Who Should Thiago Silva Fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who Should Thiago Silva Fight?
POLL: Thiago Silva vs. LHW ??
Wilson Gouveia 52% (17)
Luiz Cane 6% (2)
Stephan Bonnar (If he heals up) 24% (8)
Jason Lambert 6% (2)
Other 12% (4)
kevietre
3/6/08 10:26:09AM
With Rashad stepping up to face Chuck Liddell at UFC 85 it now leaves Thiago Silva without an opponent coming off a first round victory over Houston Alexander.
The light heavyweight division is stacked so there are a variety of choices but it seems most guys are already booked for fights like Sokodojou vs. Nakamura, Lyoto vs. Tito, etc.
Who is not fighting that can face Thiago at UFC 84?

tylerlee123
3/6/08 10:29:45AM
The Cane fight would be cool but thats only if the UFC lets him come back
gsquat
3/6/08 10:30:37AM
Definitely Bonnar. They're in the same place right now and it'd give us another fighter close to or in the top ten. Aside from that, it'd be an awesome matchup. Bonnar UD.
pv3Hpv3p
3/6/08 10:32:13AM
I think Gouveia is ready to step up his competition... And it would be a good even matchup stylistically, IMO
Cladrix
3/6/08 11:21:52AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I think Gouveia is ready to step up his competition... And it would be a good even matchup stylistically, IMO

Thiago vs. Gouvia would be a war.
DevonFoxy
3/6/08 11:26:20AM
Who he should fight is some one in the top 10 at least and not another can. Sadly every top fighter they have is already fighting.

Who he will fight is probably going to be another can.Perhaps Jason Lambert but honestly that is not a huge step up in competition. Curse Shoguns knee.

Wishful thinking here but boy this would be a great time for Brandon Vera to step down in weight and pick this fight up. I would love to see that fight but sadly Vera has already positioned that he will not be doing that
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/6/08 11:29:29AM
wilson by a mile, IMO thiago doesnt need to take a step down with the other fighters
Mayhem13
3/6/08 12:01:33PM
shouldnt the winner of Hammill/Boetsch or Houston Alexander if he wins?be ready by then?

as long as nothing serious happens (big cuts or broken bones)

I think that would be cool matchups
JWils
3/6/08 12:38:26PM

Posted by Mayhem13

shouldnt the winner of Hammill/Boetsch or Houston Alexander if he wins?be ready by then?

If Irvin beats Alexander, then a fight against Silva would make perfect sense to me.

I also would like to see Silva vs. Gouveia. I think that would be a very, very good fight.
Twenty20Dollars
3/6/08 12:39:53PM
Bonnar is ruled out cus he's injured.

So only two choices IMO are Wilson first and then Jason Lambert or he will have to wait to fight.

But i was really looking forward to thiago destroying rashad but now chuck will destroy him.
MondayNiteMauser
3/6/08 1:41:13PM
Luiz Cane is a monster and the guys have pretty much exactly the same style so that fight would be a war....Vitor Belfort anyone...???
Gipper
3/6/08 4:21:12PM
would rather see t.silva fight liddell.
whoever he fights...their in trouble.
Ordep
3/6/08 5:15:30PM
the only top and available LHW for Thiago might be Hendo for UFC 86 maybe, but I rather see him stay at 185
RMFG_187
3/6/08 5:26:25PM
i dunno know, but when i was recently looking over the LHW division, i figured its not all its sought out too be. well there are the greats, but most of them aren't even at Thiago's level or they already have a fight lined up. Boetsch would take this fight. he would have stepped up to fight Chuck. he would even taken a fight with him vs Fedor, CC, and a Bear, even if the fight was 2morro!
RMFG_187
3/6/08 5:27:28PM

Posted by JWils

Posted by Mayhem13

If Irvin beats Alexander, then a fight against Silva would make perfect sense to me.

I also would like to see Silva vs. Gouveia. I think that would be a very, very good fight.

theres only 1 problem, HOUSTON 1st Round KO!
billycarnage
3/6/08 6:57:26PM
I would like to see Gouveia.
Pookie
3/6/08 6:59:07PM
Gouveia is fighting reljic, fortunately no one cares about that fight.

Gouveia vs. Silva would be awesome and i would take gouveia.
NatedawgThaM
3/6/08 7:16:15PM
Thiago vs Stephon is my choice since both are better graplers but rather slug it out on the feet and I'd love to see it.

Gouvia is overrated IMO for one lousey win over the also overrated Jason Lambert who's chin has never been that great. Thiago would kill him. If he wants a decent fight he'll have to wait for a few more months but that'd be bad for him so I'd say Luiz Cane steps up but I'm hoping Thiago waits for Bonnar.
bls1919
3/6/08 9:46:25PM
I would love to see a fight between Silva and Leben. It would be a knock down drag out war standing and probably be fight of the night.