Terry Martin files Lawsuit against Chicago Police officials and Mayor

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Terry Martin files Lawsuit against Chicago Police officials and Mayor
themmadigest
9/6/07 11:48:50AM
Terry Martin was falsely arrested as he was on his way into a police station to report police harassment, according to a lawsuit filed Wednesday.

Martin, 26, is suing Mayor Daley and Chicago Police officials and officers for misconduct, alleging that corruption within the Chicago Police Department led to Martin being arrested and prosecuted.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/modrowski/544319,CST-SPT-fite06.article
Aether
9/6/07 11:56:06AM
good thing he has a cop who not only saw what happened, but was willing to testify against other cops, because there's no way in hell he would win this case without a cop backing him.
Mayo
9/6/07 12:28:01PM
After meeting Terry in person... he is a really calm cool guy. I totally believe his side of the story.
roman
9/6/07 1:41:59PM

Posted by Aether

good thing he has a cop who not only saw what happened, but was willing to testify against other cops, because there's no way in hell he would win this case without a cop backing him.

No shit, it's relieving to know that there are still some good cops out there.
bezun
9/6/07 6:23:00PM
Oh man. I can not wait to see leben vs martin. I have complete faith that martin puching of all heads that stand in his way of the belt. Did anyone catch his fight with rivera? Color me impressed. After Leben I think he needs to fight the loser of Franklin x Silva for a shot at the title.
chiefwiggum
9/6/07 6:26:46PM
I agree, although I think he has a better shot at beating Franklin than Silva. Martin has been fairly impressive since dropping to 185. I would love to see a Terry Martin VS Robbie Lawler.
bezun
9/6/07 6:45:38PM
I dont think he would do very well against silva, but him and lawler would be great. Its too bad lawler is fighting in ICON. I wonder how he would do on his back but i guess someone would have to get close enough to clinch which i dont see happening anytime soon.
lemandp
9/6/07 7:23:54PM
We'll see how Lawler does in EliteXC vs Ninja. After that, we can start to compare him vs Martin. He mopped the floor with Trigg, which I thoroughly enjoyed
guccimane
9/6/07 11:06:17PM

Posted by chiefwiggum

I agree, although I think he has a better shot at beating Franklin than Silva. Martin has been fairly impressive since dropping to 185. I would love to see a Terry Martin VS Robbie Lawler.

why is this guy not banned but that other guy is?? that doesnt make sense
Aether
9/7/07 1:50:18AM
he most likely was banned for a different post, or possibly he was banned previously and re-made his account with a new IP address. Either way I doubt that was the post that did it.
Svartorm
9/7/07 2:30:26AM

Posted by guccimane

Posted by chiefwiggum

why is this guy not banned but that other guy is?? that doesnt make sense

If you want to know why he got banned, PM me, as I don't share that info on a public forum. Chiefwiggum didn't get banned because hes a generally good natured fellow and has never given us a problem before.