UFC Going To Do Things "Their Way"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Going To Do Things "Their Way"
BlazinSaddle
3/10/08 8:39:51PM
Dana White recently sat down with the Boston Herald to discuss a variety of topics including his disdain for Elite XC president Gary Shaw and the reasons why the UFC hasn't signed on with a major network. Below are some of the highlights of that conversation:

Dana White On Elite XC President Gary Shaw:

The next company that was going to take me out has been coming for the last eight years. Every time somebody puts something new together, it’s been "Oh, these guys are gonna kick Dana’s ass and put his ego in check" There ain’t anybody kicking our ass. It isn’t going to happen this year with CBS and Elite XC or any year. We’ll see who’s around in five years, me or Gary Shaw. There’s some ego for you. The reality is I know what I’m doing and Gary Shaw doesn’t. If you go and search Gary Shaw and mixed martial arts (on the Internet), this guy was saying five years ago that mixed martial arts was a joke. (He said) it’s not a real sport, these guys are barroom brawlers. Now that fat, bloated guy is running around acting like he loves mixed martial arts.

Dana White On Why He's Nixed Deals In The Past With HBO and CBS:

The bottom line is we built this brand without the help of anyone. We built this thing from the ground up, and no one’s going to control our business. It has nothing to do with ego at all; it has to do with the business we’ve built and our vision for it. We’re going to do it our way.

Link
SmileR
3/10/08 9:26:47PM
Already posted man

Link