag
4/7/09 10:18:21PM

Posted by Svartorm

or if they throw a leg kick.

me and JJfreak always would say JR blows one in his pants every time someone lands a leg kick