Thiago Silva wants Rashad: “I’m ready”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Thiago Silva wants Rashad: “I’m ready”
RhythmAndStyle
9/28/09 1:45:36PM
The knock out over Keith Jardine on UFC 102 made Thiago Silva satisfied, but he wants more. With one more victory by knock out on his record, the American Top Team product doesn’t think about resting on 2009. Looking for another fight, Thiago wants to take advantage of Quinton “Rampage“ Jackson’s retirement.

Link
jae_1833
9/28/09 2:56:26PM
That'd be a good way to keep Rashad busy, he can dispell any rumors about his chin and he can tell us how good Thiago's ground game is, I don't think Rashad would be tentative to take the fight there at all.
Jride
9/28/09 3:09:07PM
Good fight but Thiago has been rocked in every fight he has been in.. I think the upper hand goes to Rashad
RyanC
9/28/09 3:29:33PM

Posted by Jride

Good fight but Thiago has been rocked in every fight he has been in.. I think the upper hand goes to Rashad

When exactly did he get rocked by Keith Jardine?
bigbubbano23
9/28/09 3:51:34PM
now thats a fight i want to see
Mayhem13
9/28/09 3:56:24PM
That would be a good replacement fight..

I would be rooting for Thiago for sure...but Rashads handspeed could cause problems for Thiago. Then again Thiago has some real power in his hands, and looked much more composed in the Jardine fight...I don't know who id pick
SamPan
9/28/09 4:19:21PM
I think Rashads more likely to get KOd. He might have a better chin. But Thiagos got way more KO power.
scobac
9/28/09 7:01:53PM

Posted by SamPan

I think Rashads more likely to get KOd. He might have a better chin. But Thiagos got way more KO power.

I wouldnt say he has way more power, go back and watch the chuck fight, but I would say he has in the past used his power better and alot more often, he IMO is more of pure striker than Evans, I think Evans needs to clinch and gnp more often rather than just go toe to toe with everyone, especially with guys like Machida and Thiago.

EDIT: oh and I forgot mention, I do agree with you that Evans is more likely to get KOed.
EvenFlow
9/28/09 7:21:00PM

Posted by RyanC

Posted by Jride

When exactly did he get rocked by Keith Jardine?

Good job, now watch the rest of his fights minus Houston where he was just chokeslammed.
hotrodttt
9/28/09 8:30:32PM

Posted by Mayhem13

That would be a good replacement fight..

I would be rooting for Thiago for sure...but Rashads handspeed could cause problems for Thiago. Then again Thiago has some real power in his hands, and looked much more composed in the Jardine fight...I don't know who id pick

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, Rashad's handspeed in crazy and it's faster than Machida's and we all know how Thiago vs Machida ended up, so I think Rashad would likely win via Knockout.
prozacnation1978
9/28/09 10:39:52PM
it is pretty much a done deal for ufc 108
they should annouce the fight this week
Jackelope
9/28/09 11:17:46PM
Rashad should win this one pretty handily. I'll be rooting for Thiago, though
blb8698
9/29/09 10:24:26AM
Gotta go with Thiago on this one. I think Thiagos going to overwelm him like Machida did and get the KO.