Thiago Silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Thiago Silva
chubbud22
1/18/10 10:55:31AM
I thoght Thiago was going to make some noise in the UFC, but he has face 2 of the 205's best and got beat pretty bad. He beat Jardine, but I dont concider him the top of the ufc. Who will they put thiago up against next, I hope he wins but I have not been impressed by his performance.
emfleek
1/18/10 11:03:38AM
Forrest Griffin @ UFC 115
sparky
1/18/10 11:05:38AM
Luiz Cane
emfleek
1/18/10 11:07:44AM

Posted by sparky

Luiz Cane

They're training partners (and friends) now and both are Brazilian. I doubt it'll ever happen.
sbulldavid
1/18/10 11:11:04AM
What if every American stops fighting each other?
emfleek
1/18/10 11:16:07AM

Posted by sbulldavid

What if every American stops fighting each other?

It's not that Brazilians won't fight each other. The only reason I mentioned their nationality is because Brazilians are historically very loyal. Since Thiago and Cane are friends now (not just training partners), I don't see them wanting to fight each other. I could be wrong. This is all a guess on my part.
Boo_Radley21
1/18/10 1:31:34PM
Let Coleman fight him after Randy.

Or Bonnar could be good.

Or why haven't we seen Thiago Silva vs Brandon Vera?
NatedawgThaM
1/18/10 2:04:38PM

Posted by chubbud22

I thoght Thiago was going to make some noise in the UFC, but he has face 2 of the 205's best and got beat pretty bad. He beat Jardine, but I dont concider him the top of the ufc. Who will they put thiago up against next, I hope he wins but I have not been impressed by his performance.

Are you kidding me? Beat pretty bad? Yeah Machida school'd him, but Machida anailated Rashad too and pretty much everybody else he faces except Shogun who caught em off guard with an amazing stradegy. I'm just saying Rashad BARELY beat him. Hardly beat him badly. You must of stopped watching after the 2nd round. Because in the 3rd, Thiago almost won. It was a badass round. I can agree with he was getting beat convincingly(not a beatdown though but definitely lost the rounds) in the 1st 2 rounds, but he almost knocked Rashad out. If anything I'm seeing progress from him. You almost have to admitt he looks alot better then he did when he first came into the UFC. And anybody that picked Rashad to smoke em have to admitt he improved surprised and did way better then expected. Because alot of people, and even I in my brain thought Rashad would just brutally KO him like Machida, but Thiago hung in there. he looks stronger, faster(looked slow before), and I was definitely impressed with his conditioning and ability to keep on getting back up after takedowns even later in the fight. His boxing is alot better as you saw him perfectly time Jardine in there fight and Rashad too he was doing well with his boxing. It was a real good fight with an exciting last minute effort.

I know Thiago is one of my favorites and my avatar on here so alot of people are gonna think this is just nutthuggery, but I'm just saying. You gotta admitt he's improved and has done way better then expected. And too he he got beat badly by Rashad is ludacris because when I think of somebody getting beat badly I think Gonzaga-Couture, Couture-Tim, Diego-BJ, GSP-Hughes 2 & 3. Just saying even though its gonna look totally biased since hes one of my favorites but whatever haha.

I would love to see him fight Forrest though like said above. A much better fight for Forrest too. It could keep Forrest at the top of the division since it's a much better fight for him then a probable beatdown with Lil Nog, and it gives Thiago a chance to prove himself again since I think he could take Forrest out and it would be a freakin WAR!!! I'd love that fight.

chubbud22
1/18/10 3:51:13PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by chubbud22

Are you kidding me? Beat pretty bad? Yeah Machida school'd him, but Machida anailated Rashad too and pretty much everybody else he faces except Shogun who caught em off guard with an amazing stradegy. I'm just saying Rashad BARELY beat him. Hardly beat him badly. You must of stopped watching after the 2nd round. Because in the 3rd, Thiago almost won. It was a badass round. I can agree with he was getting beat convincingly(not a beatdown though but definitely lost the rounds) in the 1st 2 rounds, but he almost knocked Rashad out. If anything I'm seeing progress from him. You almost have to admitt he looks alot better then he did when he first came into the UFC. And anybody that picked Rashad to smoke em have to admitt he improved surprised and did way better then expected. Because alot of people, and even I in my brain thought Rashad would just brutally KO him like Machida, but Thiago hung in there. he looks stronger, faster(looked slow before), and I was definitely impressed with his conditioning and ability to keep on getting back up after takedowns even later in the fight. His boxing is alot better as you saw him perfectly time Jardine in there fight and Rashad too he was doing well with his boxing. It was a real good fight with an exciting last minute effort.

I know Thiago is one of my favorites and my avatar on here so alot of people are gonna think this is just nutthuggery, but I'm just saying. You gotta admitt he's improved and has done way better then expected. And too he he got beat badly by Rashad is ludacris because when I think of somebody getting beat badly I think Gonzaga-Couture, Couture-Tim, Diego-BJ, GSP-Hughes 2 & 3. Just saying even though its gonna look totally biased since hes one of my favorites but whatever haha.

