Thiago Silva vs Keith Jardine

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Thiago Silva vs Keith Jardine
tylerlee123
12/22/07 6:33:20PM
I think this would be an awesome fight both are coming off huge wins and they are both willing to trade, if jardine takes it he would be ready for rampage
saemskin
12/22/07 6:37:13PM
I think Jardine would lose this fight.
nickcuc547
12/22/07 6:40:17PM
i like jardine, after the houston fight he will not make the mistake of trying to slug with a slugger. but this would be a great fight, imo jardine takes a close ud similar to the way he beat chuck.
TimW001
12/22/07 6:42:27PM
I'de like to see Jardine win, but I don't know. Haven;t seen much of Thiago. I think jardine has more solid stand up but I don't think I've seen jardine on the ground.

If it were to happen I'de take Jardine Split D.
SpiderSilva
12/22/07 6:44:26PM
I would go with Jardine He has been caught (KOed) so he is always has an eye out for the knock out plus he has a good ground game Plus he made the move to fighting top fighter and hes 2-0 vs top guys maybe the loss to Bonner knocked something into him but he is movin up the food chain Silva going that way and who know he look like a new Wandi
tuvok500
12/22/07 7:22:28PM
Jardine would dominate Silva !!

The guy have learnt his lesson against houston and he will be ready with his A game for sure for his next fight. Even better than the Liddell fight.

he also train with Greg Jackson, he train with GSP and Evans, etc.., so he would be ready for silva and would destroy him i think !!

loonytnt
12/22/07 7:58:43PM
keith would win easy, if you think silva beats keith thats sayin silva beats chuck..no sry thats not going to happen
NatedawgThaM
12/22/07 9:57:17PM
Ok I just saw a few posts claiming Thiago is a slugger. Thiago is a ground fighter but ironically all but 1 or 2 wins of his are TKO/KO's.

Thiago is really aggressive and exciting it's just crazy how his fights end. I see Jardine pressing and them trading. I think this will be a war on the feet until Thiago takes it to the ground. Then I can see Thiago just dominating Jardine. A GNP stoppage in the 2nd in my book...
telnights
12/22/07 10:00:16PM
By saying Keith would dominate Thiago Silva your making the same mistake Keith made about Houston. This is a bad match up Keith and I really think he would lose.
gartface
12/23/07 12:23:52AM

Posted by loonytnt

keith would win easy, if you think silva beats keith thats sayin silva beats chuck..no sry thats not going to happen

That's why MMA isn't fought on paper. They're two world class guys, both are well versed in stand up, and have good ground game, with the edge going to Thiago Silva IMO. The first person to make an error would lose, and I believe that'll be Jardine. To me, the only thing that Jardine has on Silva is the experience (which can win you fights). I still think that Silva would take Keith down and submit him.
ohiostate1016
12/23/07 11:22:43PM

Posted by tylerlee123

I think this would be an awesome fight both are coming off huge wins and they are both willing to trade, if jardine takes it he would be ready for rampage

...or Forrest!
TimW001
12/23/07 11:42:36PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by tylerlee123

...or Forrest!

Yeah...or Rampage.
buryyourdead
12/24/07 12:25:03AM
Chute Boxe baby. End of story.
chickmagnet
12/24/07 3:36:48AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Ok I just saw a few posts claiming Thiago is a slugger. Thiago is a ground fighter but ironically all but 1 or 2 wins of his are TKO/KO's.

Thiago is really aggressive and exciting it's just crazy how his fights end. I see Jardine pressing and them trading. I think this will be a war on the feet until Thiago takes it to the ground. Then I can see Thiago just dominating Jardine. A GNP stoppage in the 2nd in my book...

