Texas Tech To Mike Leach: "Forget Your Suspension. You're Fired"

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Texas Tech To Mike Leach: "Forget Your Suspension. You're Fired"
DCRage
12/30/09 1:40:18PM
Wow. What a way to go out.

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP)—Texas Tech has fired football coach Mike Leach.

The school handed a termination letter to Leach’s attorney, Ted Liggett, on Wednesday just before the two sides were to appear in a Lubbock, Texas, courtroom for a hearing on the coach’s suspension.

Liggett says the letter says Leach is “terminated with cause effective immediately.”

Leach was suspended by the university on Monday while the school investigated allegations that he mistreated an injured player.

Receiver Adam James alleges Leach twice confined him to small, dark spaces during practice after the player was diagnosed with a concussion.

Texas Tech plays Michigan State on Saturday in the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio.

I wonder if he decided to challenge or appeal that in court today. Geez, that is timing!
emfleek
12/30/09 2:09:57PM
This guy is trash. He deserves it.
jae_1833
12/30/09 4:56:41PM
I heard a lot about this at work today and the player is supposedly some NFL Commentator's son who has a real bad rep on the team as a guy who milks injury to get out of practices and such. The team seemed to be behind the coach. Also the room the kid was locked up in was a room used to treat concussed players before they go see a doctor. I think there is more to this than is revealed just yet. But hey I don't know crap as I barely even follow college football.
DCRage
12/30/09 5:31:20PM
The player's father was supposed to be an ESPN analyst for the Alamo Bowl, but that will not happen now. That had been decided on a week or two ago.