Thiago Alves last five fights

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Thiago Alves last five fights
nickcuc547
10/26/08 3:25:12PM
He has beaten Kos, Hughes, Karo, Lytle and Hironaka. Now if that doesn't get you a title shot I don't know what will, the guy is an animal. To be honest with you I think he gives GSP a war, he showed ridiculous take down defense and he is as good of a striker as anybody in the division.
aaa9erh8er
10/26/08 3:34:32PM
100% BUT NOT ONLY DID HE BEAT THESE GUYS HE WAS IMPRESSIVE AGAINST THEM. ESPECIALY AGAINST HUGHES GSP IS THE ONLY OTHER FIGHTER EVER TO MAN HANDEL HIM SO MUCH. I MEAN THAT RIGHT THERE PROVES TO ME THAT HE IS A TOP CONTENDER. I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED IF HE GETS THE NEXT SHOT AT GSP(AFTER PENN). ALTHO I THINK THAT HE DESERVES THE SHOT FIRST. BECOUSE HE HAS FOUGHT AT WW MANY TIMES AND WON PENNS LAST TWO FIGHTS AT WW WHERE LOSSES.............BUT HE GETS THE NEXT SHOT AT GSP THATS FAIR
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/26/08 3:48:39PM
IF gsp fights Anderson, would yall want alves to wait on his shot? that could be a while...
mentalcase
10/26/08 3:55:46PM

Posted by nickcuc547

He has beaten Kos, Hughes, Karo, Lytle and Hironaka. Now if that doesn't get you a title shot I don't know what will, the guy is an animal. To be honest with you I think he gives GSP a war, he showed ridiculous take down defense and he is as good of a striker as anybody in the division.

but the only problem is GSPs next fight is January 31 next year so Alves will have to wait 3-5 months after that fight to fight the winner for the title shot i want it now
juanez13
10/26/08 3:56:01PM
I'd say let Alves fight once more, the January card would be a good fit (same one GSP is fighting on).....He'd have to wait a longg time to fight GSP, so might as well get another fight in between.

I'd say match him up with Sanchez . Would say put in Fitch, but i dont think it'll happen, he has a bigg chance at beating Alves again, and i dont think the UFC wants to have him as the #1 contender again right away
haggiswashere
10/26/08 4:06:37PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

100% BUT NOT ONLY DID HE BEAT THESE GUYS HE WAS IMPRESSIVE AGAINST THEM. ESPECIALY AGAINST HUGHES GSP IS THE ONLY OTHER FIGHTER EVER TO MAN HANDEL HIM SO MUCH. I MEAN THAT RIGHT THERE PROVES TO ME THAT HE IS A TOP CONTENDER. I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED IF HE GETS THE NEXT SHOT AT GSP(AFTER PENN). ALTHO I THINK THAT HE DESERVES THE SHOT FIRST. BECOUSE HE HAS FOUGHT AT WW MANY TIMES AND WON PENNS LAST TWO FIGHTS AT WW WHERE LOSSES.............BUT HE GETS THE NEXT SHOT AT GSP THATS FAIR

is your caps lock stuck on or something? i noticed some other posts where you did it too. i was gonna do like a keyboard warrior comment like "caps much? " but i would probably be the only one who realized i was kidding.....
Jackelope
10/26/08 4:09:44PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by aaa9erh8er

is your caps lock stuck on or something? i noticed some other posts where you did it too. i was gonna do like a keyboard warrior comment like "caps much? " but i would probably be the only one who realized i was kidding.....

No that's a fair question. Posting in all caps is against the code of conduct on the forums so I'm hoping it's just stuck or something.

9. Do not post in all capital letters, all bold, or in l33tspeak. This annoys people. Don't annoy people.
aaa9erh8er
10/26/08 4:12:19PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by aaa9erh8er

lol ya i was using my laptop (the POS) and it really does whatever it wants. and i didnt relize it was a rule i couldnt help it. i only use my laptop at school so it shouldnt be a problem but my bad jackelope
aaa9erh8er
10/26/08 4:17:31PM
back on topic tho i would i agree that the ufc may not want fitch no ! contender again so soon but if he beats alves he would deserve it also vica versa. i mean its not unheard of to give some one a rematch very fast(gsp/serra,anderson/franklin,AA/silvia) so i wouldnt be mad if they fought. but right now i think the ufc will give alves a fight he should win to firm his status as number 1. becouse imo noone else stands out in the div. and i really see him giving the chmap hell.
mentalcase
10/26/08 4:17:49PM
9. Do not post in all capital letters, all bold, or in l33tspeak. This annoys people. Don't annoy people.

