thanks mods

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » thanks mods
teamquestnorth
8/14/11 4:02:47PM
For locking the ufc live 5 picks so early. I cant make a couple of switch ups in now
hashyandy4
8/14/11 4:07:46PM

Posted by greshamfighter

For locking the ufc live 5 picks so early. I cant make a couple of switch ups in now

Oh No!! C'mon man did u really need 2 start a thread about this?? Get over it
teamquestnorth
8/14/11 4:11:24PM
sure did son
Kpro
8/14/11 4:11:27PM
They always lock 2 hours before start time which would've been a half hour ago. Did they lock before then or something?
teamquestnorth
8/14/11 4:14:02PM

Posted by Kpro

They always lock 2 hours before start time which would've been a half hour ago. Did they lock before then or something?

Why would they lock 2 hrs before start time? 15 mins before should be plenty of time to click a button and lock the event.
kopower
8/14/11 4:14:33PM
It's not like you had all week or half the day today to get them locked in. They always lock a bit early on this site.
Kpro
8/14/11 4:19:17PM

Posted by greshamfighter

Posted by Kpro

Why would they lock 2 hrs before start time? 15 mins before should be plenty of time to click a button and lock the event.

I'm just guessing, as I'm not a mod or have anything to do with running the site, but a programmer sets the lock time, no mods just hop on and lock it and I remember years back where a lock time was about 15 minutes from start time and the event started early and some people took the opportunity to change their picks on the first few fights so 2 hours prevents cheating. Thats my best guess man, sorry you couldn't switch, but sometimes last minute switches are killers
emfleek
8/14/11 4:26:16PM
Sorry...next time we'll make an exception just for you. Unless you want to start another thread to bash the mods, in which case, there will be no next time.

teamquestnorth
8/14/11 4:29:27PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by greshamfighter

Posted by Kpro

I'm just guessing, as I'm not a mod or have anything to do with running the site, but a programmer sets the lock time, no mods just hop on and lock it and I remember years back where a lock time was about 15 minutes from start time and the event started early and some people took the opportunity to change their picks on the first few fights so 2 hours prevents cheating. Thats my best guess man, sorry you couldn't switch, but sometimes last minute switches are killers

yeah i remember that lol
teamquestnorth
8/14/11 4:31:56PM

Posted by emfleek

Sorry...next time we'll make an exception just for you. Unless you want to start another thread to bash the mods, in which case, there will be no next time.

wow. you would actually ban somebody for that? I just find it weird that u cant do some last minute research and debating and change your picks up. thats why i used to love this sight. I was actually one of the first members
Twenty20Dollars
8/14/11 4:33:42PM
titties

I believe it was locked when I got up and on here. Which was like 12-12:30 Central time.
Kpro
8/14/11 4:35:11PM
I'm pretty sure it's really because the UFC has been starting events quite a bit earlier so the 2 hour lock time seems like it's locking earlier when it's the UFC starting the fights earlier because I've noticed it too.

Just a good idea to keep in mind 2 hours before the UFC has the first prelim scheduled.
kopower
8/14/11 4:36:24PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

titties

I believe it was locked when I got up and on here. Which was like 12-12:30 Central time.

Titties?

Twenty20Dollars
8/14/11 4:41:31PM

Thought I'd try to get that in, incase this thread gets deleted.

( . ) ( . )
pmoney
8/14/11 4:49:01PM
Yeah, having a month or two to make your picks simply is not enough time. C'mon Mods! WTF mate?

prozacnation1978
8/14/11 4:55:12PM
i always watch the clock before it locks before every event
gotta know if its mostly noon or sometimes early for those late swtiches
teamquestnorth
8/14/11 4:58:52PM

late switches are what its all about. besides with all the change ups due to injury and every thing else i dont even think about making picks till the week of. thats why in vegas and every where else late picks are not to be shunned
kingsmasher
8/14/11 5:03:19PM
i think they lock early but its in the programming I would say not a mod...just wouldnt make sense at all...i like to see the weighins before i mkae picks for actual money...you just have to adapt...
telnights
8/14/11 5:46:49PM
Just for info the MODs have no control over lock times for events that is all done by the Admin and is setup when the date and times for the events are posted. You have a clear timer on your pick page that shows how long you have before the event locks.
It looks like this Event selection will be locked in 88d 88h 88m. So if you don't get your picks in on time its your own fault and not the Admins or MODs. Now openly flaming MODs isn't the best idea as we don't get paid for what we do and give our own time to make this site better for everyone on it, even you.