thanks for the support playground.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » thanks for the support playground.
tcunningham
2/20/12 7:37:29PM
I posted about my up coming title fight on Friday. a few people wanted an update. I took the champs title by way of second round submission. i was pretty stoked cause he was 7-0 with 7 submissions.

more importantly, i just wanted to thank the PG for the support i got on friday. this is why the PG is the ONLY place for everything MMA.
FastKnockout
2/20/12 8:41:10PM
Congrats, man! It's cool to know we have a champion among us.
warglory
2/20/12 8:49:52PM
Nice dude! Must have been a good stroke of the ego for ya to get a submission!
kopower
2/20/12 8:50:21PM
Congrats Post up a video if you have one. I'm sure we would all like to watch you dethrone the champ!
scoozna
2/20/12 8:56:06PM
Well done. I would have wagered all of my phony money on you. Maybe we'll see you in the 2ndary league soon.
SmileR
2/20/12 9:08:16PM
Congratulations, man!
DeadHead988
2/20/12 10:08:36PM
Nice job man!! There's nothing as satisfying as beating someone at their own game!!
tcunningham
2/20/12 10:31:21PM
thanks again everyone. heres the link its called rumble on the ridge 22. my fight is at the 1hr 15min mark if you want to skip ahead.
kopower
2/20/12 10:38:55PM
Link didn't work for me, but here it is. tcunningham whooping some ass
Bubbles
2/20/12 10:58:00PM
now that you are champ, its time to make some money doing this. go pro and be the 2nd person to dethrone GSP haha congrats man
warglory
2/20/12 11:01:15PM
Just watched the fight, you definitely beat that guy in the stand up and on the ground. If that was an amateur fight, I think it's about time you move up to professional.
Bubbles
2/20/12 11:34:55PM
I kinda got confused a bit with this fight. I originally thought you were the first one to walk down to the cage as you were the challenger, but you came down second...I figured it out when the announcer announced your names. Then when the opening bell rings, the graphic shows you wearing the red gloves when you are actually wearing the blue gloves lol. Just though I'd point it out and help those who have yet to watch it

- nice song choice with Nonpoint's "Miracle"...though your opponent's selection (Pantera's "Walk") I like better
- those 2 ring girls are smokin hot
- you need to work on that flying front kick you tried at like 10 seconds into the fight lol. flying knees work better (yes I am armchair critiquing you )
- nice scrambling work
- fantastic finish to the end of the first round (are amateur fights 3 min rounds?)
- you grabbed the fence in round 2....point deduction! lol other than that way to dominate the entire 2nd round
Aether
2/20/12 11:35:44PM
I was searching for updates on that card on saturday night, but I couldn't find any live updates. Good job, congratulations man.
Budgellism
2/20/12 11:40:22PM
Excellent performance man. You really beat that guy up. I like your fighting style, very entertaining.
Aether
2/20/12 11:50:32PM
Wow that was actually really impressive. You completely annihilated that guy, he wanted nothing to do with the standup after getting hit a few times. Great fight. How long have you been training for?
Rabi
2/21/12 1:50:09AM
That was a great fight, well done mate, cant wait to see you defend your belt.
ncordless
2/21/12 2:54:27AM
Awesome fight! Let me know if you ever have a fight near portland. I'd love to go.
warglory
2/21/12 7:44:59AM

Posted by Bubbles

I kinda got confused a bit with this fight. I originally thought you were the first one to walk down to the cage as you were the challenger, but you came down second...I figured it out when the announcer announced your names. Then when the opening bell rings, the graphic shows you wearing the red gloves when you are actually wearing the blue gloves lol. Just though I'd point it out and help those who have yet to watch it

- nice song choice with Nonpoint's "Miracle"...though your opponent's selection (Pantera's "Walk") I like better
- those 2 ring girls are smokin hot
- you need to work on that flying front kick you tried at like 10 seconds into the fight lol. flying knees work better (yes I am armchair critiquing you )
- nice scrambling work
- fantastic finish to the end of the first round (are amateur fights 3 min rounds?)
- you grabbed the fence in round 2....point deduction! lol other than that way to dominate the entire 2nd round

Yes, this confused me as well, and I skipped the intro, so I was really confused considering he said it was him who got the win via submission.
emfleek
2/21/12 8:49:32AM
Very impressive, dude! Although I will say that the victory would've been much sweeter with an "MMAPlayground" patch on your shorts!

And I was expecting Kpro to storm the cage and shower you with rose petals. Disappointed that he didn't...

Great win and congrats!
BuffaloDave
2/21/12 3:42:54PM
Congrats on winning the title. Very nice performance on doing so.

Loved you did the hand gesture for the belt on the waist, classic.
Bubbles
2/21/12 4:41:10PM
I think you have a Sherdog profile! If its true, it only shows you as 1-0. You should get them to update everything

Tyson Cunningham Fight Finder
prophecy033
2/21/12 7:07:03PM

Posted by ncordless

Awesome fight! Let me know if you ever have a fight near portland. I'd love to go.

I'm with ncordless on this one, if you ever have a fight at the roseland or in that area, I'm there
Kpro
2/21/12 10:47:07PM

Posted by emfleek

And I was expecting Kpro to storm the cage and shower you with rose petals. Disappointed that he didn't...

I tried to storm the cage to put a mmaplayground.com t-shirt on Tyson but was detained and RNC'd by the blond chick with the tats, she's stronger than she looks.

Nice to see it on video after watching from the crowd. Looks even better. Congrats again man. I'll be back in the crowd when you defend it!

Geoffo
2/22/12 7:21:21PM
Sorry didn't hear about this before but great job bro!
How'd you tap him out?
Rabi
2/23/12 12:06:25AM
RNC, there is a link in this thread where you can watch the fight, defo worth a watch!