No such thing as live MMA on TV or PPV in Arizona = Lame

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » No such thing as live MMA on TV or PPV in Arizona = Lame
EvenFlow
12/3/08 10:58:40PM
I just got home at 8:30 and the freakin WEC event is already over!!!! I was going to watch a live stream (assuming there was one) but since its not live I cant even watch the replay since I cant afford cable as of last month. I offically hate Arizona and how they broadcast live events, its done this every event I've watched, they've already happened....how do they get away with that? if the event is in Vegas and it says to tune in at 8pm...didnt say what time zone that was!!!! then I get home at 8:30 and its already over? how does that make sense... just air the events when the rest of the country sees them, like in California you watch the events earlier in the day than New York but its at the same time!!! Either they want it on in primetime or because were the only state without daylight savings Idk, but this pisses me off, now I know the results and I didnt even watch it.....lame

to Arizona

Anyone else have this issue? did it start earlier
loller90278
12/3/08 11:47:44PM
it was at 8pm eastern, which i believe is 5pm for you (if arizona is on pacific time -- which i think it is )
EvenFlow
12/4/08 12:03:35AM
Its weird because Arizona has its own time zone and dosnt use daylight savings. The event was in Vegas which is Pacific time why would they start an event that early to begin with? Even if the event did start at 5 or 6 than why didnt the WEC event show up on my buddies tv menu until 8pm? Arizona sucks thats why (remember the event was over by the time i got home at 8:30 and 10 mins later when i called my buddy)

uh ok i guess the picture is too big to post...................
DCRage
12/4/08 6:33:54AM
The reason you missed it is because Versus, and I think Spike as well, do not have what is called a "staggered feed". That means when they air an event live at 8 PM ET, it also airs out west at 5 PM PT instead of a taped replay at what would be 8 PM PT.
GrandMaster313
12/4/08 2:12:28PM
Its good to know your time zones.
JimiMak
12/4/08 5:03:33PM
hehe, he's mad cuz he doesn't understand time zones, I'll smoke one for ya since you seem to have had too much already.....
EvenFlow
12/4/08 11:54:02PM

Posted by JimiMak

hehe, he's mad cuz he doesn't understand time zones, I'll smoke one for ya since you seem to have had too much already.....

lol thats funny, but seriously did you read what i said? we have a seperate time zone in arizona, even with that out of the way the tv menu screen said WEC started at 8PM (which means you cant just watch the WEC on versus when bull riding is on at 6 or 7) lol but that was funny enough to get you a prop
JimiMak
12/5/08 10:14:31PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by JimiMak

lol thats funny, but seriously did you read what i said? we have a seperate time zone in arizona, even with that out of the way the tv menu screen said WEC started at 8PM (which means you cant just watch the WEC on versus when bull riding is on at 6 or 7) lol but that was funny enough to get you a prop

Thanks for the props, glad you got the joke, and I'm not trying to pick, but regardless of what time zone you have you should understand the math to equate EST to your own time, I would think. And you should be either mountain or Pacific, maybe not observing daylight saving throws you off by an hour for a cpl months a year, but it's not a 1/2 hr off or a weird number of minutes off.... I just think if the event was that important you would have caught it, or seen it on an archive the next day w/o looking at spoilers. As far as the menu goes, I'm sorry if your local thing listed it wrong. Sometimes that happens.
EvenFlow
12/5/08 10:23:32PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by JimiMak

Thanks for the props, glad you got the joke, and I'm not trying to pick, but regardless of what time zone you have you should understand the math to equate EST to your own time, I would think. And you should be either mountain or Pacific, maybe not observing daylight saving throws you off by an hour for a cpl months a year, but it's not a 1/2 hr off or a weird number of minutes off.... I just think if the event was that important you would have caught it, or seen it on an archive the next day w/o looking at spoilers. As far as the menu goes, I'm sorry if your local thing listed it wrong. Sometimes that happens.

its the way they broadcast out here, nothings ever live except arizona sports which explains why it always says it starts at 8 on the tv menu but really starts at 6, UFC 88 for example was already done by 7pm when i checked the spoilers

besides i just moved here two months ago i can barely remember the crossroads i live at lol