Can anyone tell me the best way to wrap your hands? not tape, but wrap?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Can anyone tell me the best way to wrap your hands? not tape, but wrap?
waylon_o
2/21/07 7:19:35PM
I just got some new mma gloves...i've been wrapping my hands when I wear my bag gloves for when I go to town on the heavy bag, but I've never really learned the proper way. Can anyone tell me?
MrGreeny
2/21/07 8:03:51PM

Posted by waylon_o

I just got some new mma gloves...i've been wrapping my hands when I wear my bag gloves for when I go to town on the heavy bag, but I've never really learned the proper way. Can anyone tell me?

It is a hard topic for me too... I tried THESE instructions and i use the 1-st method but my wraps are shorter and i don't do the between-the-fingers thing I want to know the wrappingmethod of UFC's cutman The Stitch sooo badly (he uses tape but whatever..) Griffin said at an 'inside the UFC' something like "I wanted to punch even my mother with those wrapping..." (not really the exact quote but...)
MonkeyPus
2/22/07 5:27:37PM
bayonetxwork
2/22/07 7:01:04PM

Posted by CtOlaf

Posted by waylon_o

It is a hard topic for me too... I tried THESE instructions and i use the 1-st method but my wraps are shorter and i don't do the between-the-fingers thing I want to know the wrappingmethod of UFC's cutman The Stitch sooo badly (he uses tape but whatever..) Griffin said at an 'inside the UFC' something like "I wanted to punch even my mother with those wrapping..." (not really the exact quote but...)

The link he put is the way I wrap mine. But I'm not gonna lie, I never wrapped my knuckles for a few years, and never had a problem with them. So IMO, if your wraps aren't long enough, just 'figure eight' your forearm and palm, then make sure you get at least two wraps around your thumb and you should be good.
MrGreeny
2/23/07 7:47:59PM
Nice video... I will try it tomorrow! IMO it's highly personal how you wrap your hands. There are some obligatory moves but the other part depends from your hand, your fighting style and how comfortable are you with the wraps. Some fighters don't like the thumb area, strikers in general want more wrap over the knuckles and do the 'ribbon' thing etc..
loller90278
1/5/08 3:49:38PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by CtOlaf

Posted by waylon_o

The link he put is the way I wrap mine. But I'm not gonna lie, I never wrapped my knuckles for a few years, and never had a problem with them. So IMO, if your wraps aren't long enough, just 'figure eight' your forearm and palm, then make sure you get at least two wraps around your thumb and you should be good.

you should ALWAYS wrap your knuckles. i wrap mine and go in between my index and middle finger only though.
cmill21
1/5/08 5:05:23PM
I wrap between my pnikie and my index finger. Never isolate your pinkie because it's not that hard to break. Wrap whatevers comfterble theres not a set way of how to do it, just a bunch of good ways.
Mastodon2
1/5/08 6:39:06PM
I use the Thai method, there are like a million FAQs on how to do it, I feel it gives optimum knuckle support, and allows for good wrist support too. I would never use a method that didnt wrap between the fingers, it's just too easy to break knuckles like that, since you arent compression each knuckle and supporting it.