I would love to see him fight Forrest though like said above. A much better fight for Forrest too. It could keep Forrest at the top of the division since it's a much better fight for him then a probable beatdown with Lil Nog, and it gives Thiago a chance to prove himself again since I think he could take Forrest out and it would be a freakin WAR!!! I'd love that fight.

I watched that Rashad fight and at no point was silva even a threat to him. I have heard you hype this guy up for a long time on here and he has not lived up tp it. He need to learn some take down defense, or somethin. He clipped Rashad in the 3rd that was his only offense and Rashad smothered him and got an easy victory; he stood no chance against machida. And you think by him beat the dean of mean and possibly forrest it will take him to the top or prove him self now thats ludacris.

NatedawgThaM
1/18/10 4:12:04PM

Posted by chubbud22

I watched that Rashad fight and at no point was silva even a threat to him. I have heard you hype this guy up for a long time on here and he has not lived up tp it. He need to learn some take down defense, or somethin. He clipped Rashad in the 3rd that was his only offense and Rashad smothered him and got an easy victory; he stood no chance against machida. And you think by him beat the dean of mean and possibly forrest it will take him to the top or prove him self now thats ludacris.

Wow that's complete ignorance. I don't even know why I'm debating this with you because you proved yourself wrong in your own paragraph. He HURT Rashad, how is that not being a threat at all? That's complete ignorance. He and he didn't just clip him, Thiago won the WHOLE round nailing him numerous times with hard shots. Hasn't lived up too it? He lost to the champ and the former champ. I never ever said Thiago Silva was going to be this undefeated monster that would rule the Light Heavyweight division for years to come. I always said watch out for him he's going to be dangerous for anybody and he's mad exciting too watch and he could possibly make it to the top which he's pretty damn close after puting Rashad through HELL . And how the hell are you going to diss Keith Jardine? He beat the living sh*t out of Chuck and knocked out Forrest. And how the hell are you going to knock Forrest now and act like if Thiago beat him it wouldn't prove himself? Forrest gave Rampage hell, tapped Shogun who where both the #1 LHW's in the world inmost peoples eyes at the time. Now your just being disrespectful and ignorant dissing 3 top 10 light heavyweights and acting like they aren't sh*t.. Not even worth my time.
chubbud22
1/18/10 4:35:58PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by chubbud22

Wow that's complete ignorance. I don't even know why I'm debating this with you because you proved yourself wrong in your own paragraph. He HURT Rashad, how is that not being a threat at all? That's complete ignorance. He and he didn't just clip him, Thiago won the WHOLE round nailing him numerous times with hard shots. Hasn't lived up too it? He lost to the champ and the former champ. I never ever said Thiago Silva was going to be this undefeated monster that would rule the Light Heavyweight division for years to come. I always said watch out for him he's going to be dangerous for anybody and he's mad exciting too watch and he could possibly make it to the top which he's pretty damn close after puting Rashad through HELL . And how the hell are you going to diss Keith Jardine? He beat the living sh*t out of Chuck and knocked out Forrest. And how the hell are you going to knock Forrest now and act like if Thiago beat him it wouldn't prove himself? Forrest gave Rampage hell, tapped Shogun who where both the #1 LHW's in the world inmost peoples eyes at the time. Now your just being disrespectful and ignorant dissing 3 top 10 light heavyweights and acting like they aren't sh*t.. Not even worth my time.

Damn I didnt mean to hurt your feelings If you think Keith Jadine is a top fighter you are the ignorant one. I think you need a box of tissues, because I have never head so much crying from anyone in my life. Rashad DOMINATED you boy and you gettin so offended by me sayin that that proves your just a huge thiago nuthugger. Get it togther bro. You are being disrespectful by calling me ignorant I hate to take you to school son, but Jardine is not top ten Thiago is not top ten, they both can beat the lower class but niether will even touch that belt.
emfleek
1/18/10 4:38:10PM
If the two of you can't debate without resorting to name calling or insulting each other, I'll be forced to shut the thread down and give both of you some time off from posting in the forums.

Play nice!
chubbud22
1/18/10 4:43:30PM

Posted by emfleek

If the two of you can't debate without resorting to name calling or insulting each other, I'll be forced to shut the thread down and give both of you some time off from posting in the forums.

Play nice!

He is the one callin me ignorant bro I just gave an opinion and i guess he took it personal. im not trying to start anything Nate dogg just thinks he is right about every thing so he started calling me name. Im a grown man hes acting like a child. but sorry it to go that way
Pookie
1/18/10 4:57:31PM
Something a few people may not know, Thiago Silva hurt his back while training at Att and couldnt drill takedown defense throughout the majority of his training camp.

With that said, Thiago will make noise if the right match-ups are given to him. The Light Heavy-weight division is a Shark tank brim to the top with cannibal, laser shooting sharks.

