Thiago Silva Doesn't Care What A "Jerk" Like Jon Jones Thinks

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Thiago Silva Doesn't Care What A "Jerk" Like Jon Jones Thinks
DCRage
1/13/11 11:32:24AM
And he certainly didn't appreciate Jones calling him out after his recent win over Brandon Vera, as he tells the TATAME. "This guy is a jerk. Everybody’s a professional fighter and all fights include provocations. Brandon Vera said he’s break my legs, that I wasn’t on his level. I don’t say things, I do. You get recognized when you do things. I’m a professional fighter, but I can’t always please everybody. There’s always somebody behind the computed with a plate filled with French fries, ready to criticize you. I fight for the fans, for the money and to put my name up there. Talking is too much easy, nobody knows what goes on in your life, your trainings… I think I did my job. Who likes it, likes it, but you can dislike it if you want."

Article
emfleek
1/13/11 11:39:33AM

Posted by DCRage

There’s always somebody behind the computer with a plate filled with French fries, ready to criticize you.

Why do you do have to go and make this personal, Thiago?!?

postman
1/13/11 11:42:50AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by DCRage

There’s always somebody behind the computer with a plate filled with French fries, ready to criticize you.

Why do you do have to go and make this personal, Thiago?!?

Its the Hines Ward syndrom
icantthinkofanything
1/13/11 1:09:40PM
Thiago looked very improved with more strength in his last fight. I think he would have finished but I think Vera was only defending hismself, and didnt leave the openings he did with Jon Jones.

I hope Jon isnt looking past Bader.
bjj1605
1/13/11 1:39:25PM
I thought Thiago was a little unsportsmanlike myself.
FastKnockout
1/13/11 3:17:54PM

Posted by bjj1605

How? He was frustrated that Vera wasn't fighting back. He tried to povoke Vera, and it only lasted a few seconds. It's not like he's dancing around Anderson Silva style and yelling at him with insults. Even when Silva did the drums, Vera just sat there. I understand why Silva is so upset. Vera went in talking thrash and didn't back it up. Tito Ortiz did the same thing to Randy Couture and Couture ended up taking him for a joy ride during their fight.

As for Jon Jones, I'm on the fence about him now. At first I was a fan considering his fighting skills mixed in with his humble attitude, and now it seems all the attention is going to his head.
prozacnation1978
1/13/11 3:59:37PM
This fight will happen this year
Next few months will be very interesting.
Bones wins and shogun wins they fight. If silva wins he may be a win away from title shot

Now if bones wins evans wins. They won't fight and win or lose bones fights silva

Anyone else think that if bones wins and shogun
That he will fight him next.

But if evans wins. Who would face evans?? Gets interesting cause if randy beats
Lyoto I bet he will get title shot. If randy loses.
And bones being out. Phil davis beats hamill or winner of that match may be a win away from title shot. As well as rampage and silva in may
Like I said next few months their will be a lot of movement and focus on
Light heavy division
sbulldavid
1/13/11 4:43:37PM
I personally think that the Silva/Rampage winner is going to get the title shot regardless of Jones/Bader result. I'm hoping for a fight between former Chute Boxe members Silva and Shogun I don't think they have any agreement not to fight. I don't think Jones and Silva fight unless they both lose. I think Jones will fight Franklin/Forrest winner should he win.
BigCountryFedor
1/13/11 4:47:38PM
Whoa Thiago, watch the name-calling or Jones will snitch on you...
bjj1605
1/13/11 11:55:46PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by bjj1605

How? He was frustrated that Vera wasn't fighting back. He tried to povoke Vera, and it only lasted a few seconds. It's not like he's dancing around Anderson Silva style and yelling at him with insults. Even when Silva did the drums, Vera just sat there. I understand why Silva is so upset. Vera went in talking thrash and didn't back it up. Tito Ortiz did the same thing to Randy Couture and Couture ended up taking him for a joy ride during their fight.

As for Jon Jones, I'm on the fence about him now. At first I was a fan considering his fighting skills mixed in with his humble attitude, and now it seems all the attention is going to his head.

I saw it the opposite way. Both guys promised a slug fest. Thiago provoked him at the end of the 1st round. After that Vera came out swinging and Thiago kept taking him down. I think its smart gameplanning, he should take the fight to where he's strongest. But don't talk smack then. It made him look like he couldn't back up his words. You say one thing, act like a pompous jerk, and then don't do what you said you would.

And when Silva did the drums Vera attempted an elbow. Regardless, that was at the end of the fight. Prior to the beating in the last minute or so Thiago did a lot of lay and pray.