The Ten Dimensions

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Ten Dimensions
TimW001
12/27/07 12:32:29AM
LINK

I'm pretty sure this is going to blow your mind.
juanez13
12/27/07 12:44:09AM
wow... thats all i can say wow
jiujitsufreak74
12/27/07 1:20:53AM
this was an interesting video, i was good up until the seventh dimension, where it began to seem to abstract for me. i personally cannot conceive that there are actually ten dimensions, and that in the tenth dimension, which we consider to be a point because there can't possibly be anything else, the vibrations from its nonexistent strings form our subatomic particles in our 3rd dimension. i think this is all done in theory and i cannot translate it into an applicable theory because there is too many unknowns and it involves the hard to prove science of quantum physics. i find it hard to make this tenth dimension theory credible since we are unable to prove anything beyond the 4th dimension.

all in all, saying there is definitely a tenth dimension which impacts the subatomic particles of our dimension is like saying there is definitely a god or that the big bang definitely happened, we just can't prove these things with 100%certainty, and until we can i will just accept it as an interesting theory that imo is not applicable to real time.

if you have no idea what i just said or if you would like to discuss your views on this with me please pm me.
tuvok500
12/27/07 1:24:24AM
the string theory is hard to imagine and it is the result a quantum mecanique.

and easier way to understand the others 6 dimensions is to imagine that the others dimensions are very small and to be able to see them or walk to them , we would have to be as tiny as a quark.

if we look at a fishing wire, we can only feel 1 dimension , to see the other 2 dimension we have to look at it with a microscope.

but if we would be very tiny, we would be able to walk on the wire back and forth , left and right , up and down without any problem because the wire would be much bigger than us.

to feel or walk to the others dimension in the string theory , we would have to be not bigger than a quark inside an atome.

the string theory tell that we live in an 11 dimensions universe but only 4 of them are big enough for us to feel them.

tuvok500
12/27/07 1:35:05AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

this was an interesting video, i was good up until the seventh dimension, where it began to seem to abstract for me. i personally cannot conceive that there are actually ten dimensions, and that in the tenth dimension, which we consider to be a point because there can't possibly be anything else, the vibrations from its nonexistent strings form our subatomic particles in our 3rd dimension. i think this is all done in theory and i cannot translate it into an applicable theory because there is too many unknowns and it involves the hard to prove science of quantum physics. i find it hard to make this tenth dimension theory credible since we are unable to prove anything beyond the 4th dimension.

all in all, saying there is definitely a tenth dimension which impacts the subatomic particles of our dimension is like saying there is definitely a god or that the big bang definitely happened, we just can't prove these things with 100%certainty, and until we can i will just accept it as an interesting theory that imo is not applicable to real time.

if you have no idea what i just said or if you would like to discuss your views on this with me please pm me.

the BigBand did happen, the experimentasion in the accelerators confirmed the big bang theory and the actual knowledge can bring us back to the 1 trilionnieme of a trilionnieme of a second of the start of the universe when the universe was pure energy only.

thousand of experimentations and observation have confirmed the big bamg theory and of course there are still some unknown but you can be sure that the Big bang did happened as real as you are now man .

now, before telling me that you don't believe it or we have no proof, read at least 10 books on the subject and if you are still not believing it PM me !!

roadking95th
12/27/07 3:01:32PM
The most popular book in the world supports the Big Bang Theory

Pitbull09
12/29/07 3:22:27AM
isnt it m-theory that believes there are 11 or 9 dimensions? To be honest, I don't think any of this gives us the best perception of the beginning of the universe. Its ridiculous to believe we can completely say for sure everything that has happened before the eath came into being. Just a few years ago, string theory wasnt popular in the scientific community until finally it was realized that it worked better.

The greeks did well for mankind using logic and theory but lacked in experimentation and thats why some of their findings are completely off. To say the big bang is proven, is just what science has been doing for years. They stand by a law until its found to be broken and then change it to make a new law that is completely proven.

Spontaneous generation was popular about fifty years ago until it became obvious it was wrong and not proven any longer. So why does it make any sense to go on a unversal scale and say all of existence came from spontaneous generation?

Personally, I think this isnt a matter of religous belief as it can fit into intelligent design just as well but until science can tell us what caused existence and for a singularity to expand, I really dont care about string or m theory to prove our past but further our knowledge in quantum mechanics
Pitbull09
12/29/07 3:29:06AM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

the BigBand did happen, the experimentasion in the accelerators confirmed the big bang theory and the actual knowledge can bring us back to the 1 trilionnieme of a trilionnieme of a second of the start of the universe when the universe was pure energy only.

thousand of experimentations and observation have confirmed the big bamg theory and of course there are still some unknown but you can be sure that the Big bang did happened as real as you are now man .

now, before telling me that you don't believe it or we have no proof, read at least 10 books on the subject and if you are still not believing it PM me !!

Theres a difference however between believing it and proving it. If he reads 10 books on it, it only can change his perseption to why that theory may be correct and not to this theory works the best therfore it is correct. I just dont understand why science wants to make a theory absolute so quickly when the theory is suspose to be the proof itself
jiujitsufreak74
12/29/07 1:31:05PM

Posted by Pitbull09
Theres a difference however between believing it and proving it. If he reads 10 books on it, it only can change his perseption to why that theory may be correct and not to this theory works the best therfore it is correct. I just dont understand why science wants to make a theory absolute so quickly when the theory is suspose to be the proof itself

that is exactly my point, it is just a theory not a confirmed fact.

and i was just comparing how the big bang is a theory to how this ten dimension ideal is just a theory as well and is not a confirmed fact.