Thiago Alves’ UFC 130 Message to Rick Story: “Be Careful What You Wish For”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Thiago Alves’ UFC 130 Message to Rick Story: “Be Careful What You Wish For”
pmoney
5/26/11 6:00:35PM
Thiago Alves has never been in the business of calling other fighters out.

Sure, he’s asked for a title shot like any top ranked welterweight, but the Brazilian doesn’t believe in calling out anybody for a fight, he just fights the best in the world and whoever the UFC puts in the cage with him.

So it was a little surprising to Alves when he heard that Rick Story was calling him out for a fight. Sure, Story has gone 5-1 in the UFC, and is on the rise in the welterweight division, so in many ways Alves took the statement as a compliment.

Article
Chael_Sonnen
5/26/11 6:19:44PM
Story by UD
sparky
5/26/11 6:30:09PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Story by UD

I just met rick story in the mgm grand like 20 mins ago im definitely pulling for him in this one!!!!
FastKnockout
5/26/11 6:50:26PM
Alves is a beast. Story will get his brains scrambled Saturday night.
BigBadAl
5/26/11 7:22:45PM
I got Story on this one.
sbulldavid
5/26/11 9:31:41PM

Posted by BigBadAl

I got Story on this one.

KungFuMaster
5/27/11 12:52:56AM
Story can definitely win this fight if he plays it safe and follows through with the game plan which is to take the fight to the ground and avoid the stand up as much as possible.
Budgellism
5/27/11 1:39:04AM
To be honest I don't know if Story will be able to take him down. Alves was stuffing Koscheck's takedowns not too long ago.
KungFuMaster
5/27/11 2:54:11AM

Posted by Budgellism

To be honest I don't know if Story will be able to take him down. Alves was stuffing Koscheck's takedowns not too long ago.

I do not know either but what Story needs to do is turn this into a grappling match and exhaust Alves as much as possible. He should clinch and stay in the clinch to drain Alves as much as possible even if he is not able to take Alves down.

If Story cannot do this effectively, then Alves will definitely have all the opportunities in the world to knock him out.

Pookie
5/27/11 3:03:08AM
Story likes to scrap, i think thats going to play against him.
KungFuMaster
5/27/11 3:08:57AM
I am betting on him, so let us hope he plays it safe.
Pookie
5/27/11 3:15:23AM
Habit trumps tactical adaption.

Unless, of course, they have the habit of adapting.

Habit. Its the reason why Tyson Griffin didn't take down Gomi even though he's a wrestler. Just watch, Story sets up his takedowns with strikes. He's gonna come out guns blazing.
KungFuMaster
5/27/11 12:34:54PM

Posted by Pookie

Habit trumps tactical adaption.

Unless, of course, they have the habit of adapting.

Habit. Its the reason why Tyson Griffin didn't take down Gomi even though he's a wrestler. Just watch, Story sets up his takedowns with strikes. He's gonna come out guns blazing.

If that is the case, at least we get to see a good fight.
icantthinkofanything
5/27/11 1:31:34PM
This is a big ww fight. If either fighter looks impressive they could shoot up in the ranks. I like both fighters, but im leaning toward Alves, with the new tools, hopefully he wont have to cut a lot of weight

this ppv has solid fights, considering the main event was dropped.

Jorge-Stann
Alves-Story
Mir -Nelson.
Bubbles
5/27/11 1:55:19PM

Posted by Budgellism

but more recently, Fitch had no problems taking Alves down
bjj1605
5/28/11 3:16:24AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

but more recently, Fitch had no problems taking Alves down

when alves was coming off a very long lay off.
Lesnar1
5/28/11 7:44:25AM
Haha that means war baby Story better pack a lunch cause this will be no picnic!