What was that thing that flew out of Fitch's face ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What was that thing that flew out of Fitch's face ?
the_01
8/14/08 11:15:22PM
During the GSP vs. Fitch fight, I noticed some glass thing flying from Fitch's face after taking a blow from GSP in the 4th round I think ?
What was that thing flying out of his face, I know its not the mouth piece ?

Bowen50
8/14/08 11:35:53PM
that was actually snot. no exaggeration, GSP knocked the snot out of him
postman
8/15/08 1:32:50AM
I was going to ask the samething because of _____________ Avatar!
jiujitsufreak74
8/15/08 1:50:22AM

Posted by Bowen50

that was actually snot. no exaggeration, GSP knocked the snot out of him

yeah it was snot. his mouth piece was black and on the reply it was clear it was snot. how did that look live Bowen?
Bowen50
8/15/08 1:54:39AM
i saw it fly out of his face and i thought it was his mouth piece at first but then i noticed the ref wasn't picking anything up. and i was just like "holy crap...GSP punched him so hard snot shot out of his face"
ufcboss
8/15/08 4:12:44AM
Beat the snot out of him!
Mr_Dead_Sexy
8/15/08 4:13:48AM
Originally, I thought he got Karo'ed and lost a tooth.
JohnnyNapalm
8/15/08 4:23:39AM
Beginning of round 3, a few seconds in...

Had that wad of nasal discharge gone the opposite direction it could have changed the fight.
stock
8/15/08 9:15:13AM
That was a mighty big chunk of snot.
I had originally thought it was a chunk of vasoline that they put on his cut after round 1.
mmadb
8/15/08 9:16:40AM
I haven't re-watched it but my first instinct is that it was the Vaseline from his cut. I'm sure someone else can confirm that because I'm not about to go home and re-watch it right now.
Meg
8/15/08 1:14:54PM
It was a small piece of brain matter that GSP knocked straight out of Fitch's head.
Darnok
8/15/08 1:31:19PM

Posted by mmadb

I haven't re-watched it but my first instinct is that it was the Vaseline from his cut. I'm sure someone else can confirm that because I'm not about to go home and re-watch it right now.

You are right, it was Vaseline.

It actually happened twice, but the second time it wasn't as big.
JohnnyNapalm
8/15/08 2:13:34PM

Posted by Meg

It was a small piece of brain matter that GSP knocked straight out of Fitch's head.

Actually, there have been reports coming from the scientific community stating that it was a malignant tumour that flew outta his nose. That punch may have saved Fitch's life.
Ben_Hutch
8/15/08 6:49:17PM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by Meg

Actually, there have been reports coming from the scientific community stating that it was a malignant tumour that flew outta his nose. That punch may have saved Fitch's life.

Whatever you say buddy!
nastshabast
8/15/08 7:35:28PM
I got hit so hard in a hockey game one time i covered my i tech with snot. no shit
bls1919
8/16/08 12:41:44AM
Wether it be vasaline or mucus. Fitch got the snot beat out of him last saturday.
stock
8/16/08 12:43:59AM

Posted by bls1919

Wether it be vasaline or mucus. Fitch got the snot beat out of him last saturday.

I think we can all agree on that.
LionHeartWarchild
8/16/08 1:08:17AM
I think it was a huge glob of spit, but my guess is as good as anyone elses.
Meg
8/17/08 1:41:21PM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Posted by Meg

GSP can add "life saver" to his list of many talents! How fantastic.