A Texas woman burned her own house down during a heated battle with a snake.
The serpent frightened the lady while cleaning outside her home Wednesday night. She doused the limbless reptile in gasoline and called over her son to set it ablaze.
The plan backfired.
Her son tossed a lit match at the creeping reptile but it slithered into a nearby brush pile, bringing the flames with it. The brush pile, too, caught fire and soon spread to the family's home on Will Smith Rd. in Texarkana, Capt. David Grable of the Bowie County Sheriff's Department confirmed to the Daily News.
"We were trying to kill a snake with fire," the woman said during a 911 call. "It done caught the house."
"Caught the house?" asked the dispatcher LINK