UFC 83 Televised Card Set

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 83 Televised Card Set
juanez13
3/5/08 10:51:32AM
LINK

The UFC recently posted the final televised card for "UFC 83: Serra vs. St. Pierre 2," an event that takes place April 19 at Montreal's Bell Centre.

It's the first-ever UFC event held in Canada and is scheduled to air via pay-per-view.

The full card includes:

MAIN CARD

Champ Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre (title-unification bout)
Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter
Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes
Michael Bisping vs. Charles McCarthy
Marc Bocek vs. Mac Danzig
PRELIMINARY CARD

Joe Doerksen vs. Jason MacDonald
Rich Clementi vs. Sam Stout
Alan Belcher vs. Jason Day
Jonathan Goulet vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Ed Herman vs. Demian Maia*
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/5/08 10:59:17AM
hahahahaha ima gonna see aaaaallll of them!!!
tuvok500
3/5/08 11:05:25AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

hahahahaha ima gonna see aaaaallll of them!!!

Me too !!!

Mayhem13
3/5/08 11:11:00AM
the Herman or Clementi fight should be on over Danzig....but Ohh well.
emfleek
3/5/08 11:16:00AM

Posted by Mayhem13

the Herman or Clementi fight should be on over Danzig....but Ohh well.

I'm guessing they're putting Danzig on the main card while he's still fresh in people's memories from TUF.
MondayNiteMauser
3/5/08 11:26:59AM
Lame card compared to the recent pride of a champion card...I'm just waiting for ILL Will ....
Darnok
3/5/08 11:44:53AM

Posted by MondayNiteMauser

Lame card compared to the recent pride of a champion card...I'm just waiting for ILL Will ....

I don't know. How could a lame card be the fastest selling UFC ever, and will probably have the highest atendance ever. But if you say it is lame who am I to argue.
SmileR
3/5/08 11:49:51AM
Looks like a another pretty cool card.
I can't wait for GSP to prove that last fight was a fluke!
Also i'm pretty excited for Rich's next fight!
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/5/08 11:59:16AM

Posted by Darnok

I don't know. How could a lame card be the fastest selling UFC ever, and will probably have the highest atendance ever. But if you say it is lame who am I to argue.

Who are you to argue??? your on a message board, it's what your supposed to do!!! Mauser here probably didint get to buy his tickets before they were sold out, jealousy maybe? Anyways this card does to me look pretty good and I can't wait to be there, it is going to be F*CKING AWESOME
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/5/08 1:45:38PM

80 looked lame compared to 79 & 82 & it was one of the most exciting cards ive seen in a while.....
MMAcca
3/5/08 1:52:37PM
Card looks very good to me. Can't wait to see GSP & Ace get the victory
Pookie
3/5/08 2:07:34PM
i think its pretty lame too.

Demian Maia and georges st pierre are the only people i care to see on this card.
Danzig vs. bocek? bleh
Starnes vs. quarry? weak
Franklin vs. Lutter? not even comparable competition
Bisbing gets another easy win?

But who knows it may have 4 candidates for fight of the year. still... not going to order it
whardin19
3/5/08 3:02:49PM

Posted by juanez13

LINK

The UFC recently posted the final televised card for "UFC 83: Serra vs. St. Pierre 2," an event that takes place April 19 at Montreal's Bell Centre.

It's the first-ever UFC event held in Canada and is scheduled to air via pay-per-view.

The full card includes:

MAIN CARD

Champ Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre (title-unification bout)
Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter
Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes
Michael Bisping vs. Charles McCarthy
Marc Bocek vs. Mac Danzig
PRELIMINARY CARD

Joe Doerksen vs. Jason MacDonald
Rich Clementi vs. Sam Stout
Alan Belcher vs. Jason Day
Jonathan Goulet vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Ed Herman vs. Demian Maia*

I wish the Ed Herman vs. Demian Maia fight was on the main card. That's going to be a good fight. They could replace the Bisping vs. McCarthy fight. I'm not sure anyone cares about that fight. Bisping will probably walk right over McCarthy. I think Sam Stout smashes Clementi. Belcher wins a tough fight with Day. MacDonald wines his way to victory against Doekerson...lol. Danzig gets more than he bargains for against Bocek but still wins. Franklin dog walks Lutter. Serra vs. GSP is a WAR!!!!!
loller90278
3/5/08 4:02:08PM
how can the org with the best fighters put out a card with no mega fights? GSP is the only real recognizable name on that card.. maybe besides franklin (to the casual fan)
CornishMMA
3/5/08 4:47:17PM

Posted by Darnok

Oh no

Errm i THINK it may just have something to do with the 1st UFC in Canada and GSP in the main event, thats 1 fight not the "card" he was referring to as a whole

I agree it is a weak card, save for the main event i see this as weak as 78, the fights are either mismatches or uninteresting so it doesnt compare to 81/82 or 84 imho
prozacnation1978
3/5/08 6:56:19PM
weak main card, i would rather see the rich clementi fight and ed herman fight instead of bisping and bocek fight. i saw the bocek fight in dec one of the most boring fights i have ever witnessed, know the good news, bisping and the danzig fight should only last one round so maybe we can see those 2 fight or at least one of the prelims
jrmmaclassics
3/5/08 7:18:42PM
It may be weak but you all are going to watch it anyway.
nastshabast
3/5/08 8:13:23PM
Just because you dummies can't get hard for anyone but Chuck or Rampage or Tito does not make this a weak card. You just think it's weak because you are silly. Are you guys the same guys who thought the Lesnar / Nog/ Sylvia card was awesome before it aired. Yup you are and it was boring as hell. The cards that the masses perceive as weak are (generally) the best because guys have shit to prove and nothin to live up to.

