Thiago Alves vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama Targeted for July UFC Even

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Thiago Alves vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama Targeted for July UFC Even
sparky
4/10/12 4:50:05PM
Yoshihiro Akiyama still has a job in the UFC, and now has his next opponent set, as well.

Despite losing four straight in the octagon, Akiyama's spirited performances have ensured him at least one more go, and it will come against Thiago Alves at a July event -- most likely UFC 149 -- according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

The two have both agreed to the matchup, sources told MMA Fighting.

Link
Budgellism
4/10/12 5:05:36PM
Lol, Akiyama once again doesn't get a break. He's running into a pissed off Pitbull next.
DrivenDavies15
4/10/12 5:11:25PM
This will be a sick fight. Surprised they kept Sexyama around but hey i'm not complaining. I like Alves a lot in this fight and I bet he can finish Sexyyy
cowcatcher
4/10/12 5:52:11PM

Posted by Budgellism

Lol, Akiyama once again doesn't get a break. He's running into a pissed off Pitbull next.

Sexyama must have kicked Joe Silva's dog or something, fucking brutal path they've sent him down.
Wallass
4/10/12 6:00:06PM
I REALLY like this fight!
postman
4/10/12 6:01:28PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Budgellism

Sexyama must have kicked Joe Silva's dog or something, fucking brutal path they've sent him down.

Its unreal.
prozacnation1978
4/10/12 6:18:04PM
Very nice fight for Calgary
Pookie
4/10/12 6:40:12PM
Fucking wow. Thiago is going to eat Akiyama from the bottom up.
tcunningham
4/10/12 6:45:51PM
yeah if akiyama fights like he did against shields he in for and ass whooping and probably getting cut. i had high hopes for akiyama at 170lbs but he was unimpressive against shields.
Pookie
4/10/12 7:06:47PM
I'm sure Akiyama will do better with his own striking in this match since he wont have to worry about the takedown, but Alves is just way too active on the feet, and will work to chop akiyama down from the start of the first round. Sex-mountain has a great chin, but Alves is going to target his legs.
FastKnockout
4/10/12 7:38:22PM
Nasty fight for Akiyama.
Chael_Sonnen
4/10/12 8:00:03PM
Nice victory for Mr. Sexy
JoeWarren33
4/10/12 8:05:36PM
Huge fight in my opinion on both guys here.
Both fighters are at important stages in their respectable careers. I think this fight is more important for Akiyama, as he needs a big win, or he can kiss the main event days goodbye.
Alves huge fight for him as well. This guy, could move a few ranks up the board with a KO or TKO win over Akiyama.

Im leaning towards a dec win for Alves, but would love to see a finish in this fight.
TeamDEY
4/10/12 9:02:21PM
Really good fight.
mattjonesy
4/10/12 10:22:11PM
Why they dont give Akiyama a break. I never ask for a fighter to have a gimmie fight but god damn it Akiyama deserves one!
prophecy033
4/10/12 10:22:25PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Budgellism

Nope, Joe Silva walked in on his wife "cough" enjoying herself to a pic of Sexyama
george112
4/10/12 10:24:17PM
Would be nice to see Akiyama get the upset
prozacnation1978
4/10/12 11:22:56PM
Very nice fight
Bubbles
4/10/12 11:47:45PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Budgellism

Nope, Joe Silva walked in on his wife "cough" enjoying herself to a pic of Sexyama

its not like he hasn't done it himself either
bjj1605
4/11/12 1:50:01AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Budgellism

This seems like the most likely scenario.