Thiago vs. Houston

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Thiago vs. Houston
Ordep
10/25/07 2:06:39AM
I cant decide.....

I picked Thiago because of Houston cardio, then I reviewed Thiago's fights and he has kind of the same problem, but he can get a lot of strikes and resist them but maybe Houston's strikes are a lot harder.....

hmmmmmmm still undecided, maybe a blank pick.

What ya'll guys think about this one?
SpiderSilva
10/25/07 2:57:29AM
man Houston hits hard
atlas777
10/25/07 8:51:06AM
IM gonna pick houston beuase of his strength and speed the guy is a beast and has absoultely torn up his last 2 opponents im predicint ko in the first by houston
wagere
10/25/07 9:46:07AM
Right now I have Thiago but I dont know about this one. It's hard to judge Houston with those explosive KOs, I just wonder what would happen if someone can avoid the intial surge.
DCRage
10/25/07 9:52:43AM
Right now I have Houston by 1st round KO/TKO. No doubt both guys swing for the fences and usually connect early on, but Houston's been a little more impressive in UFC so far, and against better opposition (namely just-as-hard hitter Keith Jardine).
tuvok500
10/25/07 10:54:26AM
houston rd 1 ko here !!

thiago was not very impressive in his last fight, of course he won the fight, but the german gassed at the second round and was unable to lift his hands after that !!

TNunley
10/25/07 12:42:38PM
Definitely Houston Rd 1 KO...

Neither of these guys mind to bang... Jardine didn't mind to bang either and Alexander showed he could take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

BTW stop with the Cardio B/S.... Jesus you haven't seen him go past round 1, quit making assumptions.

What happens when you assume:

Ass-u-me

You make an "A$$" out of "U" and "ME"
tepid55
10/25/07 12:57:53PM
I think Thiago Silva will have better cardio.
CornishMMA
10/25/07 1:06:07PM

Posted by TNunley

Neither of these guys mind to bang... Jardine didn't mind to bang either and Alexander showed he could take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

BTW stop with the Cardio B/S.... Jesus you haven't seen him go past round 1, quit making assumptions.

Ass-u-me

Thanks but i saw and heard him nearly blowing the mic out of Rogans hand after his 1 minute fight so im pretty sure he will be gassed coming into the 2nd round, but neither have good cardio i still think Silva will fair better once Houston loses his 1 minute burst of explosiveness then unravels to a slow slugger, its not assuming its speculating based on what ive seen and thinking 1 way or the other and backing it up, not fence sitting saying well if he has good cardio he will win but if he has bad cardio he will lose, oooh i just dont know

Silva RD2 TKO on a gassed Houston, he is old and overrated
wolfman
10/25/07 1:59:36PM

Posted by tuvok500

houston rd 1 ko here !!

thiago was not very impressive in his last fight, of course he won the fight, but the german gassed at the second round and was unable to lift his hands after that !!

Correction, Drwal is Polish. 1st Polish fighter in the UFC. Had to thrown in the nitpick.
Ordep
10/25/07 4:45:46PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by TNunley

Ass-u-me

Thanks but i saw and heard him nearly blowing the mic out of Rogans hand after his 1 minute fight so im pretty sure he will be gassed coming into the 2nd round, but neither have good cardio i still think Silva will fair better once Houston loses his 1 minute burst of explosiveness then unravels to a slow slugger, its not assuming its speculating based on what ive seen and thinking 1 way or the other and backing it up, not fence sitting saying well if he has good cardio he will win but if he has bad cardio he will lose, oooh i just dont know

Silva RD2 TKO on a gassed Houston, he is old and overrated

Thanks Cornish...

There's no ASSumption on Houston cardio.... never saw that interview??
jgordon85
10/25/07 5:24:54PM
there is a lot celebrating after the fighters win. like houston runs around and screams and then climbs up the cage. that is an exercise so that could explain the cardio issue to why he is out of breath for the rogan interview. i would not base my pick on that. you can see that houston hits hard but i am going to go with thiago silva to take the fight i like the chute boxing camp and i just think thiago can pull it off.
CornishMMA
10/26/07 6:21:48AM
You need to see it dude it was funny as, he couldnt even say his lil catchprase without big pauses, it was "hey ..... gasp ........ nebraska ...... gasp ........ is in the ................ gasp ................. house"

Posted by jgordon85

there is a lot celebrating after the fighters win. like houston runs around and screams and then climbs up the cage. that is an exercise so that could explain the cardio issue to why he is out of breath for the rogan interview. i would not base my pick on that. you can see that houston hits hard but i am going to go with thiago silva to take the fight i like the chute boxing camp and i just think thiago can pull it off.

Yeah i know but actually he didnt do much of that at all, he just stood over Jardine and hardly moved after that, then 2/3 mins later he is still huffing and puffing, it was much worse with the Sakara fight which was only 20 secs longer, sure he does explode so will obviously be puffing but i just get the feeling that he isnt the kind of person who will train alot of cardio, and that he believes his own hype to carry on getting quick KO's, and the fact he is pretty old 37 i do believe, im just convinced that after the 1st round if Thiago can weather the storm and avoid the clinch then Houston will turn into a slow gassed slugger and will be picked apart, im picking and wagering heavily on Silva
MALICE
10/26/07 7:01:10PM
I think Houstons 1st round Flurry will do the trick.
MondayNiteMauser
11/1/07 4:19:52PM
Tough fight but Houston Alexander is on a role like i've never seen. I mean he KTFO of a pro boxer in his last fight and we haven't even seen his ground game that i heard was outstanding so i'm giving the nod to Houston
tap_or_snap
11/9/07 8:29:01PM
If thiago uses his brain he will come out and look to take houston down quickly.

If he does this then a quick submission or gnp tko victory is on the cards.

If he comes out and looks to trade its either gunna be another quick houston ko or if thiago can weather houstons initial assault a late 2nd or early third tko for silva.

Im giving thiago the benefit of the doubt, i say he does the clever thing and takes houston down straight off the bat, lays a little gnp , passes, takes side then straight into mount , rains down some shots, houston turns and gives thiago his back, then comes the mata leão.

I wouldnt be suprised if thigo pulls a leg lock on houston straight off the takedown either...

jgtribbett
11/10/07 9:10:45AM
I'm picking houston by tko/ko cause he sint a sport fighter like most of us... Hes a ******* fighter.