Tendonitis

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Tendonitis
Guru
9/20/08 7:33:52PM
Got it in my wrist. i see the Doc on monday. though i am wondering if there are any peticular exercises i can do to help me be able to do push ups again. (no range of motion)

for those of you that dont know. im joining the army and leaving around october. i need to be able to do push ups...
mikevolz
9/21/08 3:39:31AM
aleve, ice, rest, not going too hard. i have it seriously in both my elbows and a lesser degree in my shoulders.

if you can find a good wrist brace, get it. a good elbow brace makes my elbows feel like new.

and you might want to look into some glucosamine and chondroitin pills. protect those joints.
casey64
9/21/08 10:49:30AM
Tendonitis is a bitch, rest dont go too hard on anything you do. Until the army.
Jackelope
9/21/08 11:00:32AM

Posted by Guru

Got it in my wrist. i see the Doc on monday. though i am wondering if there are any peticular exercises i can do to help me be able to do push ups again. (no range of motion)

for those of you that dont know. im joining the army and leaving around october. i need to be able to do push ups...

Rest, ice and try out some glucosamine. Also try wrapping it throughout the day just to help support it. That's something I do when my wrists flare up thanks to too much boxing

Did you sign anything yet? If not PM me with any questions you might have. I just got out last year and I can surely help you make some good decisions before you head out to MEPS
Rush
9/21/08 2:27:04PM
Rest above all. I had tendonitis in my knee and nothing worked until I actually stopped working out for a few weeks.
The-Don
9/21/08 4:37:19PM
also do pushups using something like the perfect push up or on your fists so you can keep your wrist straight.. but yea.. rest is the best thing and try to stabilize it.. if you have wrist wraps or an ace bandage those will help... you do not want to do any unneeded movement so the tendens can relax.. it sucks to have.. ice as stated helps greatly as well..
4u2nv
9/22/08 9:22:05AM
ohh that sux bro. i had that last year for like 2-3 months. It does go away with taking it easy, rest, heat before or during workout and ice when ur done. Wrap, wrap, wrap ur wrist and some tape too. Right now im fighting i think to be some sort of Tennis Elbow, and it sux ass as well. Only thing is Im doing everything Im told to and its not going away.
Believe-in-judo81
9/22/08 11:16:39AM
Whatever you do make sure you go healthy man, I got a medical discharge from the Navy and few things suck/hurt worse than being told you aren't good enough and the government doesn't want you on some medical bullshit. If you need any advice feel free to shoot me a PM, I'll help any way I can.
The-Don
9/23/08 9:53:19PM

Posted by 4u2nv

ohh that sux bro. i had that last year for like 2-3 months. It does go away with taking it easy, rest, heat before or during workout and ice when ur done. Wrap, wrap, wrap ur wrist and some tape too. Right now im fighting i think to be some sort of Tennis Elbow, and it sux ass as well. Only thing is Im doing everything Im told to and its not going away.

as a former varsity tennis player yea tennis elbow which is basicly tendenitis of the elbow sux arse I weould go all week not practicing and just play matches trying to heal it... best way to avoid tendonitis in most joints is proper form its usually caused by making the tendons do things they are not used to doing or doing incorectly...
Guru
9/25/08 12:38:17AM
I <3 you guys man haha!

Its gone away. i have fully rested for a week and it hasnt bothered me at all today. im following up with an Ortho so we'll see what happens

Thanks everyone!
4u2nv
9/25/08 11:32:15AM
awesome! glad to see u lucked out. Mines has only gotten worse and i haven't been able to train for 2 days and im seeing the doctor trw :( idk what they can do for me but i've been icing and streching but nothing is working.