Ten can't-miss MMA fights for the second half of 2010

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Ten can't-miss MMA fights for the second half of 2010
postman
7/15/10 11:39:52AM
Not yet fully fleshed out, the fight calendar for the back half of 2010 already reads like a best-of list. While this is sure to get augmented as promoters update their schedules for the remainder of the year, it's clear there's more than enough mixed martial arts to keep fight fans occupied. Here are the 10 fights (plus 10 more honorable mentions) I'm most looking forward to.........

Josh Gross Via SI.com
postman
7/15/10 11:43:05AM
Tim Kennedy vs. Ronaldo Souza, Aug. 21, Houston, Texas, Toyota Center, Strikeforce: Houston

Evan Dunham vs. Sean Sherk, Sept. 25, Indianapolis, Ind., Conseco Fieldhouse, UFC 119

Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard, Aug. 28, Boston, Mass., TD Garden, UFC 118

Beat alot of his ranked ones imo.
jae_1833
7/15/10 8:06:42PM

The ones I liked on his article are Cain Lesnar, Couture Toney, and Mir Nog.
ncordless
7/15/10 11:55:21PM
Couture/Toney, Mir/Nog, and King Mo/Feijao don't really interest me that much and I would put Dunham/Sherk, Maynard/Florian, and Bader/Lil Nog in there instead. Not a bad list though and a good teaser during this downtime.
lohmann
7/16/10 3:47:33AM

Posted by ncordless

Couture/Toney, Mir/Nog, and King Mo/Feijao don't really interest me that much and I would put Dunham/Sherk, Maynard/Florian, and Bader/Lil Nog in there instead. Not a bad list though and a good teaser during this downtime.

Agreed, although I'm split on Couture/Toney. The hardcore fan in alerts me to its absurdity, but there's something about the clash of styles, personalities, temperaments, and sports that makes me want to see it and its aftermath anyway.

I'd add JDS vs. Nelson and Hardy vs. Condit as honorable mentions.