Do they test 100% of the fighters?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Do they test 100% of the fighters?
conlin952
7/21/07 8:31:41PM
Do they always test for steroids or do they do it at random? What would make them think they can get away with it? At least Sherk and Franka were both juicing so it was a level playing field.
Piccosaur
7/21/07 9:16:14PM

Posted by conlin952

Do they always test for steroids or do they do it at random? What would make them think they can get away with it? At least Sherk and Franka were both juicing so it was a level playing field.

Technically if they were both not using steroids, on of those knees may have knocked out Sherk. But yes I believe 100% of the fighters are tested for their fights.
MisFiT
7/21/07 9:37:47PM
No, they randomly do tests, they dont run tests on everyone, fighters take their chances with the tests.
Twenty20Dollars
7/21/07 9:46:37PM
A seperate thing from the UFC, does the testing. But they usually do a test the fighters after each card. Cept for the event in houston they didnt have test thing that required the fighters to be tested.
hippysmacker
7/21/07 9:55:49PM
The only mandatory tested fighters are involved in title matches. they also randomly test a random number of other people supposedly.
Manfred
7/22/07 2:39:19AM

Posted by hippysmacker

The only mandatory tested fighters are involved in title matches. they also randomly test a random number of other people supposedly.

Also, if there is no title fight, I think (at least in Nevada) the main event is tested.
JuggaloWarrior878
7/22/07 5:15:34AM
from what i understand they always test the main event fighters and the rest is random