Thiago Silva Rips American Top Team

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Thiago Silva Rips American Top Team
FastKnockout
11/9/12 6:00:43PM
Once a young contender, UFC Light Heavyweight Thiago Silva is looking to get his career back on track and has some choice words for his former team.

LINK
frizzzlecake
11/9/12 6:12:04PM
A lot of ATT guy's are leaving for Jaco. Interesting to say the least.
warglory
11/9/12 10:05:01PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's lame when a fighter trashes his former compatriots? It's such a dishonest, passive aggressive way of going about things. If ATT was such a bad spot, why did he stay for 3 years? I am not saying he is wrong, but take some personal responsibility, don't blame it all on your trainers, especially after getting popped for PEDs.
Gogoplatapus
11/9/12 10:16:25PM

Posted by warglory

Am I the only one who thinks it's lame when a fighter trashes his former compatriots? It's such a dishonest, passive aggressive way of going about things. If ATT was such a bad spot, why did he stay for 3 years? I am not saying he is wrong, but take some personal responsibility, don't blame it all on your trainers, especially after getting popped for PEDs.

Seems like that place is toxic. Guys can easily get caught in the bullshit and want to air people out afterwords. Especially if they feel hard done by.
jae_1833
11/9/12 10:18:28PM
I wonder what changed....ATT was huge like three to five years ago and now all I can remember is accusations of ped usage, undertraining, losing the team atmosphere. For Thiago in particular I think it's apparent that this was never the correct place. If I remember correctly he had beef with Luiz Cane or Wilson Gouveia and moving to ATT squashed that beef.
ghandikush
11/10/12 12:24:11AM

Posted by jae_1833

I wonder what changed....ATT was huge like three to five years ago and now all I can remember is accusations of ped usage, undertraining, losing the team atmosphere. For Thiago in particular I think it's apparent that this was never the correct place. If I remember correctly he had beef with Luiz Cane or Wilson Gouveia and moving to ATT squashed that beef.

Even Askren left when that guy had a sweet wrestling coaching gig to pay dues plus some.
prophecy033
11/10/12 12:38:56AM

Posted by warglory

Travesty145
11/10/12 3:30:03AM
a lot of people love the place though. or at least i thought. thiago alves and cole miller for instance
airkerma
11/10/12 9:49:39AM
What changed? They don't have Kimbo Slice anymore
NE-1
11/10/12 2:49:41PM
My experience with ATT:

American Top Team South Miami roughly '07: Signed up to train BJJ with Daniel Valverde (Team Nog Ultimate Fighter BJJ coach) after 4 months of me being there he left, gym dropped ATT name I left as well.

ATT Miami Roughly '08: Signed to train with Conan (Marcus Silviera). Gym lasted roughly 6 months before Conan stopped coming to the gym, gym dropped ATT name students left, gym closed

ATT Doral roughly '08-2010: Signed to train with Danillo Villefort (best coach I had there, felt like he gave a shit). Got some good training in, got injured, rehab and recovery took around 7 months came back, Villefort had left and Silva had filled in. I left the gym because I moved. Thiago silva lasted only a few months there aparently now they have cristofer silva as the main coach. Don't know much about how it is now.

All these places charged hefty fees to train with them (South miam 125 for BJJ, Miami $150 or 200 can remember), and (Doral $150) all monthly. They are a business first and that's the thing to remember. Look at their main academy figther roster, it's enormous. Quality suffers when you get to big and can't accomodate everyone. The one thing I will say is that when the coaches were there I did feel like I was being taught by the best, but probably won't give them anymore money. I've moved on past trying to become a pro and there are plenty of gyms with experienced coaches that charge a fraction of the price for membership.