Thank You for Taking My Lutter Money

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Thank You for Taking My Lutter Money
GrecoMan
2/5/07 9:00:55PM
I am making this confession as part of a 12-step program: I actually picked Travis Lutter to Defeat Anderson Silva.

That's right--I picked a guy who COULDN'T EVEN MAKE WEIGHT FOR THE BIGGEST FIGHT OF HIS LIFE! How embarrassing for him and for me. As soon as he didn't make weight I knew my money was gone. Anyway, thank you to all of the folks who took my Lutter wagers. Please use the money more wisely than I did!
ManBeast
2/5/07 10:01:41PM

Posted by GrecoMan

I am making this confession as part of a 12-step program: I actually picked Travis Lutter to Defeat Anderson Silva.

That's right--I picked a guy who COULDN'T EVEN MAKE WEIGHT FOR THE BIGGEST FIGHT OF HIS LIFE! How embarrassing for him and for me. As soon as he didn't make weight I knew my money was gone. Anyway, thank you to all of the folks who took my Lutter wagers. Please use the money more wisely than I did!

don't feel too bad, he did a semi decent job (well at the end of round 1) considering him cutting weight.

but ouch from the looks of your record UFC 67 just wasnt your card.
Ydoc
2/5/07 10:29:44PM
I did the same. I'm gonna have nightmares of him giving up top control for that awful armbar attempt.

ManBeast, you just betting on sure bets to keep your record nice and purty?
hypocalking
2/5/07 10:36:26PM

Posted by GrecoMan

Who do you like in Pride 33???
Sagat_GSP12
2/6/07 10:56:04AM
Good question Ydoc, why only three picks?
Bigsexydaddy
2/6/07 12:38:20PM
To make up for it, Greco, I sent you a wager request for PRIDE. If not that, send me a counteroffer!
ManBeast
2/7/07 2:39:24AM

Posted by Ydoc

I did the same. I'm gonna have nightmares of him giving up top control for that awful armbar attempt.

ManBeast, you just betting on sure bets to keep your record nice and purty?

well ufc 67 the undercards at least I wasnt too sure about. I haven't paid too much attention to UFC or TUF. The truth is I've only been into MMA on and off for 1-2 years. so fights like cote or martin etc, I had little or no idea who to bet on. I'm kicking myself for not betting on the machida fight vs hoger, I should have known machida would have won that one.
Bosco
2/7/07 9:13:44AM
I think even if you aren't familiar with the fighters you should still take a guess. If you have no clue about who to take you could just check the odds and go with the favorite. Betting on 3 fights/card won't get you many wins in a season.
GrecoMan
2/13/07 12:58:05AM

ouch from the looks of your record UFC 67 just wasnt your card.

You got that right! I knew I was betting on some underdogs, but was very surprised with the Martin fight, as well as Edgar. I am now a huge Frank Edgar fan. That was an AWESOME fight.
GrecoMan
2/13/07 12:59:32AM

Posted by hypocalking

Who do you like in Pride 33???

Why, so you can pick the opposite, based on my record?!
GrecoMan
2/13/07 1:01:59AM
Sorry I didn't reply to your Gomi-Diaz offer. I've been busy and wasn't online for awhile. Good luck on Pride 33.