things the ferttitas need to change about pride?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » things the ferttitas need to change about pride?
loller90278
4/24/07 8:51:42PM
my first thing would have them announce the fights much earlier than what dse could do

the second thing would have to be to update the websites, cuz im always disapointed to see the same thing on the pride us website
Cobbs666
4/24/07 8:54:11PM
also do not advertise matches like igor vs wandy just to boost ticket and pay per view sales knowing full well they are not going to fight
hippysmacker
4/24/07 8:55:00PM
Hire Sakaraba to be In Danas role in Pride. He's legend, respected by all, needs to retire, it would go over well with the homwtown fans ,and would do some great press conferences.
gspfan31
4/24/07 8:59:15PM
freakshow fights and refs that don't care about fighters safety
Cobbs666
4/24/07 9:21:34PM
freakshow fights are one thing they must keep, wouldnt mind seeing butterbean vs liddell in ufc lol
hippysmacker
4/24/07 9:29:46PM

Posted by gspfan31

I have to agree with both. Dana already ruled out the freakshows, but I though Yoshida was gonna die aginst Thompson when the ref dragged him to the center of the ring.
xthe_scottx
4/25/07 12:16:40AM
The lady who announces the fighters' names. I'm surprised she held that job for more than one show.
Northrend
4/25/07 12:48:26AM

Posted by xthe_scottx

The lady who announces the fighters' names. I'm surprised she held that job for more than one show.

she owns...can't believe people don't like her.
Svartorm
4/25/07 2:10:15AM
I got your back dude. That lady rocks.
Mastodon2
4/25/07 2:28:17AM
Man that announcer woman is crazy, everytime I watch Bustamante vs Rampage at Critical countdown I cant help but rofl

"Murillllllllllllllllllo Bustamannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnte!"

As for what to change, its just business things really, better organisation of fights, better promotion of events etc. They should never have taken away the kicks and knees to the head on the ground, I think that has really damaged the sport, and imposing the UFC weights divisions on it was stupid aswell, Im particularly bittter about the HW weight cap, which will stop bigger, but yet still talented, guys from fighting.

I just hope Mark Hunt can make weight.
Svartorm
4/25/07 2:44:46AM
Why make weight for heavy when you can just own Super heavy?
Mastodon2
4/25/07 2:59:27AM
Are they making a SuperHW division?!
Svartorm
4/25/07 3:05:45AM
They were talking about it before the sale, and they have WAY too many huge guys not to do it.
johny_rotten
4/25/07 3:11:56AM
I cant be leave no one said this. No more champs involved in non title matches. Gomi lost two non title matches. To me that lessons the position.

Some one touched on this already, but don't announce a card until you know who is headlining it. You sell matches not organizations.
tberg420
4/25/07 9:30:02AM

Posted by johny_rotten

I cant be leave no one said this. No more champs involved in non title matches. Gomi lost two non title matches. To me that lessons the position.

Some one touched on this already, but don't announce a card until you know who is headlining it. You sell matches not organizations.

Totally agree. Also add on their fighters fighting for other companies.
Chec22
4/25/07 9:51:57AM
I know it wont happen, but they should get rid of the ring. I realize the big ring/pride fans will firebomb my house but I hate it when guys fly through the ropes on take down attempts!
pv3Hpv3p
4/25/07 10:27:22AM
Most of you have made good points, I have to agree with Nortrend (?) and Svartorm, the announcer lady kicks ass, plain and simple...

As for something they should change, you guys have touched on all the important things, and none of it is really to change Pride, but change the marketing and business strategy of it... Like announcing cards much earlier and getting rid of non-title fights (except for in GP's)

And I cannot disagree more in whoever said to get rid of the ring... I think the cage gives the upperhand to wrestlers, while the ring has advantages for strikers... I don't mind seeing matches restarted, it's better than watching two guys clinch against a cage for a couple of minutes before there's a restart... This is one thing that I definitley think should stay seperate in both orgs.
kilgore
4/26/07 5:44:39AM

Posted by xthe_scottx

You kidding me? That lady is awesome and hearin her live is even better. Just gives me the chills. And if you have ever played the Pride FC PS2 game then you would have even more respect for her.

"and the winner.... Pllllaayyyyerrrr Onnnnneeee!!
kilgore
4/26/07 5:47:46AM
NO MORE TAKADA IN UNDERWEAR
Zekeil
4/26/07 10:21:07AM

Posted by loller90278

my first thing would have them announce the fights much earlier than what dse could do

the second thing would have to be to update the websites, cuz im always disapointed to see the same thing on the pride us website

Agreed the Pride website is lame. Hopefully Zuffa will make it alot better. I don't know though UFC website isn't that good either.

loller90278
4/26/07 3:15:34PM

Posted by kilgore

NO MORE TAKADA IN UNDERWEAR

i actually miss that
pv3Hpv3p
4/27/07 9:51:07AM

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by loller90278

Agreed the Pride website is lame. Hopefully Zuffa will make it alot better. I don't know though UFC website isn't that good either.

Surprising that a sport like MMA, that has such a huge fanbase on the web wouldn't try and put a little better website together... I agree though, they both sort of suck...
Ultimate_fighter
4/27/07 2:15:16PM

Posted by gspfan31