wow this site is strict have you been to sherdog the amount of abuse thos guy dish out to each other is amazing, here is all love and flowers and no cap locks and stuff like that its like play school everybody be nice to each other
nah thats cool i like it here
haggiswashere
10/26/08 4:21:30PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by aaa9erh8er

No that's a fair question. Posting in all caps is against the code of conduct on the forums so I'm hoping it's just stuck or something.

im sorry i was just trying to be silly not get someone in trouble. apologies
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/26/08 4:22:37PM

Posted by mentalcase

here is all love and flowers and no cap locks and stuff like that its like play school everybody be nice to each other

we're all a bunch of happy dancing bananas
mentalcase
10/26/08 4:34:04PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by mentalcase

here is all love and flowers and no cap locks and stuff like that its like play school everybody be nice to each other

we're all a bunch of happy dancing bananas

we are all special children dance with me
postman
10/26/08 5:03:01PM

Posted by mentalcase

wow this site is strict have you been to sherdog the amount of abuse thos guy dish out to each other is amazing, here is all love and flowers and no cap locks and stuff like that its like play school everybody be nice to each other
nah thats cool i like it here

Thats the idea. Say what you think if your wrong you will get called out but not torched.

After Werdum lastnight alves dosn't fight until GSP Penn is over. HA HA what a kick in the balls for werdum.
Matimus
10/26/08 5:46:45PM
beat lytle on paper.

I still want to see a rematch!
bzwez
10/26/08 6:53:52PM
2008 Fighter of the Year

3 great performances against top ten fighters
Jackelope
10/26/08 7:45:18PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by aaa9erh8er

lol ya i was using my laptop (the POS) and it really does whatever it wants. and i didnt relize it was a rule i couldnt help it. i only use my laptop at school so it shouldnt be a problem but my bad jackelope

It's all good bro. I figured it was just something going on, that's why I said "I'm hoping his caps lock is stuck or something" (paraphrasing myself) LOL I'm not trying to come down all hard or anything... was just lettin ya know

And don't worry haggiswashere you didn't get nobody in trouble LOL
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/26/08 8:18:57PM

Posted by bzwez

2008 Fighter of the Year

Mousasi went 6 -0 against tough competition , winning twice in one night even .
IMO the figher on the year
MMA
10/26/08 8:19:51PM
He deserves it more than BJ, that's for sure.
bzwez
10/26/08 8:20:45PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Posted by bzwez

2008 Fighter of the Year

None top ten thought IMO, not to discredit Mousasi, he has definetly arrived but Thiago took the tightest division in the UFC by storm
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/26/08 8:29:57PM

Posted by bzwez

Posted by bzwez

2008 Fighter of the Year

None top ten thought IMO

Yeah your right . However, jacare , manhoef , cyborg , yoon and kang are no chumps though either.
cj_striker
10/27/08 12:12:33AM
Alves has been very impressive, but as was said before Alves will have to wait awhile to fight GSP or Penn (the winner of that fight will have a lot to do with it I feel). If GSP wins, then I feel Alves will probably face Sanchez (with the winner of course facing GSP) seeing how the UFC most likely wouldn't have Fitch fight Alves again because he has a good chance to beat Alves and then Fitch would be fighting for the title again very soon which has happened, but in this case they will probably make Fitch win like two fights before getting another chance. But if BJ wins imo mind Alves should have to fight Fitch with the winner getting a title shot, seems only fair. Then make GSP fight the winner of a Diego vs. Kos fight and the winner of that gets a shot at the winner of BJ vs. Fitch or Alves for the title. But back on track Alves has shown much improved take down defense and look sharper at striking every time he enters the octagon, he definitely deserves to be a top contender.
pv3Hpv3p
10/27/08 11:29:54AM

Posted by bzwez

Posted by bzwez

2008 Fighter of the Year

None top ten thought IMO

Yeah your right . However, jacare , manhoef , cyborg , yoon and kang are no chumps though either.

No Mousasi's definintley the real deal... But I can't name a fighter that's beaten 3 straight top 5 guys in a division that's as stacked as the UFC WW... It's pretty hard to discount what Gegard has done this year, but it's impossible to look past Alves's performance in 2008... In my book, Thiago takes fighter of the year with Mousasi a razor close second
jawbreaker517
10/27/08 11:46:32AM
What can I say? I call it like I see it and this dude has awesome stand-up to go along with great take-down defense. I see this guy being good enough to dethrone GSP. I think his striking is better and think GSP would even have a hard time taking him down.
RhythmAndStyle
10/27/08 11:48:42AM
to me it doesn't matter when he fights as long as he does..so if he has to wait to fight GSP..than maybe he should fight Sanchez...