I Agree, i think Thiago takes it. But I think Thiago would actually do pretty good on the feet.
Northrend
12/24/07 4:18:10AM
I'd have to go with Thiago Silva by UD. Tough fight though.
Purge
12/24/07 9:51:47AM
My money's on Keith Jardine, simply because of who he trains with.
DangerousDjohn
12/24/07 11:14:36AM
Thiago would win. I think he could KO Jardine, and I know he could make him tap.
gsquat
12/24/07 11:16:37AM
I think a lot of people are confusing Jardine for a good fighter. He is still not a "good" fighter. Decent at best. You say," But he beat Chuck...". He made a gameplan to beat Chuck by points and did. Chuck didn't change his game as most fighters would have. And other than that, so he's the first person to finish an already careless Griffin.

Thiago Silva would wreck Keith Jardine.
Pitbull09
12/24/07 2:59:33PM
I see this fight being just the same as Houston v. Thiago. Thiago takes him down and beats his face in
cowcatcher
12/24/07 3:22:45PM
thiago is still relatively untested and unknown, but with that said id take him over jardine. either guy could end it, and both have been rocked before so im guessing theyd be fairly cautious of each others hands and it would eventually hit the ground where silva has the edge.
TimW001
12/24/07 3:43:41PM
Well I don't think I've ever seen Jardine ground game. And fighting Griffin, Houston, and Chuck he never really had to train it very much. Standing I haven't seen too much Thaigo. So...This is fight is pretty interesting. But I'de have to give it to Jardine.
loonytnt
12/25/07 2:28:28AM

Posted by gsquat

I think a lot of people are confusing Jardine for a good fighter. He is still not a "good" fighter. Decent at best. You say," But he beat Chuck...". He made a gameplan to beat Chuck by points and did. Chuck didn't change his game as most fighters would have. And other than that, so he's the first person to finish an already careless Griffin.

lmao are you jokin, keith punched it out with chuck, game plan or not if you go toe to toe with chuck you are better then a decent fighter
hippysmacker
12/25/07 3:42:28AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by loonytnt

Posted by gsquat

lmao are you jokin, keith punched it out with chuck, game plan or not if you go toe to toe with chuck you are better then a decent fighter

. I think both guys are very good fighters ,and deserve to be where they are. While Jardine has bigger wins on his resume IMO, if Silva won this fight he would probably only be one more win away from a title shot. I have seen nothing from either of them to make me think this fight wouldn't be very close. I'd call it a pick em, but becuase Jardine has more victories in th spotlight against top competition, I would give him a slight edge. It's the kind of fight like Soko/Machida, Huerta/Guida where I am going back and forth in my head on both guys.

Posted by loonytnt

loonytnt MMamath rarely works and is impossible to prove. Styles make fights. For years I would hear these arguments about Chuck/Wandy and the mmath was dis proven for both. Wandy lost to both Vitor and Tito. Chuck beat them both. Rampage lost to Wandy twice, but beat Chuck. One has nothing to do with the other. There are so many of these instances I don't even see why people bring MMAth up anymore. Personally I always thought Randy and Chuck would both beat Wandy, but lose to Shogun. After all the fights considered upsets lately it's really showed me how little we know until people actually fight. Not to mention fighters evolve, and some don't. So the Rampage who lost to Wandy doesn't seem to be the same guy anymore to me. If Chuck and Wandy have evolved after it seems the game has caught up to them , it is still a open question IMO. Despite back to back KO losses to Chuck I would actually favor Randy if he fought Chuck again. Randy seems to be at his best ever, and people seemed to have adapted to Chucks style now. Can it be proven? No, it's just my opinion. Unless they fought in the ring in the last few years, it's difficult to make assumptions, and Chuck did finish him in back to back fights As of now, anyone who thought Chuck would drop Randy again would have a much better argument than mine, but thats why it's just a opinion, and unprovable.
Pitbull09
12/25/07 4:30:35AM
Ha, MMAmath is a fun idea but in the end, it is true that it never predicts anything accurate. Styles do make fights and its that simple. The LHW division wouldnt be so messed up if MMAmath worked since we now have a situation where everyone has beat everyone and it was hard to find a contender
mrkennedy
12/26/07 5:05:09PM
I think silva gone a win this one because is very technical striker he proved it vs alexander.