Thiago Silva's Next Opponent

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Thiago Silva's Next Opponent
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/10/08 10:28:36PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=11742

Antonio Mendes............

not much to say about this, sorry
jiujitsufreak74
3/10/08 10:36:31PM
well he is 3-0 against SIlva's so Thiago should be careful

juanez13
3/10/08 10:37:51PM
Sort of expected, with all of the top talent already booked, but its fights like this that are the most dangerous for rising stars, Just ask Keith Jardine how he felt about fight alexander after he had beat forrest griffin, although he got lucky getting the fight with chuck next, a loss like this could sink him to the bottom.........although of course i expect thiago to win this, i hope he comes as prepared as he can be.
Ordep
3/10/08 10:52:06PM

couldn't be more disappointed, if he gets another win (hopefully KO) in this one he MUST(copy that Joe Silva?) fight top competition next.... loser of Forrest/Rampage maybe or some well recognized name.

Lame lame lame, from Hot Event/Perfect MAtch-up to undercard
McBee
3/10/08 10:53:20PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=11742

Antonio Mendes............

not much to say about this, sorry

retarded, this guy has not fought anyone, there are so many LHW opponents there is no way more known fighter is not available
Pookie
3/10/08 10:55:00PM
This guy is 14-2, with one loss being by a cut.

Thiago may sub him... but this is certainly no can fight.
jiujitsufreak74
3/10/08 10:56:30PM
I think a fight with Soku would have been a better choice by far. Interesting match up and it would be a great test for both fighters. but yet again Joe Silva looks over another great potential match up and refuses to actually put effort into match ups. (ok that was a little to cynical of Joe Silva but i am a little pissed at him)

Posted by Pookie

yea but look at the competition he has faced. they are mostly no bodies with the exception of 2 people. those records are deceptive. this guy isn't proven and although he boasts a good record there is no weight behind it. kind of like Hawaii in College football and we all know how that turned out
imanidiot777
3/10/08 10:59:25PM
I really like Thiago Silva's skills I think he should have gotten a better opponent. Now that he is stuck in this fight please please please please don't come in thinking it will be easy and lose.
TimW001
3/10/08 11:01:08PM
Yea I'm not surprised at this at all. Who else was their for Thiago to fight?
jiujitsufreak74
3/10/08 11:01:45PM

Posted by TimW001

SOKU!!!!!!!

they scrapped one fight so i am sure they could scrap another...Silva is better then Nakamora in terms of the hype of the fight.
Pookie
3/10/08 11:05:07PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

I think a fight with Soku would have been a better choice by far. Interesting match up and it would be a great test for both fighters. but yet again Joe Silva looks over another great potential match up and refuses to actually put effort into match ups. (ok that was a little to cynical of Joe Silva but i am a little pissed at him)

Posted by Pookie

yea but look at the competition he has faced. they are mostly no bodies with the exception of 2 people. those records are deceptive. this guy isn't proven and although he boasts a good record there is no weight behind it. kind of like Hawaii in College football and we all know how that turned out

That goes both ways, look at the people thiago silva has beaten

his toughest fight to date war against drwal who is also 14-2 against terrible competition.

half of his victories are against people sub .500

Thiago is just as unproven as his opponent
Mayhem13
3/10/08 11:06:59PM

Posted by TimW001

SOKU!!!!!!!

they scrapped one fight so i am sure they could scrap another...Silva is better then Nakamora in terms of the hype of the fight.

I think they want that whole Judo vs Judo thing .... plus I think they want a win from Soku and dont want to chance it against Thiago.
jiujitsufreak74
3/10/08 11:08:27PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Pookie

his toughest fight to date war against drwal who is also 14-2 against terrible competition.

i know where you are coming from but Thiago comes from a solid camp, a camp who proclaim that he is for real. he destroyed the human hype machine Houston Alexander who lets not forget has to have some skill to beat Jardine and Sakara...i mean it wasn't all luck. Another thing is that i have seen Thoago fight and am impressed by his performances. you can tell when someone is very skilled and i get that feeling from Thiago. his opponent is an unknown...whose best win came via split decision. but i totally understand where you are coming from so point well taken but i just think Thiago has proved himself somewhat
jay98107
3/10/08 11:19:31PM
Thiago better not take this fight lightly, Mendes is no can.
NatedawgThaM
3/10/08 11:34:56PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Pookie

i know where you are coming from but Thiago comes from a solid camp, a camp who proclaim that he is for real. he destroyed the human hype machine Houston Alexander who lets not forget has to have some skill to beat Jardine and Sakara...i mean it wasn't all luck. Another thing is that i have seen Thoago fight and am impressed by his performances. you can tell when someone is very skilled and i get that feeling from Thiago. his opponent is an unknown...whose best win came via split decision. but i totally understand where you are coming from so point well taken but i just think Thiago has proved himself somewhat

Look up his fights on YouTube. He is for real and I am disappointed Rashad got a free pass just to put padding on Liddell's record. A win over Rashad would mean so much more to Thiago then Liddell because for Chuck it's like "Who cares, it's another wrestler." For Thiago it throws him in there with the best.

Thiago is the real deal and this is definitely no can because nobody is a can in MMA that can hold that type of record because of how easily dangerous it is to lose a fight period in this sport.

WAR THIAGO!!!
jakeiceman
3/11/08 1:49:45AM
I'm not an expert on either of these guys but I have been fairly impressed by Silva, I wish he would have got a step up in competition so I could see a real test for him (other than Alexander...I loved that) Hopefully we will see him face some upper level guys here soon.
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/11/08 1:59:30AM
So is this still on for 84 or will it get moved to another event?
McBee
3/11/08 10:35:36AM

just give him Soku and send Nakamura back to Japan, that guy is not interesting
RMFG_187
3/11/08 3:18:12PM

Posted by Pookie

agree, soko is exactly who i thought they would match him up against. obviously wrong, but i think its cuz if Soko lost, his carear as a UFC fighter would be near over. they are feeding him Nakamura so he can get a UFC win under his belt. dont get me wrong, nakamura is a great opponent. but not on Soko's level, not at all.
prozacnation1978
3/11/08 4:55:11PM
i am not surprised at all, i just hope the fight doesn't make the main card ala fitch vs chris wilson which was a boring match, i hope the sokou vs nakamura will be on the card
McBee
3/11/08 5:12:09PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i am not surprised at all, i just hope the fight doesn't make the main card ala fitch vs chris wilson which was a boring match, i hope the sokou vs nakamura will be on the card

after Nakamura vs Machida and Soko vs Machida I hope neither makes it to the main card