Step your game up yankees.

That was rude I apologize for the yankee coment.

Step your game up world.
tylerlee123
3/6/08 10:36:54AM
I hope the herman /meia fight is televised i'd love to see that fight
Darnok
3/6/08 11:37:31AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Darnok

Who are you to argue??? your on a message board, it's what your supposed to do!!! Mauser here probably didint get to buy his tickets before they were sold out, jealousy maybe? Anyways this card does to me look pretty good and I can't wait to be there, it is going to be F*CKING AWESOME

I am freaking jealous as well but you don't see me putting down a card just because I can't be there.

Enjoy the fights D0wnUnd6e6r we expect to hear all about it when you get back.
MondayNiteMauser
3/6/08 1:31:41PM
the only reason its the fastest selling event is because GSP is fighting for the Undisputed title in Canada's first MMA event my friend....The card has no intriguing fights to me and were fairly simple to pick . You can't tell me you wouldn't want to see Chuck vs. Silva or Anderson vs. Henderson over GSP and Serra.
Darnok
3/6/08 1:51:24PM

Posted by nastshabast

Just because you dummies can't get hard for anyone but Chuck or Rampage or Tito does not make this a weak card. You just think it's weak because you are silly. Are you guys the same guys who thought the Lesnar / Nog/ Sylvia card was awesome before it aired. Yup you are and it was boring as hell. The cards that the masses perceive as weak are (generally) the best because guys have shit to prove and nothin to live up to.

Step your game up yankees.

That was rude I apologize for the yankee coment.

Step your game up world.

Nuff Said

And yes watching GSP pound the shit out of squeaky is better than Chukie any day.
MondayNiteMauser
3/7/08 2:03:36PM
All you Canucks are the same....If GSP wasn't on this card you would agree with me. Personally i think Fight Night 13 makes 83 look like kiddy play. I'd be upset if i paid $1000 for tickets in Canada when i could see a better card in Vegas for $50...I won't even pay 50 to order the fight via pay per view. Even though i know i'll go to a bar or something to watch it....for the price of my meal.
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/8/08 12:39:24PM

All you Canucks are the same....If GSP wasn't on this card you would agree with me. Personally i think Fight Night 13 makes 83 look like kiddy play. I'd be upset if i paid $1000 for tickets in Canada when i could see a better card in Vegas for $50...I won't even pay 50 to order the fight via pay per view. Even though i know i'll go to a bar or something to watch it....for the price of my meal.

I paid 400$
jiujitsufreak74
3/8/08 1:05:29PM
well we all know that the magnitude of the names on the card doesn't always mean it will be a good card. look at PRIDE, there were many events that were "stacked" and turned out to be the more boring events but the cards that featured "lesser" names were exciting and interesting. and tbh i think this card has no lack of "big" names on it. I would have preferred that Belcher v Day be on it because that is a match up that i am really intrigued to see. either way Serra v GSP is a must watch, Quarry and Starnes will be a nice stand up battle, Franklin and Lutter will be another fight for Franklin to put n another exciting performance, Bisping...well i can see how Bisping isn't the greatest to watch but Danzig and Bocek will be fast paced. the Undercard is solid as well as i would love to see Sam Stout v Rich Clementi due to the sheer unpredictability of it (will Clementi bring it to the ground, will Stout keep it on the feet, who will win the striking battle...), Damian Maia is a talent i like to keep my eye on and a fight with Ed Herman will be a good indicator for him and i already mentioned Belcher and Day. to me this card looks really good and i am extremely envious to all of those here who get to go and i just hope they enjoy there time there because i know i would.
prozacnation1978
3/8/08 2:04:20PM

Posted by jrmmaclassics

It may be weak but you all are going to watch it anyway.

you got me there!!!!!!!
shogun7
3/10/08 2:51:51PM
Are you kidding me dude? "i guess thats why it is the fastest selling ufc pay per view ever blah blah blah" dude are u retarded or just cant put two and two together? like mauser said it is the first ufc pay per view in canada and the main event is none other than...oh yeah a canadian maybe thats why? matt serra is a joke and the first fight was a fluke. its not going to be a good fight its going to be a vicious one sided beating. Franklin and lutter is going to be lame too neither one of them can challenge the champ so who really cares, rich still doesnt know where he is, which will probly be a good thing for him! Nate quarry vs. starnes is pretty weak too although the rock stays throwin down. jesus christ anyone who thinks this card is just great needs to be slapped ... The Fight Night is KILLING this card. KILLING IT