Machida, Shogun, Rampage, & Lil Nog are all a level ahead of him right now, and taking into account his loss to Machida and Rashad in contender match-ups i dont think he'll get to face the upper echelon in his next fight.

Fighters like Rich Franklin, Forrest Griffin, Couture, and Vera are good match-ups to evaluate just how good his strengths are. And with the exception of Vera, i think he takes all three of those match-ups.

scoozna
1/18/10 5:41:59PM
I'd say Rashad took Silva down at will, but I didn't see him do anything with Silva once he was there. That's hardly "dominating" in my book, just a smart gameplan that takes advantage of known judging bias.

Clearly, Silva hurt Rashad in the 3rd.

I think Forrest is a good matchup for him. Forrest has to fight smart though, not get into a brawl.
cloud301336
1/18/10 6:04:25PM
LMFAO Rashad used Superior LnP, I say Thiago looked better in defeat then Rashad did in victory. i see big things commin from this guy, and he defiantly has the metal attitude for MMA.
SpiderSilva
1/18/10 6:35:20PM
I think the fight would have been a draw in Japan thats just MO

Rashad won just on takedowns alone I would say more like Rashad was no threat to Silva Rashad hit him with his haymaker overhand right and it didnt faze Silva

- Rashad stuck with the game plan the 1st 2 rds and just about blew it in the 3rd also I think Silva COULD win a rematch
chubbud22
1/18/10 7:06:04PM
Unless thiago learned some take dow defense; I think it woul go the same way It doesnt matter how you win just as long as you win. Its all about stragy and matchups, and I think Rashad is a bad math up for thiago. Give him forest thats a good math up for thiago IMO
NatedawgThaM
1/19/10 5:19:51PM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by chubbud22

Damn I didnt mean to hurt your feelings If you think Keith Jadine is a top fighter you are the ignorant one. I think you need a box of tissues, because I have never head so much crying from anyone in my life. Rashad DOMINATED you boy and you gettin so offended by me sayin that that proves your just a huge thiago nuthugger. Get it togther bro. You are being disrespectful by calling me ignorant I hate to take you to school son, but Jardine is not top ten Thiago is not top ten, they both can beat the lower class but niether will even touch that belt.

I dont think I am always right. I just dont see how you could say jardine isn't a top fighter and say that Thiago would hardly prove anything by beating Forrest who is a PROVEN top fighter. I'm just backing up my answers with fact. Jardine & Forrest are proven top fighters by beating top fighters in the division. If you don't agree thats fine but just saying that without having the facts to prove it is ridiculous. And I'm just saying winning the 1st two rounds on takedowns alone and then almost getting knocked out and losing the 3rd round is hardly dominating IMO, it just seems like you think Rashad gave Thiago a BJ Penn on Diego Sanchez type beatdown which is not true. I'm just curious, If Thiago & jardine aren't top 10 fighters then who is better then them? Who do you have ahead of them in the UFC? Im not talking about Jone Jones or Luiz Cane either who are unproven against elite competition, but who has a better resume then them?

my top 10...

1. Machida
2. Rashad
3. Rampage
4. Forrest
5. Shogun
6. Lil Nog
7. Thiago Silva
8. Keith Jardine
9. Randy Couture
10. Brandon Vera

I honestly don't know where to rank Randy & Vera because Couture just dropped down and barely beatr Vera who really isn't established as a top guy at 205. But who could you possibly have over Jardine that has a better resume? Jon Jones is still untested even though I think he's going to be freaking amazing. Luiz Cane has beat the lower tier of 205 pounders too so he can't be over a guy like Thiago Silva IMO who beat Keith Jardine who hasn't just beat the low tier guys, but Jardines beaten top guys like Forrest & Chuck(when he was still top 3 after Rampage loss) Jardines just inconsistent like Vera but he doesn't choke like Vera and actually has wins over elite people.
CwB
1/19/10 9:30:04PM
Jardine is the wild card of the UFC beats some of the best loses to some of the worst and is very hard to predict and even with wins over Vera and such I think he is 10 at best...

Griffin, Vera, Bones, all great fights for Thiago. Im not a big fan of his but he definitely belongs in the UFC's higher ranks,

EDIT: Hey Nate I think you need to update your 205 rankings you have Shogun at #5... Blasphemy.
Mayhem13
1/20/10 1:43:56AM
Hamill vs Silva UFC 114

my guess
BustedKnuckle
1/20/10 8:01:19PM
Where is Jake O'Brien in the mix at 205 nowadays. That would be a good fight. O'Brien/Silva would be a TKO for sure.
warglory
1/20/10 8:08:34PM

Posted by cloud301336

LMFAO Rashad used Superior LnP, I say Thiago looked better in defeat then Rashad did in victory. i see big things commin from this guy, and he defiantly has the metal attitude for MMA.

Do you know what lay n pray means? Rashad stayed active the entire fight.